Changing Height

Davdz13

Hello everyone.

So I know that there are characters in the CC that are using the "height mod", making them taller than possible in the game. So, I tried to edit one of those characters, since I wanted to use the "height mod" to make a taller wrestler, but upon editing the body it'll revert back to the maximum 7'0". So my question is... How can I change the height of a CAW going over the limit? Pofos don't seem to be working as of now so I'm really puzzled. I haven't had a definitive answer in over 3-4 hours so... But I know it's possible, otherwise there wouldn't be CAWs standing at 7'10" on the Community Creations!

7'10"?  Have you ever seen them actually appear that large during a match tho?  I know how to edit the height with cheat engine but when you take it higher than 7'0 it still always looks about the same to me during a match.  If there's a character you know of in CC that noticeably stands way taller than everyone else during the match, let me know who it is so I can download them and try to duplicate it.

If you want to try this, I made a stand alone height changer for Cheat Engine that works for CAWs and regular superstars.  Instructions are found in the "table extras" in the lower right corner of the cheat table.  https://www.mediafire.com/file/jbebt991e1nyjh2/EZ+Height+Changer+118.CT/file

Edited by Dirty Cheater
  • Like 1

Thank you! I knew there had to be some kind of CE height changer somewhere!

7'10"?  Have you ever seen them actually appear that large during a match tho? 

And to be frank, I've actually found no difference whatsoever, no. It's weird. 7'10 is definitely bigger on the CAW area, they even almost pop their heads out of the screen. But once they're in a match, it's like they're a normal 7'0. Even on the last game that happened. 7'4" and a 7'0" have the same height in match, but not the same height when you're making them. Maybe there's a different code controlling the match height? I tried to investigate the memory with CE the other day, but I couldn't find anything relevant, not even the pofos. But thanks, anyway, Mr. Dirty Cheater! I'll test out the CT anyway!

Yeah it sounds like there's some sort of conditional check/compare when the match loads.  If the height is above or below a certain range, I'm guessing it overwrites it during the match to keep them within a size where they can still grapple each other.  I remember in older games if you made somebody HUGE, like standing off the screen huge lol, the grappling would break and it wouldn't really work right.

If you are familiar with CE and have time and want to explore, the thing I'd do is put a "see what accesses this address" on the height value of somebody and then start a match with them in it.  Maybe you'll get lucky and only a few results come up, and one of them will be an obvious compare jump conditional when you explore them in the disassembler.  It will probably be an instruction that only accesses it ONE time during match load and that's it, since this "resize" is obviously happening when a match loads.  So if any instructions are accessing it more than that (or constantly) it's less likely to be them.  Maybe it'll even be as simple as finding and NOP'ing one instruction.

If I have time soon I'll check into it more but that's how I'd start going about it off the top of my head.

Edited by Dirty Cheater