Character Placeholder mod for WWE2K23 version 2.8 for patch update 1.20

BlindedByTheGrace

@Shiryo

The developers removed the slot entirely in update 1.19 and left it as female. The gender can be changed by injecting a pofo file in cheatengine. Search for 600301008E01 and copy/paste this pofo file over , then save https://mega.nz/file/UEhUXThR#BcAHXzk_fk9xDTfJ_O7Ds-wL_rE1XzWgeY5FYg360I4

There shouldnt be any issues with the mod loading in a match if you are able to assign entrance and victory motions. Did you copy over another entrance\victory to the character? Can you confirm the model loads in create entrance? I don't think you're missing anything. How are the folder and files named?

@BlindedByTheGrace

Deleted part: I misunderstood mod instructions and wrongly renamed some files, I fixed that. Slot works now. 

Last issue is I failed pasting the pofo for the gender: the slot completely disappear.

First time I paste a pofo, I’m surely doing something wrong: I found the 600301008E01, I opened pofo with notepad, copied all the text insiste and paste it over the esistong one… correct? 

Edited by Shiryo

@Shiryoa pofo file is not a text file. It is a data file that has to be opened in a hex editor like HxD. There is no way  notepad can display the same hexadecimal characters as those you see in the memory viewer when you search in cheatengine. 
I’m afraid you’ve messed up the data  for the slot that’s why it’s vanished.!

Hi! I hope you are well.

Thanks for this great mod!

Your instructions say as it concerns the refs: ' 2 placeholder special referees have been added.( One male and one female)
  They are set as Steve Austin (street attire) and Sonta Deville. They can be replaced by another character or a CAW.'

^How do I replace these with a CAW?

Hello. Thank you so much for this mod. I've used it last year and this year and it has made the game so much more fun. I noticed that multiple characters that have multiple attire slots still use the same attire in the game even if I put a different attire space. I used two different Road Dogg attires in the 499 slot. No matter which I pick, it uses the one I put in the first attire slot. The same thing happens with the Kenny Omega that I put in slot 1014. I didn't know if you were aware or if you knew any sort of fix for this. Thank you!

An other question m8. I’m trying to overwrite 626 Demon Finn Balor default model, but I cant find the correct name for the folder. 626_superstar doesn’t work, probabily it’s something more similar to the default naming, I tried 626_finn_balor and similar but no way. Do you have the correct folder name? Ad a plus, if you can help me under stand how to get it by myself so I don’t bother in future.. I tried searching 626 in caked files but I can’t find it 

Hi,

The link on the 1st page is dead. Any chance of a re-up please or how do I go about unlocking the slots manually (I'm guessing Cheat Engine?). This is my first WWE game I've tried modding since 2k18 so hopefully I'll get the hang of this one.

Thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...

@FocusUP probably you just have to copy an entrance from anyone else, just to fill the empty data that causes the freeze, then you go in create an entrance and give him the correct one. OR, the way I do, download a CAS and copy entrance, victory and moveset from that one, then delete the CAS.

On 6/14/2023 at 6:49 PM, BlindedByTheGrace said:

This mod will allow you place character mods in unused slots without replacing. There is a selection of 80 Unused slots with character placeholder names assigned 

which you can change using the Sdb editor.

You will need Cake tools for 2k23 to use this mod.

https://mega.nz/file/kIx0SYqJ#CZoSsclDj43WDSdtoBeBj8AdQOd9J8r0s2nHRCv74pM

Updated for WWE 2K23 VERSION 1.20

how can i play a sashabank

• 2 weeks later...

i tried everything and managed to replaced Baron Corbin render but i cant replace his character slot 

copied entrance did everything it didn't work always crash

i did CM Punk but can't do Corbin

Edited by AJhero1vs2

@AJhero1vs2Shawn Michaels 97 ID is 145 , so the renders are 145_Render and 145-Render2. The ID for Triple H 98 is 358. The renders are 358_Render and 358-Render2. Loot in the UI\Render folder and you will find placeholder renders with these names which you replace with your render.

The issue with the Corbin slot might have to do with the mod. There isn't any issue with the placeholder slot 508 slot, as long as the folders are named correctly (508_Superstar and 508_Attire ) 

hey i need help i want to disable some slots and is there a way to replace renders for the alt attire slots

@BlindedByTheGrace thank you i managed to find the id with caketool in the bake 60 folder