Posted (edited)

It is an issue with your AV software, which recognizes the installer as a possible virus and removes it. Try to download the setup in another browser, that should help. Do not use Chrome for the download, that was a possible fix posted on discord.

Edited by TheVisitorX

I tried it on Mozilla, on Microsoft Edge...every time it says I don't have permission to save where I try to save it. But I can download anything else from anywhere. Idk what it is about this specific file now. 

I don't get how I was able to use it 2 weeks ago but now I can't.

EDIT: I figured it out. I temporarily turned off my AV to install it then added the path to exceptions. Didn't know it would flag and remove it without telling me...until I remembered I had my AV on silent mode. Oopsies.

Edited by DetectiveMidge
Adding an update

Hey, might be a new issue for you guys to watch for. They seem to have patched the game in some areas recently. MyFaction has been nerfed for example so it's very new. I tried to replace a theme for the first time (American Patriot with Duggan's) and I lost all access to Online! I had to restore the backup, quit Steam and reopen to be let back in (Phew!) so it wasn't a permaban but it seems like a crackdown to me...

You would be the first person to get banned because of a modded sound. I don't think it was really due to the changed theme. So far no one has been banned because of a change to the sounds. Especially since the sound changes only affect you locally. You can't upload the sounds anywhere anyway and no one will hear them online. So I don't think this falls under 'cheating' either.

Can anyone tell me where I can find the menu soundtracks and replace them with my own tracks?

Soundtracks are in the sound folder, and then in the file music_4.pck 

I've turned my soundtracks into an 80's throwback, because I can't stand the songs they've chosen for 2K24. Thank God for Sound Editor!

AdBVIubs_o.png

This is hard to understand. I download the sound Editor but i also got some songs from youtube and turn them into flies but it wont show them anywhere. Is there something i need to do? help if you can

It's really pretty simple. Find a song or theme on YouTube and find a way to convert it to an mp3 or wav file. (If you don't know how to do that, just google it.)

After you get your file, open up Sound Editor. Scroll to the top, click on 'tools' then click on 'sound converter'. Drag and drop your file (wav or mp3) right where it says to. Then click 'process'. It should export the new file (which is a wem) right to your desktop. 

From there, Just find what song or theme in the game you'd like to replace. Do that by opening up one of the sound files from 2K24 with Sound Editor and scrolling through the songs/themes to find what you'd like to change. Highlight it with your cursor, right click it and select 'import'. Choose the new wem file you just made and you're done. You can even highlight it again, right click on select 'play' to check and make sure it's working. When you're done, just move that sound file (.pck file) back into your 2K24 sound folder. 

• Like 1

For some reason changing call names for superstars ring announcements doesn't take effect in game despite getting successfully injected.

Any way how to fix that? 

I was wondering anybody is able to help. I've reinstalled Sound Editor a numerous amount of times but the program won't launch - not even an icon in my taskbar. Does anyone know if I've done something wrong or there is a fix?

is the creator to sound editor going update it after the update of wwek2k24

15 hours ago, hiddenagent97 said:

is the creator to sound editor going update it after the update of wwek2k24

I don't know if he needs to update it but if you cant get your CAW entrance music to work after the update just import them again. Should be easy since it's all listed just replace/Import them and you're all good again 

I was wondering anybody is able to help. I've reinstalled Sound Editor a numerous amount of times but the program won't launch - not even an icon in my taskbar. Does anyone know if I've done something wrong or there is a fix?

You are not alone with exactly this problem.
I had this too, uninstalled it and have not been able to reinstall it since (setup error). I've tried everything, but have given up in the meantime. Maybe the problem will be fixed at some point, but I doubt it, as the program seems to work for most people.

• Like 1

Hm. Sound Converter suddenly not working for me. I just used it like 3 days ago and it was fine. Now when I drag or look up the file, it allows me to select the mp3 but it never adds it to the project list. Tried signing in with wwise again, all that, still not working. Still injecting songs just fine.

TheVisitorX  - last update 1.05 sound file ( ra_1.pck) is very large,  importing  files are taken lot of time'  what do u think about that,  i mean can u fix that ?

I'm on vacation right now, so it might take a bit longer, but I will have a look.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

The long taking import in such a big file is because of the backup. Did you enable backups? It takes a really long time for that file. I will change the backup behavior in the next update. Instead of backing up the whole file every time you import something, I will then only backup the changed data and offsets. That makes the whole process a lot faster.

Edited by TheVisitorX
  • Like 2

does anyone else get an insufficiant permissions error message when trying to download sound editor ? any help to not getting this would be brilliant

thanks in advance :)

I tried installing it but it keeps saying "setup error could not read setup package", i tried uninstalling it i thought it might already be on there but when i went into the add or remove programs and try uninstalling it says the file could not be found as it was in a folder that no longer exists on my computer i do not know how to fix this

I tried installing it but it keeps saying "setup error could not read setup package", i tried uninstalling it i thought it might already be on there but when i went into the add or remove programs and try uninstalling it says the file could not be found as it was in a folder that no longer exists on my computer i do not know how to fix this

Hi I received an error xml not loaded and tried to reinstall soundeditor in the process, I accidentally deleted my 2k24 folder from database, is there anyway you can help me?

For some reason When i install the tool it doesnt give me an Update and im stuck at V2.1.0.1, is there a way to have it update or am i just stuck at that Version?  sorry if this has been answered, i couldnt find it for some reason

For some reason When i install the tool it doesnt give me an Update and im stuck at V2.1.0.1, is there a way to have it update or am i just stuck at that Version?  sorry if this has been answered, i couldnt find it for some reason