Posted (edited)

An update of SE (version 2.2.0) has been released (only via internal updater for now)

Changes:

Added:

- 2K24 database by Mark/Rampage, High Summoner Izzy, Kingpin @PWM (Please select the "2K24" database in program settings in order to use it)

Fixed:

- Sound-Preview for 2K24 isn't working

- TTS does not work due to issues with FakeYou

Changed:

- SE now remembers the current selected row / scroll position in the grid after a file import

Removed:

- Storing FormLocation and current WindowState in settings

You like my work or find it helpful? Please consider a donation!

Edited by TheVisitorX
  • Like 5

• TheVisitorX changed the title to [Released] Sound Editor Version 2.2.0.0

Hello, I have a problem, I have imported the song to a generic theme (80.1) but the song that I imported does not play in the game. The game is from Steam. Did I do something wrong when importing?

Is there gonna be a fix that adds the names of the songs that are blanked out?

Edited by BeowulfHunter
Fixed my own problem after posting

@kuletxcore he said in the post

An update of SE (version 2.2.0) has been released (only via internal updater for now)

You need to install Sound Editor 2.1.0.1 and then update  to 2.2.0.0 from the editor itself 

Edited by JesterX
  • Like 1

@JesterXis right. I can't update the setup at the moment, because I'm missing some project files for that. Maybe I will release an updated zip archive, but I'm not sure, since the internal updater is working fine.

• Like 1

can anyone please help me with this, i bought a gaming laptop so i can use mods from the attitude era also bought the early access to wwe 2k24 and then found out that they are working on tools for 24 but also learned there was a 2k block for mods on 23, so will mods be available to use on 24? if so when should tools be updated, i also tried to download sound editor, i had it working last week but couldn't find the other zip files i needed which i saw on you tube videos, i opened my note pad to replace a song my notepad pad didn't respond, so is there another program to do this on, i only used notepad since my pc recommended it, lastly I'm discovering by reading on here that there was an update on sound editor over the weekend, i tried to download sound editor again but when i open the app nothing happens except an icon on the bottom of my screen, so if there's a new download link please someone send it to me, also if there are any good you tube videos anyone recommends i watch for 24 music and mods please send a link

TheVisitorX    Great update for 2k24 ,  i was replace few themes , i dont have issues for it,  

Menu soundtrack are working better , keep it up

• Like 1

On 3/11/2024 at 5:03 PM, TheVisitorX said:

@JesterXis right. I can't update the setup at the moment, because I'm missing some project files for that. Maybe I will release an updated zip archive, but I'm not sure, since the internal updater is working fine.

Installed 2.1.0.1 about 3 times, I am not able to update to 2.2.0 because there is no updater when I launch the app. Installed on two different drives. I'd appreciate any help on this, I reinstalled 3 more times still can't get the update.

Edited by speedyboogie
No answer. Need help

Has anyone found a workaround that in CAW's a generic song plays instead of the theme we assigned to them? I remember in 2k19 you had to edit in advanced and quick entrance mode and change both themes and then it would change. But now it only has advanced entrance and all my caws are coming out to Goth 1.

EDIT: Nevermind, had to change the victory music.

Edited by tuffmike

I've set the update to 'mandatory', which means that anyone should receive it now - even this people who've used 'no' in the past.

• Like 1

Downloaded including the two other files, Setup Starts, go through setting file location, Creating Desktop Icon, Ect, but when it is ready to install says (Could Not read Setup Package )

EVAN There is two ways to do this... one would be in sound editor. the other and the way I usually do it, Mainly when I was modding 2k19 is to use Audacity as Audacity will let you edit the volume of the song to match up with the rest of the songs.

I'm new and never used the sound editor before. I just saw a Youtube video on it over the weekend. I've been trying to download it and keep getting errors. Is there somewhere else that I can get it or can someone tell me how to get around the errors?

wem conversion failed idk what the issue is 

cant update to new version the update either freezes or i get a popup that says an exeption ocured durring a webclient request

Edited by bwompal

so i got the update working but whenever i go to convert i get a wem failed with a popup that says system error  the code execution cannot proceed because mfc120u.dll was not found. any idea? never had a issue before with sound editor in the past and i know the redistribution packs are installed so idk what the issue is and im not sure if there is a work around for converting 

@bwompalIt is still the same issue, you are missing some dependencies. Someone on discord mentioned that it was the vcredist 2013 version which was missing. Perhaps try to install that?!

i managed to fix that error but now it just says the application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000007b) click ok to close application lol. like i said everything else works just cannot convert . i had some old wem files from last year and i can import them and they work in game no issue just cant convert anything new. you know if there is another tool out there that i can use just for converting if i cant figure it out i honestly have no idea what is up 

So I don't know what else to do. The SmackTalks discord isn't answering but....when I try to download the Sound Editor installer from page 1, Windows says that whatever was downloaded is corrupted or unreadable. I used Sound Editor 18 days ago with ZERO issue (even successfully imported Kenny Omega's AEW theme into the game)...but now it's like Sound Editor isn't installed anymore. I deleted the folder from program files but now it just won't reinstall. Not sure what to do.

So I don't know what else to do. The SmackTalks discord isn't answering but....when I try to download the Sound Editor installer from page 1, Windows says that whatever was downloaded is corrupted or unreadable. I used Sound Editor 18 days ago with ZERO issue (even successfully imported Kenny Omega's AEW theme into the game)...but now it's like Sound Editor isn't installed anymore. I deleted the folder from program files but now it just won't reinstall. Not sure what to do.

• Like 1