Is there a way to download directly the 2.0.0.4 version ?

Because when I download the setup file, it tells me that i'm with the 2.0.0.2 version and when I open Sound Editor, it asks me if I want to download the last version or not.

Currently it seems that every new update destroys the settings for some unknown reason. I have implemented a new way to 'update' them, but it doesnt seem to work as I have expected. The only way right now is a reset of the settings. Solution for that has been written here a few posts above:

Close Sound Editor

Open Windows Explorer

Click on View -> Show -> File name extensions

Click on View -> Show -> HIdden items

Go to C:\Users\Name\AppData\Local\Sound_Editor\Sound_Editor.exe_Url_RANDOMLETTERS\2.0.0.X

Delete user.config

Open Sound Editor

Redo your settings

Solution came from @Waldoocs

Always grateful for the updates for this incredible tool!

Was curious to see if there was any progress on the 2K14 wav to wem conversion tool, as for now I’m still using WWise for that process. Again, beyond grateful for the ability to import WEMS into 2k14! Just seeing if I can save a bunch of steps with that tool. 
Also, I have new data files for 2k14 if you’d like them. Basically have (nearly) all the files named.

@denbigh7I have 3 weeks vacation starting September 18th. let's take a look together then. I would like to fix this somehow, but I still need your help. There are some annoying things left which I still have to fix. This and this invisible window thing are still on my list.

• Like 1

• TheVisitorX changed the title to [Released] Sound Editor Version 2.1.0.0

Does this newer sound editor already come with the menumusic patcher for 2k19? i still have yet to be able to change those licensed songs considering i want a old song feel to wwe not a modern type.

@TheVisitorXso how would i change the soundtrack in the jukebox for 2k19? cause in the 2019 version there was a menumusic patch in the tools tab that would supposedly fix the ability to change the music however in the new one im not quite sure how to do it, especially considering it doesn't let me open game_mode.m.pck in sound editor, it just tells me "Error: Couldn't loud pck file"

@SlothyJoeI'm having the same issue. That seems to be a bug. It should open the file, cause any other file opens fine, only this one has issues. Let me have a look.

Update: That was actually a huge issue. In the current version SE isn't able to handle files bigger than 2GB in size. I will release a hotfix for that in a few minutes.

Update 2: Fixed in 2.1.0.1

Edited by TheVisitorX
  • Like 1

• TheVisitorX changed the title to [Released] Sound Editor Version 2.1.0.1

Nothing was changed in the update in terms of functionality and design in this direction. Try the normal setup. Make a backup of your database folder first if you made any changes there.

Edited by TheVisitorX

It ran well until an hour ago, but now it doesn't run like any other user. Clearing the workaround config does not run.

ps: Fixed. Delete settings.json in the program files (x86)/sound editor folder and run again to run normally and regenerate setting.json. Thank you so much for producing the program. Now, with tts production support, the dream match of dreams can be realized. If you use chatgpt, I think you can change the player's call name by converting tts not only in announcer introduction but also in general commentary.

Edited by k886860

It's really strange that deleting the settings is still necessary. By switching to json, that's exactly what I wanted to fix. Especially since the updater doesn't even write the settings. Really strange :(. But glad that it worked for you and thank you for the kind words! By the way, using ChatGPT to produce the commentary is a great idea, maybe I will add support for that in the future. But of course only with your own API key.

Edited by TheVisitorX

hello I have a problem with the sound editor it no longer wants to open so I updated 2.1.0.1  and it still doesn't want to open and I deleted the config file like recommended what more to do please?

Edited by nicodu10

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but the installer doesn't even work for me. It tells me "Setup Error! Could not read setup package!" and the installer is all in german too when a tutorial I watched has it in English. Am I doing something wrong?

I also can't seem to install the Vc2015 file either. Tell's me a new version is already installed. 

Edited by Fatal_Bliss
New error.

@Fatal_BlissTry it again, I have updated the setup. 

Tell's me a new version is already installed. 

Seems like you already have this version installed.

Was the PS3 console issue fixed? 

No, and fixing this isn't a high priority at the moment. The Wwise template would probably have to be adapted here, among other things, as the produced file does not seem to be compatible with the PS3 version. I don't have the time for such a conversion at the moment. Especially since I unfortunately don't own a PS3 and it  did work with the emulator.

Edited by TheVisitorX

Tried running sound editor today to update Jey and Jimmy's entrance music and got a notification that sound_editor.exe was missing and now I can't run the program. I tried reinstalling and i get the same message when I try to launch after install. Anyone have any advice?

Edited by senorcyborg

Yes, Windows Defender deleted them because it detected a virus or other issues. I've been having this problem more often lately, regardless of SE. Defender is pretty strict about this, especially when it comes to programs that make changes to file code, which SE is one of. The only thing that helps is to put the folder or program on the whitelist, otherwise Defender will delete it again and again. Add SE as an exception should help.

Edited by TheVisitorX
  • Like 1

@TheVisitorXUnfortunately, the problem still persists. I'm not sure if you can see the image I have linked. But this the error. I'm using Windows 10 if that's any help? 

image.png

UPDATE: I have managed to get this working. Turns out the installation file was being blocked and I had to unblock it in properties. Picture below attached isn't of my experience but how I actually fixed it. This is how I fixed this issue:

• Highlighted File and selected Properties
  • Selected General tab.
  • Clicked on Unblock
  • Applied Changes and Pressed Ok.
  • Added the Installation to Anti-Virus exceptions and ran installation.
  • Added Sound Editor.exe to exceptions and was able to operate normally.

unblock-checkbox1.jpg?q=50&fit=crop&w=15

Edited by Fatal_Bliss
Fixed Problem
  • Like 1

Maybe it's because I updated the setup tool recently. However, this message doesn't appear for me and I also use Windows 10. Pretty strange. I find it very strange that SE is suddenly blocked, because I haven't changed anything in the bytecode except for the implementation of the settings. 

Edited by TheVisitorX

Sound editor just shows up blank whenever itry to boot it up now, it shows that the exe is open however the program is just transparent and nothing appears, i tried reinstalling but still the same issue as well as loading with admin and turning off my virus protection, what's going on?

Sound editor just shows up blank whenever itry to boot it up now, it shows that the exe is open however the program is just transparent and nothing appears, i tried reinstalling but still the same issue as well as loading with admin and turning off my virus protection, what's going on?