me man

Hey big shutout for the great work but I am facing a little problem, I am changing the value 01 to 0 to make any male char a female one but its not working.. what i am doing wrong?? I am exactly following the same method as I did in wwe 2k22 ... Also if anyone have a working cheat table for wwe 2k23 please share the link . Thanks

21 hours ago, me man said:

Thanks @SYCOGRIM07 for splitting that up and sharing.

I honestly don't know anything about how to find pointers, or really how to use cheat engine very well. I know there's a lot of things I could do if I could make a table say using offsets, then search for an array (slot 100 - rock) and load everything from where that array is found. If I could do that, I could make a really nice table.

@KasumiIt probably could by someone more capable with cheatengine. If I could tell it, search for the rock's start, and load the it from there it would work like that. Maybe it's simple, maybe not, I just don't know cheatengine that well.

How do you load the trimmed .pofo with unlocked superstars? Like what do I press in CheatEngine.

NVM, figured out in CE menu. Just have to add start address manually.

Edited by Kasumi
  • Like 1

I am trying to help and currently only able to find the address by seeing the ones you guys have posted here. I really appreciate that, I know the address from last year are close but when I search I never find the actually address. I was trying to open the CEM file but not sure how to open that. I have cheat engine version 7.5 i only just started using this last year do I need a different version of cheat engine to open a cem file I am totally lost on opening that file

Welcome!

Two separate things here.  "to find the address" you can search for parts of old pofo's as discussed earlier on in this thread, and you may get lucky, but you usually shouldn't have to anymore. Between the ID list, (still outdated, but mostly accurate) and the individualized pofo files, you should be able to find most superstars.

Understanding that each character has a chunk of memory that describes their characteristics, and that these memory addresses are sequential, this section of memory can be saved out of the game. That's what the "super pofo"s are, in all three forms. It is hex data. The .CEM file is cheatengine's format, and it puts a header in front of the data, that tells it it's a cheatengine memory file, but it's kind of useless, since you can just start the file with the data, and tell cheatengine to load it, only you have to change the file type in the "open" dialog box from  .CEM files to any filetype. After editing, I just saved the blocks of data. thats why the other two have no file extension, just raw data. The first file I posted, the .CEM file includes the cheatengine header and the caw data area, which starts with zeros. It's usually better to use the other, and keep your caws intact.

You would open either in a hex editor like HxD to view or edit it, and you can create or load either with cheatengine.

In this case, you would poke around with a hex editor, or you would load them into memory at the addresses they came from, or to change a "universe". The start for the first one is the start of the pofo data, the caw data, slot 0. The start of the other two are at the start of the superstar data, which starts at slot 100, The Rock.

Thank you for you help. I have been able to decipher the file and now have hex editor to help me with it. I feel proud of my self I found my first characters.

Dana Brooke

70 02 32 01 70 02 63 0D 00 00 5E E7 B0 E5 7F CA 85 14 B8 A8 12 F0 76 32 DC 3C A9 5E 43 19 69 77 02 64 01 00 00 00 01 01 00 04

Nikki A.S.H

BA 02 7D 0C 00 00 9C E0 C9 01 9C E0 C9 01 9C E0 C9 01 9C E0 C9 01 9C E0 C9 01 FD F5 E4 05 01

Edited by dgo2man
  • Like 1
  • Yes! 1

9 hours ago, me man said:

Glad to see you got it done.

Also, the id list was from last year, but was still pretty accurate. I made a new one for 2k23. https://drive.google.com/file/d/11dTewNf8H5ruWH7Ifbqw-4XqMMvjSiIK/view

Good now I can properly order and combine the offsets into a file... someone here should do the Google sheet thingy too.

On 3/24/2023 at 5:04 AM, dgo2man said:

I am trying to help and currently only able to find the address by seeing the ones you guys have posted here. I really appreciate that, I know the address from last year are close but when I search I never find the actually address. I was trying to open the CEM file but not sure how to open that. I have cheat engine version 7.5 i only just started using this last year do I need a different version of cheat engine to open a cem file I am totally lost on opening that file

To open .cem for viewing, I use HxD. You can use any HEX editor. It's actually how I found most values, just starting with the Stone Cold Steve Austin and going down to find 01 00 00 00 pattern in next items. Now it's easier with properly mapped and split file and character numbers but when we were blind it was really just opening up the master .pofo in a hex editor and searching (make sure to change decimal to hexadecimal in search bar) for values. Doing it directly in Cheat Engine is slower because it scans entire game memory and not just the part you need.

Edited by Kasumi
cowabunga
  • Like 1

Is there a way to find created wrestlers pofo too. Does it follow the same format as the other wrestlers. I see the sheet made by #me man, and I noticed the blank data forms are those the created wrestlers IDs.

Edited by dgo2man

8 hours ago, dgo2man said:

Is there a way to find created wrestlers pofo too. Does it follow the same format as the other wrestlers. I see the sheet made by #me man, and I noticed the blank data forms are those the created wrestlers IDs.

Yes, they use pofo data as well, they start at slot 0 then 1, then 2, etc. Of course searching for the data at the front of the pofo I posted won't work once you've created a superstar or alternate attire, since doing so changes the data.

Given that the Rock is slot 100, and each slot is 712 bytes, the first caw slow begins 71200 bytes before the Rock. So if you find him then subtract 71200, which is 11620 in hex, from the start address of the Rock, and that is where slot 0 starts.

No, those slots at the end of the ID list are not your caw and alt attire slots. These may be reserved for DLC, but I'm not sure, but If unlocked they show up at the end of the selectable superstars (in alphabetical order) all named "-". Created data slots are from 0-99.

On 3/23/2023 at 3:24 AM, Kasumi said:

How do you load the trimmed .pofo with unlocked superstars? Like what do I press in CheatEngine.

NVM, figured out in CE menu. Just have to add start address manually.

can you explain what that mean? i loaded the cem but i have no idea what you mean

2 hours ago, bushysowavvey said:

can you explain what that mean? i loaded the cem but i have no idea what you mean

Okay, explanation. So I was playing the Showcase, and somehow screwed things up majorly... not the first time for me, I had Maria Kanellis drop on floor and twitch and crash the game in 2k20 until I copy-pasted her default stats. Anyway, this time it was Edge, the young version. Somehow I set him as female early on while changing random 0s to 1s trying to figure out things without setting up another motherboard explosion (hopefully). SO Cena refused to hit him. Made it easy to play, BUT then he got full bar of finish or signature, or actually defended and that made him disqualified... I could not complete stage. Without completing it I couldn't unlock young Edge, and without him unlocked I couldn't find his offsets to set back. Sooooooooooooooooo me, in her great genius, decided to wing it... like always. I went to this topic. Updated OP had this thingy:

Pofo trimmed to superstars only, with all characters unlocked- https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uxHB2ytp_E2WzrHcoaFg9wuz6vjytWqE/view

It links to a .cem file. I don't have a slightest idea what it be. Open it in Hex editor like some dumb witch or something... it shows offsets, same as CheatEngine. So I try to import them... but I have NO clue how!!! So I keep pressing random buttons. Like, all of them... right, so there;s NO button saying "import the CEM thingy", no sir! Instead, I decided to search for .pofo start and the Rock's bussy. I look up 64 00 64 00 1A 01 00 10 00 00 C6 24 9F of something, and it loads at same spot. I ctrl-c then ctrl-v the offsets for entire everyone master pofo thing I copied form HxD manually... of course the game crashes. My computer doesn't blow up or BSOD, which is very progressive and a new experience for me. Henceforth (always wanted to use that werd), I reload CE, search for the most electrifying people's offsets, and press more buttons, in random order... police isn't at the door, so far so good. I dind't break city's water supply or soemthing.

Anb lo and behold, I got a hunch: one of many menus I randomply pressed onto had a .cem file type to load. Curiouser and curiouser, I press File > Load Memory Region that sound NOTHING like "insert the CEM thingy here biatch" I searched for. BUT, it actually sees the familiar three letters and not teh ones you think... NOW, I clicky the thing that me man upped, and it doesn't throw up errors in my face like usually! So we are warm here, getting there. A LOT of zeroes, tons of them. Meny with 100500 values to edit and I just decide to wing it and manually type literally the first numbers I see on screen, which is teh Rocky the Dwayne Johnson's number at the Smackdown hotel (Jabroni drive, Noob's crossing), being... lemme see, 25D4D26A4D2. ENTER. Works! O_o > moi.

tl;dr:

1. Download the CEM thing, marvel on not knowing how to use it.

2. Array of bytes, search for what 64 00 64 00 1A 01 00 10 00 00 C6 24 9F 71 E7 09 is cooking. Browse it like boss.

3. File > Load memory region. PICK THE FILE you downloaded for no reason.

4. 25D4D26A4D2, say it. Now three times as fast. Enter.

5. Woo! Edge is no longer wiggling his butt like Ricky Martin. Beth is a happy panda.

6. Complete the f^&*( %$n showcase. You ACTUALLY can't see the f^&*r.

7. Burn-out for a week because it was long, tedious, and you want eclairs for your coffee but need to take cat to vet and she screaming like mad.

8. Breathe. (optional)

P.S.  this process also unlocks ALL NPCs, including crashy ones, but only until you reboot the game they now gone. It may or may not summon a Youma, I am not responsible for damaged done to emvir-anviron-envirmo- the things around, by Senshi fighting them back.

Edited by Kasumi

So, question.  If someone wanted to edit height/gender/name, would it be better to do it via the pofo, or wait until the Data Editor is  made? No pressure on anyone, just wondering. 

Ps: Via the pofo/data editor, will it be possible to "unlock" hidden characters?

Edited by Scyfi1985

On 3/27/2023 at 11:02 PM, Scyfi1985 said:

So, question.  If someone wanted to edit height/gender/name, would it be better to do it via the pofo, or wait until the Data Editor is  made? No pressure on anyone, just wondering. 

Ps: Via the pofo/data editor, will it be possible to "unlock" hidden characters?

You can't edit name with .pofo if this game is anything like 2k22, the pofo only references the slot, which reads the name from another file.

Gender and unlock status - easily. The offsets posted before help. 01 00 00 00 01 pattern from above, that's it. First "one" is an unlocked character, unplayables have 00 or 02, managers 03. Change that to 1, that's it. For gender the second 01 means female, at 00 it's male, so a male manager would have 03 00 00 00 00, change that to 01 00 00 00 01 and Paul Heyman can compete for Divas championship. Similarly, can make Michael Cole playable so he can finally lose his Wrestlemania streak to Bayley. As it should be.

Height is SLIGHTLY more different as it has more complex values than 00-03, and last time it was THE first hexes after name/slot, which are 00 to 05, first six pairs in individual pofos listed above by multiple people. It was the easiest thing to change TBH, just find a table where each height corresponds to . Other values are things like hometown, call name, commentary value and they're also changeable, you can see several people (WhatsTheStatus and WorldsFinest) uploading CAWs with hidden chants, trons and stuff used, they edit it same way I make Becky bleed. Changing a value in these things. They probably remember what it took in 2k22 and go from there.

On 3/31/2023 at 9:48 PM, Kasumi said:

You can't edit name with .pofo if this game is anything like 2k22, the pofo only references the slot, which reads the name from another file.

Gender and unlock status - easily. The offsets posted before help. 01 00 00 00 01 pattern from above, that's it. First "one" is an unlocked character, unplayables have 00 or 02, managers 03. Change that to 1, that's it. For gender the second 01 means female, at 00 it's male, so a male manager would have 03 00 00 00 00, change that to 01 00 00 00 01 and Paul Heyman can compete for Divas championship. Similarly, can make Michael Cole playable so he can finally lose his Wrestlemania streak to Bayley. As it should be.

Height is SLIGHTLY more different as it has more complex values than 00-03, and last time it was THE first hexes after name/slot, which are 00 to 05, first six pairs in individual pofos listed above by multiple people. It was the easiest thing to change TBH, just find a table where each height corresponds to . Other values are things like hometown, call name, commentary value and they're also changeable, you can see several people (WhatsTheStatus and WorldsFinest) uploading CAWs with hidden chants, trons and stuff used, they edit it same way I make Becky bleed. Changing a value in these things. They probably remember what it took in 2k22 and go from there.

One question, I am so sorry for not thinking of this until recently, is that with Caketools, or another program that was used for 2k22??

Edited by Scyfi1985

On 4/2/2023 at 8:38 AM, Scyfi1985 said:

One question, I am so sorry for not thinking of this until recently, is that with Caketools, or another program that was used for 2k22??

I only used CheatEngine in 2k23 so far, also a hex editor for finding offsets in Super .pofo.

I will try to edit and upload a tutorial, but really I am just winging it. xD

Ok, I think I got it! I have seen how you search for the numbers to edit the pofo I think, but how do I open the pofo before using CheatEngine so I know who wrestler wise to look/search for? Where do I find a hex editor?

Edited by Scyfi1985

Great work here from the community. I can successfully change a superstar gender or unlock them using cheat engine. But next time I load the game the changes haven’t saved. Can anyone tell me how to keep the changes when you close the game?

On 4/9/2023 at 1:06 PM, Scyfi1985 said:

Ok, I think I got it! I have seen how you search for the numbers to edit the pofo I think, but how do I open the pofo before using CheatEngine so I know who wrestler wise to look/search for? Where do I find a hex editor?

Open the pofo file with a hex editor. "HxD" is a good free one. It's easiest to use the individualized  pofo files, open them in HxD, copy the first 20 bytes or so. Go to cheatengine, change "value type" to "array of bytes", paste it in and you'll find it.

On 4/10/2023 at 1:54 PM, theunknownone619 said:

Great work here from the community. I can successfully change a superstar gender or unlock them using cheat engine. But next time I load the game the changes haven’t saved. Can anyone tell me how to keep the changes when you close the game?

The unlocks will revert back. To retain gender swaps, swap it, then go to superstars and edit attributes, change something and save. I think it asks if you want to "save changes" or "change everything", choose "save everything" and it should hold.

The pofo has been just about completely mapped out by user nyan4krunex. He's mapped out the move-set as well.

His findings are on the main 2k23 data thread:

Ty so much! I was curious which is a good program to use, and now I think know how to do it! Should we just wait until the data analysis is done?

Edited by Scyfi1985

The data analysis for the pofo and moveset is basically done. If you mean a tool like data editor, obviously that would be easier, but it may be awhile. If you're interested in doing it manually, I'd say go ahead and try it. It doesn't hurt to backup your save file first. Also I don't know if it's safe to play online with such mods or not.

11 hours ago, me man said:

The data analysis for the pofo and moveset is basically done. If you mean a tool like data editor, obviously that would be easier, but it may be awhile. If you're interested in doing it manually, I'd say go ahead and try it. It doesn't hurt to backup your save file first. Also I don't know if it's safe to play online with such mods or not.

Awesome and amazing work everyone! A question, do you think they found/will find the thing you have to alter for gender in the universe mode?

Edited by Scyfi1985

13 hours ago, me man said:

A question if I may. When one downloads the pofos, what program do they use. i looked at the wwe2k23 id list, but it was missing the showcase/unlockable characters?

23 hours ago, Scyfi1985 said:

A question if I may. When one downloads the pofos, what program do they use. i looked at the wwe2k23 id list, but it was missing the showcase/unlockable characters?

Glad to see you've made some progress. You need a hex editor to be able to read the pofo files. "HxD" is a free option that I use.

That ID list I made is not complete. I just flipped everyone's byte 34 to playable and scrolled through all superstars, writing the id from cheatengine. I think I changed byte 35 for everyone and got a few more but haven't posted that list or done anything with it. I don't know if the showcase characters are there or not. I'd think they have regular slots, but cannot be sure. Bytes 36-37 or 39 could be relevant too, I'm not sure.

6 hours ago, me man said:

Glad to see you've made some progress. You need a hex editor to be able to read the pofo files. "HxD" is a free option that I use.

That ID list I made is not complete. I just flipped everyone's byte 34 to playable and scrolled through all superstars, writing the id from cheatengine. I think I changed byte 35 for everyone and got a few more but haven't posted that list or done anything with it. I don't know if the showcase characters are there or not. I'd think they have regular slots, but cannot be sure. Bytes 36-37 or 39 could be relevant too, I'm not sure.

I got it all to work with a combo of the pofo list here and one from another site. Gender modifying is possible for universe, as is saving it. One thing that appear I think to be the same from last year is that managers, even saved only for universe, do not stay unlocked. I am guessing there is no way to fix this?