me man

I did a little research on the 'Static Addresses' and found out what they use them for

they are used for storing the default values, So if you modify these addresses then that will be

what ever superstar that belongs to default pofo 01 I know there is one for the pofo 02 (Moveset/Entrance stuff)

I will try and find those pofos.

On 3/31/2023 at 9:48 PM, Kasumi said:

You can't edit name with .pofo if this game is anything like 2k22, the pofo only references the slot, which reads the name from another file.

Gender and unlock status - easily. The offsets posted before help. 01 00 00 00 01 pattern from above, that's it. First "one" is an unlocked character, unplayables have 00 or 02, managers 03. Change that to 1, that's it. For gender the second 01 means female, at 00 it's male, so a male manager would have 03 00 00 00 00, change that to 01 00 00 00 01 and Paul Heyman can compete for Divas championship. Similarly, can make Michael Cole playable so he can finally lose his Wrestlemania streak to Bayley. As it should be.

Height is SLIGHTLY more different as it has more complex values than 00-03, and last time it was THE first hexes after name/slot, which are 00 to 05, first six pairs in individual pofos listed above by multiple people. It was the easiest thing to change TBH, just find a table where each height corresponds to . Other values are things like hometown, call name, commentary value and they're also changeable, you can see several people (WhatsTheStatus and WorldsFinest) uploading CAWs with hidden chants, trons and stuff used, they edit it same way I make Becky bleed. Changing a value in these things. They probably remember what it took in 2k22 and go from there.

How do you change weight class using this?  Just want to make Roxanne Perez do an F5 on Brock Lesnar. :)

44 = Weight Class

From 2k20's pofo breakdown, (most likely the same)

00 = Featherweight, 01 = Cruiserweight, 02 = Light Heavyweight, 03 = Heavyweight, 04 = Super Heavyweight

I'm glad to have helped some people learn some basic memory messing, and glad to to see a few people learn something.

Now a tool has been released that will likely lower interest in this thread, seeing as how it acheives what seems to be many's motivation for figuring out how to edit memory.

I've tried it out once, and as the page states it allows M vs F matches at will, with no problems, correct commentary, targeting, etc. all by checking three boxes.

Hats off to Dirty Cheater!

4 hours ago, me man said:

From 2k20's pofo breakdown, (most likely the same)

00 = Featherweight, 01 = Cruiserweight, 02 = Light Heavyweight, 03 = Heavyweight, 04 = Super Heavyweight

I'm glad to have helped some people learn some basic memory messing, and glad to to see a few people learn something.

Now a tool has been released that will likely lower interest in this thread, seeing as how it acheives what seems to be many's motivation for figuring out how to edit memory.

I've tried it out once, and as the page states it allows M vs F matches at will, with no problems, correct commentary, targeting, etc. all by checking three boxes.

Hats off to Dirty Cheater!

Thanks for the shout out.  Glad some people have taken an interest in my little project.

Also just a quick weight class note, in my brief 2k23 testing it seems they still have a hidden max weight class that went unused and in the past games was called "Ultra Heavyweight" but now simply is blank (no name) when you switch to it.

Off the top of my head, I think...

• setting the weight class byte to 03 = Super Heavyweight
  • and setting it to 04 = Ultra Heavyweight (but the weight class name is shown as blank)

...and when you set somebody to the 04 weight class, even the heavyweights and super heavyweights seem to have trouble throwing them around!

If I remember right, several years back it was Andre the Giant that had this max "ultra" weight class and then for several years it was like they forgot all about that weight class even though it's still in a lot of the games.  In fact, some years it's hidden but STILL has its correct name instead of being blank when you switch to it with Cheat Engine! 

Funny side note:  The 2k journey through their left over coding in wrestling games from year to year is actually quite fascinating when you start digging into things!  There were even some years where the Special Referee match was still in the game coding but just NOT available as a playable match! (but if you used Cheat Engine you could force it to work and even the announcer would say special referee match! So the whole match WAS actually there! LOL)  That old 40 Man Royal Rumble they had one year also remained in the programming in later years if you knew how to activate it with Cheat Engine.

Edited by Dirty Cheater
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Dirty Cheater said:

Thanks for the shout out.  Glad some people have taken an interest in my little project.

Also just a quick weight class note, in my brief 2k23 testing it seems they still have a hidden max weight class that went unused and in the past games was called "Ultra Heavyweight" but now simply is blank (no name) when you switch to it.

Off the top of my head, I think...

• setting the weight class byte to 03 = Super Heavyweight
  • and setting it to 04 = Ultra Heavyweight (but the weight class name is shown as blank)

...and when you set somebody to the 04 weight class, even the heavyweights and super heavyweights seem to have trouble throwing them around!

If I remember right, several years back it was Andre the Giant that had this max "ultra" weight class and then for several years it was like they forgot all about that weight class even though it's still in a lot of the games.  In fact, some years it's hidden but STILL has its correct name instead of being blank when you switch to it with Cheat Engine! 

Funny side note:  The 2k journey through their left over coding in wrestling games from year to year is actually quite fascinating when you start digging into things!  There were even some years where the Special Referee match was still in the game coding but just NOT available as a playable match! (but if you used Cheat Engine you could force it to work and even the announcer would say special referee match! So the whole match WAS actually there! LOL)  That old 40 Man Royal Rumble they had one year also remained in the programming in later years if you knew how to activate it with Cheat Engine.

Thanks guys appreciate it. So do I just use the AOB's and search for weight class the same way I was able to change genders? It was easy for me to find the Gender byte, not sure what I should look for weight class. Do I just look for these?

14 hours ago, brethbk69 said:

Thanks guys appreciate it. So do I just use the AOB's and search for weight class the same way I was able to change genders? It was easy for me to find the Gender byte, not sure what I should look for weight class. Do I just look for these?

I believe this page has the correct bytes for each category.  If you were able to find and change gender bytes after searching for the AOBs then this page should help you know which bytes to look for: https://smacktalks.org/wiki/index.php/WWE_2K23_POFO_Breakdown  

Off the top of my head I think you only need to change byte 44, and you will want to use this list for reference (updated for 2k23) to decide what value to change it to:
00 = Cruiser
01 = Light Heavyweight
02 = Heavyweight
03 = Super Heavyweight
04 = ULTRA Heavyweight
(Hidden maximum weight class, but it will have a blank name and sometimes on some roster lists as you scroll through characters it might mistakenly show up as the wrong weight class instead of being blank, but don't worry if that happens, it still works)

Edited by Dirty Cheater

1 hour ago, Dirty Cheater said:

I believe this page has the correct bytes for each category.  If you were able to find and change gender bytes after searching for the AOBs then this page should help you know which bytes to look for: https://smacktalks.org/wiki/index.php/WWE_2K23_POFO_Breakdown  

Off the top of my head I think you only need to change byte 44, and you will want to use this list for reference (updated for 2k23) to decide what value to change it to:
00 = Cruiser
01 = Light Heavyweight
02 = Heavyweight
03 = Super Heavyweight
04 = ULTRA Heavyweight
(Hidden maximum weight class, but it will have a blank name and sometimes on some roster lists as you scroll through characters it might mistakenly show up as the wrong weight class instead of being blank, but don't worry if that happens, it still works)

Thank you, I will try this out later today :)

On 4/18/2023 at 1:42 AM, Dirty Cheater said:

The 2k journey through their left over coding in wrestling games from year to year is actually quite fascinating when you start digging into things!

It definitely is. I was surprised how much stuff is just left in there. I know I only ever noticed a fraction of it too.

2 hours ago, brethbk69 said:

Thank you, I will try this out later today :)

Hey, I made a cheat engine script to make changing weight class WAY easier!  I'll post it here, and later I'll probably include it in one of my larger scripts.  Anyway, just copy the code and save it as a .ct file and it should work fine.

How to use:  Just go into a normal exhibition and highlight any character.  In cheat engine, check the box that says "Activate WeightClass Reader" and then a couple seconds later right under that will be the Weight Class of the character you're currently highlighting.  Back in the game you can scroll up and down to look at different characters, and the value will update in real-time to show you the current weight class of whoever you look at.

When you want to change somebody's weight class, simply double click their weight class VALUE (shown on the right side of that "weight class" line) and a dropdown menu will pop up.  Select the new weight class from the dropdown and click OK, and you should instantly see their weight class update IN THE GAME right by their name!  (If you don't see their weight class change in the game instantly after clicking OK, something went wrong and you should close the game without saving it)

You can continue through the whole list if you want, and change each person one by one like this.

To guarantee it saves, after you're done changing values for everybody, go into the roster options and just choose any wrestler to make any small change on and save it (save ALL SETTINGS).

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<CheatTable NBTableVersion="45">
  <CheatEntries>
    <CheatEntry>
      <ID>595</ID>
      <Description>"Activate Weight Class Reader"</Description>
      <VariableType>Auto Assembler Script</VariableType>
      <AssemblerScript>define(address,"WWE2K23_x64.exe"+106997D)
define(bytes,0F B6 50 2E EB 05)

[ENABLE]
assert(address,bytes)
alloc(newmem,$1000,"WWE2K23_x64.exe"+106997D)
label(code)
label(return)
alloc(wc,8)
registersymbol(wc)

newmem:
mov [wc],rax

code:
  movzx edx,byte ptr [rax+2E]
  jmp WWE2K23_x64.exe+1069988
  jmp return

address:
  jmp newmem
  nop
return:

[DISABLE]
address:
  db bytes

dealloc(newmem)
dealloc(wc)
unregistersymbol(wc)

</AssemblerScript>
    </CheatEntry>
    <CheatEntry>
      <ID>596</ID>
      <Description>"Weight Class"</Description>
      <DropDownList DisplayValueAsItem="1">0:Cruiser
1:Light Heavy
2:Heavyweight
3:Super Heavy
4:ULTRA Heavy(FYI: hidden/blank name)
</DropDownList>
      <ShowAsSigned>0</ShowAsSigned>
      <VariableType>Byte</VariableType>
      <Address>wc</Address>
      <Offsets>
        <Offset>2e</Offset>
      </Offsets>
      <CheatEntries>
        <CheatEntry>
          <ID>597</ID>
          <Description>"Double Click the "value" on the right side and use the dropdown to select new WeightClass"</Description>
          <Color>0000EA</Color>
          <GroupHeader>1</GroupHeader>
        </CheatEntry>
      </CheatEntries>
    </CheatEntry>
  </CheatEntries>
  <UserdefinedSymbols/>
</CheatTable>

Edited by Dirty Cheater
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Dirty Cheater said:

Hey, I made a cheat engine script to make changing weight class WAY easier!  I'll post it here, and later I'll probably include it in one of my larger scripts.  Anyway, just copy the code and save it as a .ct file and it should work fine.

How to use:  Just go into a normal exhibition and highlight any character.  In cheat engine, check the box that says "Activate WeightClass Reader" and then a couple seconds later right under that will be the Weight Class of the character you're currently highlighting.  Back in the game you can scroll up and down to look at different characters, and the value will update in real-time to show you the current weight class of whoever you look at.

When you want to change somebody's weight class, simply double click their weight class VALUE (shown on the right side of that "weight class" line) and a dropdown menu will pop up.  Select the new weight class from the dropdown and click OK, and you should instantly see their weight class update IN THE GAME right by their name!  (If you don't see their weight class change in the game instantly after clicking OK, something went wrong and you should close the game without saving it)

You can continue through the whole list if you want, and change each person one by one like this.

To guarantee it saves, after you're done changing values for everybody, go into the roster options and just choose any wrestler to make any small change on and save it (save ALL SETTINGS).

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<CheatTable NBTableVersion="45">
  <CheatEntries>
    <CheatEntry>
      <ID>595</ID>
      <Description>"Activate Weight Class Reader"</Description>
      <VariableType>Auto Assembler Script</VariableType>
      <AssemblerScript>define(address,"WWE2K23_x64.exe"+106997D)
define(bytes,0F B6 50 2E EB 05)

[ENABLE]
assert(address,bytes)
alloc(newmem,$1000,"WWE2K23_x64.exe"+106997D)
label(code)
label(return)
alloc(wc,8)
registersymbol(wc)

newmem:
mov [wc],rax

code:
  movzx edx,byte ptr [rax+2E]
  jmp WWE2K23_x64.exe+1069988
  jmp return

address:
  jmp newmem
  nop
return:

[DISABLE]
address:
  db bytes

dealloc(newmem)
dealloc(wc)
unregistersymbol(wc)

</AssemblerScript>
    </CheatEntry>
    <CheatEntry>
      <ID>596</ID>
      <Description>"Weight Class"</Description>
      <DropDownList DisplayValueAsItem="1">0:Cruiser
1:Light Heavy
2:Heavyweight
3:Super Heavy
4:ULTRA Heavy(FYI: hidden/blank name)
</DropDownList>
      <ShowAsSigned>0</ShowAsSigned>
      <VariableType>Byte</VariableType>
      <Address>wc</Address>
      <Offsets>
        <Offset>2e</Offset>
      </Offsets>
      <CheatEntries>
        <CheatEntry>
          <ID>597</ID>
          <Description>"Double Click the "value" on the right side and use the dropdown to select new WeightClass"</Description>
          <Color>0000EA</Color>
          <GroupHeader>1</GroupHeader>
        </CheatEntry>
      </CheatEntries>
    </CheatEntry>
  </CheatEntries>
  <UserdefinedSymbols/>
</CheatTable>

Hey there, wow this is great. I just tested it out, I chose the process, went into character selection on exhibition mode , then when I tried to click to Activate WeightClass Reader, It wouldn't check off.  I'm still on v.1.05 maybe that's it? I haven't updated it yet because I tested out your other tool successfully yesterday.

Edited by brethbk69

57 minutes ago, brethbk69 said:

Hey there, wow this is great. I just tested it out, I chose the process, went into character selection on exhibition mode , then when I tried to click to Activate WeightClass Reader, It wouldn't check off.  I'm still on v.1.05 maybe that's it? I haven't updated it yet because I tested out your other tool successfully yesterday.

Correct, the weight class changer is for the new patch 1.08.  I'll have the updated male vs female script for 1.08 posted sometimes soon as well. 

45 minutes ago, Dirty Cheater said:

Correct, the weight class changer is for the new patch 1.08.  I'll have the updated male vs female script for 1.08 posted sometimes soon as well. 

Thank you for confirming, I will update and test out the tool in a bit.

16 hours ago, brethbk69 said:

Thank you for confirming, I will update and test out the tool in a bit.

Tested it last night and I was able to change the weight class in real time for Roxanne to heavyweight and then later to super heavyweight. Interesting note though is she was not able to power bomb Roman or Brock , but was able to do it on Becky. LOL. I do have Roxanne set as male. I will do more testing today. Thanks again for your efforts on this!

That's pretty good progress to make two tools in such a short time. It looks like someone knows whats they're doing around here. There's probably more interest in the first one than there appears to be, as a lot of people don't comment, just grab, and go.

3 hours ago, brethbk69 said:

Tested it last night and I was able to change the weight class in real time for Roxanne to heavyweight and then later to super heavyweight. Interesting note though is she was not able to power bomb Roman or Brock , but was able to do it on Becky. LOL. I do have Roxanne set as male. I will do more testing today. Thanks again for your efforts on this!

I'm not sure but I would expect changing a superstar to heavy would make THEM harder to pick up or throw around, but maybe not make them necessarily able to lift large people unless their strength attributes are high enough.

23 hours ago, brethbk69 said:

I haven't encountered that issue yet but I will keep an eye out.  It might be related to the issue the quote below is hypothesizing but I don't actually play the game enough to really know off the top of my head if those other stats will affect pick-up ability.  I'm more into coding than actually playing which is why you guys will be such a great help as you hopefully continue to test my script updates and many new additions coming in the next few weeks.

20 hours ago, me man said:

That's pretty good progress to make two tools in such a short time. It looks like someone knows whats they're doing around here. There's probably more interest in the first one than there appears to be, as a lot of people don't comment, just grab, and go.

I'm not sure but I would expect changing a superstar to heavy would make THEM harder to pick up or throw around, but maybe not make them necessarily able to lift large people unless their strength attributes are high enough.

Thank you for the compliment.  I have a lot more in the works than I've mentioned, so keep an eye out for some crazy surprises soon too!  If I end up getting enough people interested in my scripts and helping me test/troubleshoot while I keep uploading them, I will also start taking requests for custom options as well as fixes for things the devs leave broken.

And yeah, I'm more into coding than playing.  Playing the game itself is somehow less fun than figuring out new cheats and figuring out "fixes" for things the devs leave broken, etc... that stuff is usually my specialty in many games.  I think the game I've had the most fun with doing custom scripts is Friday The 13th (btw, I definitely recommend the F13 pc game to anyone that hasn't played it!), but the WWE games are always fun as well. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Im terrible sorry if im in the wrong place, ive Just started toying with mods and files in wwe2k23 for my caws and I want my female caw to be able to participate in matches with males. From what I read im understanding that in order to do that you need to change a value in the pofo file. Could someone walk me through that process for a CAW if it's not too much work

4 hours ago, NickRock said:

Im terrible sorry if im in the wrong place, ive Just started toying with mods and files in wwe2k23 for my caws and I want my female caw to be able to participate in matches with males. From what I read im understanding that in order to do that you need to change a value in the pofo file. Could someone walk me through that process for a CAW if it's not too much work

Well, the pofo is the wrestler's datasheet so to speak, so you can edit their data, including their gender, and they then compete with that gender. It doesn't work well with caws though. they distort.

Two weeks ago, I would have suggested that you'd fave to flip the males to female t do the matches. However a tool was released which allows you to do this. I mentioned this tool a little ways up the page.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, me man said:

Well, the pofo is the wrestler's datasheet so to speak, so you can edit their data, including their gender, and they then compete with that gender. It doesn't work well with caws though. they distort.

Two weeks ago, I would have suggested that you'd fave to flip the males to female t do the matches. However a tool was released which allows you to do this. I mentioned this tool a little ways up the page.

Thank you so much for the info, i ll be sure to look into the tool mentioned above

On 3/16/2023 at 10:17 AM, me man said:

Superstar pofo data seperated into slots, one file for each superstar - https://www.mediafire.com/file/7n3t2ibvd5a5dpq/WWE_2K23_(Pofos).rar/fileThanks @SYCOGRIM07

Hey, so I installed BlindedByTheGrace's placeholder mod into 2k23, and there are ports of some cut characters (Keith Lee, Toni Storm, Naomi, Sasha etc.), I have two problems now:

1. I don't have .pofos for characters in the 2k22. I know I can just find header in CheatEngine, but I have no idea how many lines and symbols I should copy-paste. How do I even measure specific amount? I would be really cool if someone already made separated files from SuperPofo like me man did at the top post here for 2k23. Does a thing like I quoted above exist for 2k22?

2. Sasha Banks doesn't seem to appear in select screen. Her pofo is left in the game (just slot left unused) and while other hidden characters appear now, she's the only one who doesn't. I dunno why. I tried manually copy-pasting her pofo from PWM discord and nothing, I would probably have better luck asking there though. Just leaving it here as well.

Edit: don't bother wasting time on my problems they will be fixed through PWM Discord probably. Still, if someone already has split .pofos from 2k22, it would be nice having them as they're useful for a starting point on modded characters.

Edited by Kasumi

On 5/3/2023 at 10:52 AM, Kasumi said:

Hey, so I installed BlindedByTheGrace's placeholder mod into 2k23, and there are ports of some cut characters (Keith Lee, Toni Storm, Naomi, Sasha etc.), I have two problems now:

1. I don't have .pofos for characters in the 2k22. I know I can just find header in CheatEngine, but I have no idea how many lines and symbols I should copy-paste. How do I even measure specific amount? I would be really cool if someone already made separated files from SuperPofo like me man did at the top post here for 2k23. Does a thing like I quoted above exist for 2k22?

2. Sasha Banks doesn't seem to appear in select screen. Her pofo is left in the game (just slot left unused) and while other hidden characters appear now, she's the only one who doesn't. I dunno why. I tried manually copy-pasting her pofo from PWM discord and nothing, I would probably have better luck asking there though. Just leaving it here as well.

Edit: don't bother wasting time on my problems they will be fixed through PWM Discord probably. Still, if someone already has split .pofos from 2k22, it would be nice having them as they're useful for a starting point on modded characters.

For 2k22, pofo is 672 bytes per superstar, so it would just be a matter of breaking the superpofo into chunks (0-671=100,   672-1343=101   1344-2015=102 etc.) Unfortunately I don't know how to do that automatically and manually would take some time. A forum member by the name of @SYCOGRIM07 contributed the split pofos for 2k23.

The formula for start byte for a given character for 2k22 within the superpofo, given that id#100 starts at 0, and each superstar's pofo is 672 bytes long is simply:

(x-100)672=y

where x= the character's Id

any y= the start byte, both in decimal

• Like 1

On 5/10/2023 at 5:21 AM, me man said:

For 2k22, pofo is 672 bytes per superstar, so it would just be a matter of breaking the superpofo into chunks (0-671=100,   672-1343=101   1344-2015=102 etc.) Unfortunately I don't know how to do that automatically and manually would take some time. A forum member by the name of @SYCOGRIM07 contributed the split pofos for 2k23.

The formula for start byte for a given character for 2k22 within the superpofo, given that id#100 starts at 0, and each superstar's pofo is 672 bytes long is simply:

(x-100)672=y

where x= the character's Id

any y= the start byte, both in decimal

Thanks! It is still a lot of numbers for a bimbo like me but it's theoretically doable now. I mean, I can just visually compare the length to be sure. I figured out the other part, Sasha was assigned to Zombie Sasha Banks slot, it was under Z.

It's amazing how much progress is in modding this game so early on, but it also made me completely burned out with tracking all updates, tools, mods, scripts, and then getting weird crashes or lags because mods aren't all optimized and I got low VRam.

• 2 weeks later...

Any chance of someone finding the Array of Bytes for Tiffany Stratton? I also play this game on the steam deck and since i can't use cheat engine, I will change her to male so she can dethrone the Tribal Chief :) Thanks in advanced. 

10 hours ago, brethbk69 said:

Any chance of someone finding the Array of Bytes for Tiffany Stratton? I also play this game on the steam deck and since i can't use cheat engine, I will change her to male so she can dethrone the Tribal Chief :) Thanks in advanced. 

I haven't updated so I haven't tried yet, but she was already in the pofo a few updates ago just hidden, and I found her ID as 1034 awhile ago. Looking at the pofo, I'd say try

0A 04 3A 02 0A 04 E0 0D

For 2k23, how would I go about finding the pofo for created superstars I downloaded?  Is there a list with AOB or addresses for the CAW slots?  I'm trying to investigate the bytes within CAW pofos to find one that makes a specific change but all I can find are AOB spreadsheets for normal superstars and not any CAW slots.

11 hours ago, Dirty Cheater said:

For 2k23, how would I go about finding the pofo for created superstars I downloaded?  Is there a list with AOB or addresses for the CAW slots?  I'm trying to investigate the bytes within CAW pofos to find one that makes a specific change but all I can find are AOB spreadsheets for normal superstars and not any CAW slots.

The CAW slots are 00-99. They seem to stay in their chronological order. Obviously, a lot of things will be different from one CAW to the next. I would Search for the Rock, slot 100, starting with array:  64 00 64 00 1A 01 00 10  You can then find slot 00, the first CAW slot, by subtracting 71200 bytes (11620 in hex) from the Rock's address.

• Corny 1