Success Editing Commentary/Audio in WWE2K14!!!

denbigh7

My dream has finally become a reality! For the longest time, I've wanted to be able to edit the audio in WWE2K14/Wresting Legends, but it seemed like a pipe dream. For one thing, we needed a very old version of WWise to make it happen. After much pleading, the incredible @stlpowercat was able to find and share with me some older versions of WWise. He also shared a spreasheet of audio file names which was an enormous help. Both he and @Red Rooster helped me walk through Hex editing and what it would take to get things edited. Though I didn't quite understand it, I kept at it. However, I wasn't finding success and was almost ready to give up. But last week, @justYn1893 contacted me and walked me through the process. I was finally able to get some audio edited!! 

Here's a quick link to check it out. You'll notice 2 things: The British Bulldog's call name is now appropiately called Davey Boy Smith (though I need to adjust the volume). And you'll hear Gorilla Monsoon call out a move a few different times in a match. I included it multiple times in the video to show that it's really in the game. Check it out!! 

https://streamable.com/6oky5r

I can't thank the members of this forum enough for their generous help in making this happen! You guys are incredible.

My plan is to continue to edit the commentary, creating an 80's throwback. I know, I know.....that seems crazy. There are literally thousands of commentary lines. But now that I know it can be done, I'm inspired. As I start making progress with this mod, I'll gladly share my sound file with the forum. Keep in mind, this sound file is the Wrestling Legends audio file, so it has already been modified quite a bit in order to fit the roster that the creators of WL put in the game. If you play the vanilla WWE2K14 game, the call names won't be correct for you. 

At some point, I may also try to make a tutorial video on how to edit the audio, as I think seeing the process would be much easier for others to figure out as opposed to a written tutorial. 

My dream is to actually create 2 different audio files....one with Gorilla Monsoon and Jesse Ventura with a WWF focus and one with JR (and possibly Tony Schiavone) for an NWA focus. Then, you could swap out your audio files based upon what kind of matches or universe you wanted to have. We'll see. It'll take a ton of work, no doubt. If anyone wants to possibly help in some fashion, I wouldn't turn it down. 

But again, for now, I just wanted to say thanks to those who made it happen! 

Edited by denbigh7
  • Like 2
  • Too Sweet 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
On 1/15/2023 at 9:33 PM, denbigh7 said:

My dream has finally become a reality! For the longest time, I've wanted to be able to edit the audio in WWE2K14/Wresting Legends, but it seemed like a pipe dream. For one thing, we needed a very old version of WWise to make it happen. After much pleading, the incredible @stlpowercat was able to find and share with me some older versions of WWise. He also shared a spreasheet of audio file names which was an enormous help. Both he and @Red Rooster helped me walk through Hex editing and what it would take to get things edited. Though I didn't quite understand it, I kept at it. However, I wasn't finding success and was almost ready to give up. But last week, @justYn1893 contacted me and walked me through the process. I was finally able to get some audio edited!! 

Here's a quick link to check it out. You'll notice 2 things: The British Bulldog's call name is now appropiately called Davey Boy Smith (though I need to adjust the volume). And you'll hear Gorilla Monsoon call out a move a few different times in a match. I included it multiple times in the video to show that it's really in the game. Check it out!! 

https://streamable.com/6oky5r

I can't thank the members of this forum enough for their generous help in making this happen! You guys are incredible.

My plan is to continue to edit the commentary, creating an 80's throwback. I know, I know.....that seems crazy. There are literally thousands of commentary lines. But now that I know it can be done, I'm inspired. As I start making progress with this mod, I'll gladly share my sound file with the forum. Keep in mind, this sound file is the Wrestling Legends audio file, so it has already been modified quite a bit in order to fit the roster that the creators of WL put in the game. If you play the vanilla WWE2K14 game, the call names won't be correct for you. 

At some point, I may also try to make a tutorial video on how to edit the audio, as I think seeing the process would be much easier for others to figure out as opposed to a written tutorial. 

My dream is to actually create 2 different audio files....one with Gorilla Monsoon and Jesse Ventura with a WWF focus and one with JR (and possibly Tony Schiavone) for an NWA focus. Then, you could swap out your audio files based upon what kind of matches or universe you wanted to have. We'll see. It'll take a ton of work, no doubt. If anyone wants to possibly help in some fashion, I wouldn't turn it down. 

But again, for now, I just wanted to say thanks to those who made it happen! 

its possible you can send me the Kamala ch.pac please?🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

16 hours ago, Deadite988 said:

its possible you can send me the Kamala ch.pac please?🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

It's in the Wrestling Legends mod/game. Do you not have that?

7 hours ago, denbigh7 said:

It's in the Wrestling Legends mod/game. Do you not have that?

nope, its so heavy and im so poor ,my pc its so poor and my internet connection are so slow to download all the game, i dont have space enough for the game you know, i work in windows 7 yet.

On 8/3/2024 at 12:12 AM, Deadite988 said:

nope, its so heavy and im so poor ,my pc its so poor and my internet connection are so slow to download all the game, i dont have space enough for the game you know, i work in windows 7 yet.

Since I didn't help to create the Wrestling Legends Mod, nor did I help to create any of the wrestler/superstar mods contained within them, I don't feel as I have the authority to share ch.pac files that don't really belong to me. I hope that doesn't come across as selfish, I'm just trying to show respect to the hard work that modders have put into creating mods, particulalry wrestlers. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/5/2024 at 12:53 PM, denbigh7 said:

Since I didn't help to create the Wrestling Legends Mod, nor did I help to create any of the wrestler/superstar mods contained within them, I don't feel as I have the authority to share ch.pac files that don't really belong to me. I hope that doesn't come across as selfish, I'm just trying to show respect to the hard work that modders have put into creating mods, particulalry wrestlers.

Oh please, the game is free to download, thanks to the modders who supported with their creations, what's the difference between downloading it for free and sharing a file? bad if you were charging money for the favor, I could download the game if I had the resources but unfortunately I have built mine little by little, the ch.pac files are shared here in other threads, it seems to me a very poor and mediocre thought of your part and insults anyone's intelligence, you just had to say I don't have it or I don't want it and that's it, that way there would be a little respect.

21 hours ago, Deadite988 said:

Oh please, the game is free to download, thanks to the modders who supported with their creations, what's the difference between downloading it for free and sharing a file? bad if you were charging money for the favor, I could download the game if I had the resources but unfortunately I have built mine little by little, the ch.pac files are shared here in other threads, it seems to me a very poor and mediocre thought of your part and insults anyone's intelligence, you just had to say I don't have it or I don't want it and that's it, that way there would be a little respect.

1. The game is NOT free. In order to properly aquire Wrestling Legends, a donation has to be made for the game. (Which is a bargain, considering how much work the modders put into the game.) If it's free to download for you, then download it and you'll have Kamala's ch.pac file. 

2. I've had modders specifically ask me not to share mods of theirs, and I'm someone who honors those requests. 

3. I've shown everone on this forum nothing but respect over the years. For you to comment on my thread about something that isn't even related to the topic, and then get mad and hurl insults at me when I politely refuse tells me everything I need to know about you. Pathetic. You think by insulting me that you'll somehow get it from me NOW? 🤣 Good luck with that. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I already got the ch.pac I wanted, thank you for worrying, Mr. File Police.

Edited by Deadite988