Generating an alternate attire selection menu in WWE 2K22 part 2

BlindedByTheGrace

Hi all,

It's been a while since I've put up part 1 of this tutorial which you will also find on this thread. Now here goes part 2.

In part 1  I showed how to manually add an alternate attire selection menu block in the character selection menu so you can select any alternate attires for characters.

The problem with this method is, even though you can select the attires, they are all blank without attire names. 

This data isn't what the developers used for the Showcase mode characters with alternate attires like Rey Mysterio with 4 alternate attires and most with 2 attires.

I will highly recommend you first go through part 1 of the tutorial to understand the basics and the files you will need to modify. There will be no need to repeat the same information in part 1. 

What do you need ?

The charprofiletable.roster file which you extract from the Roster folder (bakedfile00)

A Hex editor (HxD)

Windows 10 calculator set to programmer mode.

In this tutorial, I will illustrate using Becky Lynch's slot .

You will need the spread sheet with the character ID's and slot numbers handy, Link here 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t2UK5qzkw8qqJhV1ZD7U61VYCJThjswcxw4c4YJH3I4/edit#gid=444977815

*Open the charprofiletable.roster file in Hxd, open the spreadsheet and look for Becky Lynch. 

From the sheet, you will see her slot number/slot ID bytes  is  63 02 1E 01 4C 03.

* Perform a search for thios block of bytes (hex search) in Hxd. You will be presented with the following.

If we recollect, in tutorial 1 , we add the number of attire blocks you want displayed and modify the bytes so it points to that offset position.

9OzCUr2.jpg

We will still be modifying the bytes at the position where the FC 01 is, but pointing it to another location in the file.

What I have done is create a data file, a sort of template you can paste below the file. I will call it the 10 alternate attire template.

Here is a copy of the data file. Download it and open in Hxd.

https://mega.nz/file/RVgF3IBb#K5pRaSbU5Fx1qVWqC8QBZ7ji-pP1PpA9NLq4GzXpx9I 10 ATTIRE MENU TEMPLATE DATA.

THE 10 ATTIRE MENU TEMPLATE DATA FILE.

When this file is opened in Hxd , you will be presented with the following. Its the same data structure the developers use for the alternate attire menu selection. The problem is this data is only set in the slots for the characters who have alt attires by default. Secondly the data the developers used in those slots is only limited to the number of attires they set for the character. For instance, Rey has 4 attires, and the data for Rey is just limited to 4. This mod expands that same data for 10 attires.

The block of 4 bytes I have highlighted in each line is the string name for each attire. 

XSshQQb.jpg

The default attire (attire 1) is at the bottom and has the string ID E6 2C AC 6A ,  attire 2 has the string ID 44 BE AC F4, attire 10 has the string ID 54 C5 8F C9.

So the slots data is listed from 10 to 1 since the game reads data from the bottom up. However in the menu, attire 1 is listed first.

Now how do we know what names these ID's represent or how you can change them.?

We do that by opening the Sdb editor in caketools. 

If I wanted to lookup the name for the string in attire 1, first invert the bytes .

E6 2C AC 6A will be reversed as 6A AC 2C E6. Take note that you reverse in pairs.  You can search for the bytes 6AAC2CE6 in the Sdb editor and you will see the name ORIGINAL ATTIRE COME UP. This is just a placeholder name I used. You can either rename an unused string in the files and assign the ID to the slot instead.

Lets say I wanted to change it to the name  BECKY LYNCH

Seach for Becky Lynch in the file. One of the names that come up has the ID 5B 77 22 68. (remember to place them in pairs)

Reverse as 68 22 77 5B and add it to the file as shown. Be careful not to overwrite any data as it will cause the game to crash.

You will also notice I highlighted the 0A on top. This is the number of attires the game will list in the menu. If you changed it to 1, the game will only display the original, change to 4, it only displays the 1st 4 etc.

4t2nGIH.jpg

So how do we place this attire data in the charprofiletable.roster file?

Once you understand how the game reads data, then its easy to exploit the process. The game will read this data anywhere it is placed as long as the pointer data is set to the correct number of bytes.

Highlight and copy all the data in the file, scroll to the bottom of the charprofiletable.roster file, then paste insert it there as shown.

EZiwtQm.jpg

What needs to be done next is link the data in the character slot to this location. So we search for Becky Lynch's ID again 63 02 1E 01 4C 03

Place your cursor aneclick right before FC01 (marked position)

fOpu9wc.jpg

Scroll down to the bottom of the file, hold down the SHIFT key on your keyboard and click right before the 0A or whatever number you have set as the number of attires you want displayed in the menu selection.

If done correctly, you will see the data blocks highlighted as shown 

You will want to take note of the OFFSET LENGTH shown below. This is the value which needs to be replace the FC 01 for this character slot. It tells the game to read data form the block of bytes placed at an offset position XXXXXXXX bytes away. In this example, its 30CB8

LCvcH1t.jpg

It's important I state here that entering the wrong value will make your game crash, so you need to be sure you enter it correctly.

In this tsk, you will often come across offset lenghts which have 5 characters.

30CB8.

The first character is placed alone while the other 4 are placed in pairs.  In this example, the data is 3 0C B8.

Reverse it as B8 0C 03 , then enter it in place of FC 01 in this example.

TaFjeQd.jpg

. How would you be able to test that this byte points to the correct offset position. ?

To do this, place the cursor right before the date you entered, in Hxd, go to EDIT -SELECT BLOCK and enter the data reversed as shown. Press ok. If entered correctly, you will see the data will point to the beginning of the alternate attire data block.

gq6KqXU.jpg

Save and place the charprofiletable.roster file in the ROSTER folder. Bake the file and launch your game.

Here is the result

https://streamable.com/2b35rj

Please feel free to ask any questions if you run into any difficulty.

Good luck.

Edited by BlindedByTheGrace
  • Like 2

• BlindedByTheGrace changed the title to Generating an alternate attire selection menu in WWE 2K22 part 2