Most 2K14 modding tutorials are missing or lost to time

PiPPiN

Do you mean the render of each individual character/wrestler? I can help with that. I have a tutorial written out that I can share with you when I get back to my home computer later. 

On 7/20/2022 at 9:03 PM, denbigh7 said:

Do you mean the render of each individual character/wrestler? I can help with that. I have a tutorial written out that I can share with you when I get back to my home computer later. 

hey if you could send me that i would be very thankful man ive been trying to replace superstars renders on my RGH not for CAW's and i cant find a tutorial thats working

Edited by Swooog

On 7/25/2022 at 1:50 PM, Swooog said:

hey if you could send me that i would be very thankful man ive been trying to replace superstars renders on my RGH not for CAW's and i cant find a tutorial thats working

Happy to help. I don't have a video, but I can walk you through the steps. It's actually fairly simple.

Installing Renders on WWE2K14 Tutorial 

1. Create the actual renders for the wrestler/manager/character whose render you want to replace. 

If you don't know how to actually create renders, that's another tutorial altogether. For this tutorial, I'm assuming you already know how to do that. But essentially, you need to create DDS files of the             renders you wish to insert into the game. For in-game characters or mods (but not CAWS), you need 2 renders. One of them should be 512x512, the other should be 256x256. (CAW renders are different       -  for those, watch my video a few posts up.)

2. Access your WWE2K14 game files via Xbox360 neighborhood or Horizon, etc. Once inside the main folder for WWE2K14, locate the "menu" folder, find the file "menuHD_dlc2.pac". Copy it and paste it to your desktop. Now, before you do ANYTHING to it, make another copy of it as a backup and put it in a safe folder. Then, make ANOTHER backup and put it somehwere else. Just trust me on this. If something goes wrong while you're editing/modding, can you easily replace the file if you have made backups. 

3. Open the menuHD_dlc2.pac file in X-packer using the "pac containing directories" option (Ctrl+R). 

4. Look for the slot number you're trying to replace. (Here's a link to the spreadsheet) - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1aBP47O-Jb9CxQiGCMzN-xn60o8qsg0zMDMy9fhKGOVI/edit#gid=0

Look for the slot number (pac number) of the wrestler you'd like to replace. For instance, if you want to add a new render for the Rock, his pac number is 100.

There are 3 different categories that you must find. You need to find where slot number 100 appears in the SSFA column, the SSFB column and the SSFC column. For the SSFA and the SSFB column, you'll use the 512x512 render. For the SSFC column, you'll use the 256x256 render. 

5. When you find your slot/pac number (in this example it's 100) for each category, use the "compress and inject" feature and select your render. (Use the correct size! See step 4)

6. Do that for all 3 categories, close X-packer, replace the menuHD_dlc2.pac file in the game with the one you just edited, and you're good to go!

Let me know if you have any problems. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, denbigh7 said:

Happy to help. I don't have a video, but I can walk you through the steps. It's actually fairly simple.

Installing Renders on WWE2K14 Tutorial 

1. Create the actual renders for the wrestler/manager/character whose render you want to replace. 

If you don't know how to actually create renders, that's another tutorial altogether. For this tutorial, I'm assuming you already know how to do that. But essentially, you need to create DDS files of the             renders you wish to insert into the game. For in-game characters or mods (but not CAWS), you need 2 renders. One of them should be 512x512, the other should be 256x256. (CAW renders are different       -  for those, watch my video a few posts up.)

2. Access your WWE2K14 game files via Xbox360 neighborhood or Horizon, etc. Once inside the main folder for WWE2K14, locate the "menu" folder, find the file "menuHD_dlc2.pac". Copy it and paste it to your desktop. Now, before you do ANYTHING to it, make another copy of it as a backup and put it in a safe folder. Then, make ANOTHER backup and put it somehwere else. Just trust me on this. If something goes wrong while you're editing/modding, can you easily replace the file if you have made backups. 

3. Open the menuHD_dlc2.pac file in X-packer using the "pac containing directories" option (Ctrl+R). 

4. Look for the slot number you're trying to replace. (Here's a link to the spreadsheet) - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1aBP47O-Jb9CxQiGCMzN-xn60o8qsg0zMDMy9fhKGOVI/edit#gid=0

Look for the slot number (pac number) of the wrestler you'd like to replace. For instance, if you want to add a new render for the Rock, his pac number is 100.

There are 3 different categories that you must find. You need to find where slot number 100 appears in the SSFA column, the SSFB column and the SSFC column. For the SSFA and the SSFB column, you'll use the 512x512 render. For the SSFC column, you'll use the 256x256 render. 

5. When you find your slot/pac number (in this example it's 100) for each category, use the "compress and inject" feature and select your render. (Use the correct size! See step 4)

6. Do that for all 3 categories, close X-packer, replace the menuHD_dlc2.pac file in the game with the one you just edited, and you're good to go!

Let me know if you have any problems. 

Hey man first thank you so much for helping ive been looking into this for abit

just one thing, i cant seem to find "menuHD_dlc2.pac" in my "WWE 2K14 RF JTAGRip/pac/menu"  folder i do have all DLC installed to my knowledge but these are all i see

https://prnt.sc/NULsEPR82H92

Hmmm, that's interesting. Do you have the vanilla (regular) version of the game? I have the Wrestling Legends mod installed, so maybe that changes my files. Why don't you try opening the regular "menuHD.pac" file and see if it shows the slot numbers, etc. that I mentioned above. If you see columns that have SSFA, SSFB and SSFC, then that's the one you should try to edit.

• Like 1

On 7/27/2022 at 4:48 PM, denbigh7 said:

Hmmm, that's interesting. Do you have the vanilla (regular) version of the game? I have the Wrestling Legends mod installed, so maybe that changes my files. Why don't you try opening the regular "menuHD.pac" file and see if it shows the slot numbers, etc. that I mentioned above. If you see columns that have SSFA, SSFB and SSFC, then that's the one you should try to edit.

well besides the mods i have installed (like new supertstas and etc) its vanilla and also yes your right menuHD.pac seems to be just as you described ill try edit it and let you know

edit : it worked managed to replace the render in every screen, thank you very much for the help

unknown.png

Edited by Swooog
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

a que se refiere con la version "vainilla" del juego? es necesario tener el update para utilizar el meniHD_dlc2.pac? porque yo lo tengo sin update y ese archivo no esta.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/6/2022 at 6:09 AM, Deadite988 said:

What do you mean by the "vanilla" version of the game? Is it necessary to have the update to use the meniHD_dlc2.pac? because I have it without update and that file is not there.

vanilla means just he normal unmodded game and just edit the menuHD.pac i didnt have the other pac also

• Woo 1