TUTORIAL : Character data 3 : Generating an alternate attire selection menu in WWE 2K22 part 1.

BlindedByTheGrace

Hi. This is the third in my series of tutorials.

In this tutorial, I will talking about generating an alternate attire menu through modifying the charprofiletable.roster.jsfb file

Before I begin I will want to state a few things :

Thjis is not a beginner tutorial, so if you are just beginning to mod 2k games and do not know anything about hex editing, this tutorial is not for you.

Reason is, any mistakes made in modifying the charprofiletable.roster file will result in the game crashing on strartup or not starting up. 

I will assume that before attempting this tutorial  and the other about slot unlocking, you are comfortable with hex editing and are able to troubleshoot errors if the game does not star after making a change.

I will also assume you have caketools for 2k22 modding and know how how to extract a file from one of the baked files.

WHAT YOU NEED,

A copy of the charprofiletable.roster which is extracted from the bakedfile00.cak file using caketools (look in the  Roster folder)

Hxd or any Hex editor.

A copy of a list of 2k22 characters with their 6 bytes  slot ID/slot number combo.   

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t2UK5qzkw8qqJhV1ZD7U61VYCJThjswcxw4c4YJH3I4/edit#gid=444977815

I will give credit to @prototype on the PWM server for his initial findings on this topic.

In order to be practical here, I will show how to generate an alt attire menu for 2 characters: Goldberg who has an alt attire  and Shawn Michaels, who also has 2 additional Myrise attires..

First thing to do is extract the charprofiletable.roster.jfsb file from thebakedfile00 (Roster folder).   As shown in the screenshot below, the file will need to be highlighted before you see the marked icon displayed .

Select this icon to extract just this file. Place is anywhere on your desktop and open with Hxd.

N3Dsads.jpg

Next we need to know Goldberg's 6 byte slot ID/ slot number combo. 

You can't use  a full array of bytes in the profile file due to the layout being different from the standard pofo data searched in cheatengine.

Goldberg's ID is 361 and looking up the sheet , you will find the bytes for his slot listed. Copy these as you will need to search for this in the Charprofile file open in Hxd.

RLy5DPF.jpg

Perform a search for the bytes (hex values) and you will be presented with the following.

After the highlighted ID bytes , you move forward a few bytes till you find two bytes followed by 00 00 00 00 . In this case it id FC 01. This differs for each characters slot. But it is always followed by the 00 00 00 00  bytes.

advsBIC.jpg

There are other bits to explain in this file,  but I will come to that in one of the subsequent tutorials.

I have also marked a region of blank zeros which is part of the blocks for this data. This space will normally contain data for Crowd signs for alt attires but these are read from the pofo instead after you start a new gamesave.

The space here is what generates the attire selection block.  I did not call this topic Unlocking alt attires because the attire menu isn't locked in the first place. Also the developers used a different method to set up an attire menu for the showcase mode characters who have one by default.

So what next.

Place your cursor at the start of FC01 or whatever byte is in that position and drag down as shown to any point where the blank 0000's follow.

As you drag down, take not of the length value shown . It shows  10E here. This means there the number of bytes from the position where FC is to where the highlight stops is 10E . This is a hexadecimal number.

QNVyNvk.jpg

If I dragged down the a different postion on the same row, the value will change, so it's just not one fixed value. 

In this case it's 10E. We write this in Hex as 01 0E and reverse the bytes in endian format as 0E 01..

Change the  FC 01 to the value 0E 01 as shown. Take note of the byte I marked right after the highlight end .

oPa1zQy.jpg

This byte will be used to enable the game display the number of attire selection blocks to display.

The max is 10 attires so enter 0A here if you want the full 10 attire blocks. 10 in hexadecimal format is 0A 

If you just want 4 attire blocks, enter 04 and you will just have 4 attire blocks.

DSQmQQC.jpg

when you have done this, save and place the file in your mods folder (create a folder called Roster in your mods folder and place the file inside the folder.

Bake and launch your game.

You will see the alt attire menu selection blocks as shown.

If the 0A is changed to 04, youll just get a 4 attire selection block.

lT3aKzV.jpg

FZhHUgL.jpg

I will show the bytes for Shawn Michaels Myrise with ID 457. 

First lookup the 6 bytes for the slot ID/ slot number combo. C9 01 D5 00 91 00

Search for this in the charprofiletable.roster file

You will notice the space and the bytes F801.

Like in the previous example, drag down to any postiton around where the block begins.

nzASEAa.jpg

Here ive dragged down to F5. This is written as 00 F5. Flip the bytes as F5 00. Replace F8 01 with F5 00.

Right after the highlight ends, I placed the value 02. This means the game will generate a 2 attire block for the Shawn slot. 

6HJEr6Z.jpg

You can always go back and make any changes in the file. 

Now I will come to one issue you might encounter with some slots, used or unused without the block of zeros.

One example is RVD's slot. 

If we lookup his ID , the bytes for his slot are  7400 6f 00 74 00.

Search for this in the charprofile file and you will be presented with the following as shown.

You will see with his slot, there is hardly any space. One workaround is to move down to the data for the slot before and locate the empty slot. The previous slot with ID 73 in hex  is Mr Mcmahon's slot.

QOZLWbD.jpg

So we just drag down across that region to the empty space for Mcmahon's slot as shown and note the length.

You will see here I have dragged down across the data for Mr McMahon's slot will the beginning of the blank region for his slot . 

The length is 2CB. So change the 50 01 for RVD'S slot to CB 02 (remember we are flipping)

rNg7rWA.jpg

The question is, what happens to Mr McMahon's slot.?

The data we placed there will not enable an attire menu for his slot. Supposed I wanted to add 5 attires both both McMahon and RVD and wanted to use that same selector byte for both. 

We look up Mr  McMahon's data then drag down to the 05, note the length and change it as shown.

From the 0002 we drag down till we reach the byte before the 05 added for 5 attires. You will see the length for his slot is FB since it's much closer to that offset location.

Change the 0002 to FB00 . 

lskRIc0.jpg

One thing to take note of here is there are no attire  names listed . This is the issue with the attire blocks and going by what the developers did with the showcase mode character slots, whether we will be able to get names with this method is hard to say as string names and ID's were added to the showcase mode character alt attire data which is set differently.

A different method, which will not generate 10 attires, but will enable to have 4 or 5 attires max with attire names will be explained in part 2 of this tutorial.

• Like 2
  • Too Sweet 1

• BlindedByTheGrace changed the title to TUTORIAL : Character data 3 : Generating an alternate attire selection menu in WWE 2K22 part 1.