Could use some help adding additional attire to mod in Wrestling Legends

denbigh7

@Red Rooster or anyone else who may know....

I've tried to search for a solution, but couldn't really find an answer to what I'm trying to do. So, I have an additional attire for Michael P.S. Hayes that I'd like to add to his .pac file in the Wrestling Legends game. Currently, he has 2 attires in the game, so I'm attempting to add a 3rd. 

I've opened his ch435.pac file in X-Packer, and it shows that he has plenty of available slots for more attires (looks like a dummy pac file was used when creating him.) I inject his ring and entrance attire and name them 43522 and 43524, respectively. Then, I select "add additional attire data to arc" and select my plist360.arc file to update. Per an old tutorial I found on @tekken57's http://sf4mods.blogspot.com/ on injecting attires, I also updated the misc01_Start.pac file from 2 attires to 3. 

When I replace those 3 files (435.pac, plist360.arc, misc01_Start.pac) back into the game, my WL game won't even load. I tried to accomplish this attire add a few different ways.....the first time by updating the misc01_Start.pac file....the second time by not doing that....then by just using the "update arc" feature in X-Packer instead of "add additional attire data to arc"....but none of them seem to work.

I'm pretty sure that adding attires is a very remedial task for most modders, but it's a new one for me. Am I just missing a step? Or, is it because in WL the arc can't be added to in size? Does adding an extra attire affect the arc that way, hence not allowing the game to load? 

Would be grateful for any help or suggestions. And if I can figure this out, I'll probably make a video tutorial for novices like myself. 

The arc is full, there is a hard limit on how many entries can be in the arc, we used it all, in order to add more attires you will have to remove attires from the game and therefore the arc unfortunately. Otherwise, as you discovered, the game wont load.

Edited by Red Rooster
  • Thanks 1

Ah, that makes sense. I was figuring that’s what the issue might be. 
I may just replace one of his attires with the one I’m trying to inject. 
Thanks for the help, as at least now I know what can and can’t be done.