How works xxxx_n.dds texture files ?

Fenrir

Hello everyone !

I need some help to understand how works the xxxx_n.dds ( for example head_n.dds).

How to accentuate the relief and details  on that kind of files ? If I improve the contrast of the picture, does it make the details more sharp and accurate ? Is the light mauve / violet color of the picture is important in how it works ? Or is it juste a matter of contrast ?

Alors, I also not understand fully how the _mr files works ( the most yellow bright is it the less the light is reflected nope ?). If someone have some tips, or a complete tutorial ( saw a lot but I don't get a true answer about these questions) I will be grateful! Thanks

hello brother.. the file u saying _n file is the normal map filter file which adds embossments or outline to ur game textures

this can be used to add a embossment or bold effects to ur textures

and _mr file means metal,roughness this is used to give ur main textures some shine and brightness. if a part of a mr file is dark green then that part will shine in game and if it is light then it wont shine much..  u can create a normal map file for ur textures if ur a modder then u can use photoshop with NVIDIA dds plugins. dont worry if u have intel gpu also this plugin will work. 

yes ofc i have a tut video. it is not of mine, but a user name cus7ate

it is easy to create a new normal or map file.. pls see this video! 

1 minute ago, Lord Tengen said:

hello brother.. the file u saying _n file is the normal map filter file which adds embossments or outline to ur game textures

this can be used to add a embossment or bold effects to ur textures

and _mr file means metal,roughness this is used to give ur main textures some shine and brightness. if a part of a mr file is dark green then that part will shine in game and if it is light then it wont shine much..  u can create a normal map file for ur textures if ur a modder then u can use photoshop with NVIDIA dds plugins. dont worry if u have intel gpu also this plugin will work. 

yes ofc i have a tut video. it is not of mine, but a user name cus7ate

it is easy to create a new normal or map file.. pls see this video! 

also use 2KM ARC to create new texture archive 

texture archieve name: 000A

• Woo 1

Thanks mate !

Yes this video is helping a lot for the _mr files. The darker green is it, the brighter it looks alright.

But I still don't get how the _n works, if the color or the contrast get some importance and the difference with _ao files of wwe2k18. I like to understand how things work 😃

26 minutes ago, Fenrir said:

Thanks mate !

Yes this video is helping a lot for the _mr files. The darker green is it, the brighter it looks alright.

But I still don't get how the _n works, if the color or the contrast get some importance and the difference with _ao files of wwe2k18. I like to understand how things work 😃

_n files r normal map. like it gives outline or embossment.. for normal map in wwe 2k19 or older games its default colour is blue. so dont change it. there is explaining bout _n files and _ao files is alpha file ig. which makes certain parts of textures invisible . im not sure bout _ao files because in 2k19 its not used.. but still we can use it if we want. and _ao files r created with a base or normal map file ig.

Edited by Lord Tengen
  • Thanks 1