WWE 2K22 Update 1.09, Speed Up Fix!

Nyan4Krunex

Saw a ton of people everywhere complaining and or confused about this. So, just wanted to share this, in case anyone is still stuck not knowing what to do.

Method 1: There's one of two ways to fix it, one can be done in-game. You go to Extras then Graphics Settings and turn off 'Timed Game Update.' Turning it off just gives you unlimited fps and speeds up as fast as your machine is capable of. So, turning this on caps it to the more natural 60 fps gameplay.

5.jpg

7.jpg

7.jpg

Method 2: The other way is outside of the game if you don't want to tweak any of the in game graphics settings or not turn off 'Timed Game Update.' Right click on the desktop, go to Display then Advanced Display Settings and change your refresh rate to 60 hz.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg

• Like 1

I tried your second method and it is interesting since it will play the entrances and end cutscenes at 60fps as when you turn on Timed Game Update that locks them to 30fps like the game default.  But at 60fps the entrances and end cutscenes have these weird little speed bursts each time the camera changes angles for a few seconds and it is especially noticeable in the pre-match cutscene so I wonder if that is why 2K did not give us the option to run the entrances at 60fps like that Action Camera setting they added.  I would be interested to see if you notice the same issues using your second method. 

• Yes! 2

52 minutes ago, Darkness Muta said:

I tried your second method and it is interesting since it will play the entrances and end cutscenes at 60fps as when you turn on Timed Game Update that locks them to 30fps like the game default.  But at 60fps the entrances and end cutscenes have these weird little speed bursts each time the camera changes angles for a few seconds and it is especially noticeable in the pre-match cutscene so I wonder if that is why 2K did not give us the option to run the entrances at 60fps like that Action Camera setting they added.  I would be interested to see if you notice the same issues using your second method. 

I can confirm, that's the same for me too. Spontaneous speeding up with the second method.

10 hours ago, Nyan4Krunex said:

I can confirm, that's the same for me too. Spontaneous speeding up with the second method.

I ended up doing another test for a 3rd method by adding a program specific setting through the Nvidia Control Panel to lock the game to 60fps and turn on Vsync and turned off Timed Game Update and Vsync in the game options and the 60fps entrances seemed to play smoother for some reason but the pre-match cutscene was in superspeed.  I will have to do some more testing but it is unusual how the results seem different for this method versus method 2.     

• Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Darkness Muta said:

I ended up doing another test for a 3rd method by adding a program specific setting through the Nvidia Control Panel to lock the game to 60fps and turn on Vsync and turned off Timed Game Update and Vsync in the game options and the 60fps entrances seemed to play smoother for some reason but the pre-match cutscene was in superspeed.  I will have to do some more testing but it is unusual how the results seem different for this method versus method 2.     

Yeah it's weird.. maybe the Action Camera setting has something to do with that. Maybe it seperates entrance camera and pre match camera + action camera, not sure though. What I ultimately did was use Auto Actions so it's only 60 fps whenever the game is on, otherwise I am at full refresh rate when using my computer. 

1 hour ago, Nyan4Krunex said:

Yeah it's weird.. maybe the Action Camera setting has something to do with that. Maybe it seperates entrance camera and pre match camera + action camera, not sure though. What I ultimately did was use Auto Actions so it's only 60 fps whenever the game is on, otherwise I am at full refresh rate when using my computer. 

I will give that program a try but it seems like it would act similar to just setting up the Game specific profile though the Nvidia Control panel.  2K probably will not properly fix the entrances as it feels like they assume everyone just skips them so that is why we do not have entrances in the modes like MyFaction and why they originally had the entrances set to off for online play plus it allows them to be lazy and not make proper entrance attires to all those leaked MyFaction wrestlers.