Frame rate keeps dropping randomly

wishbone

Hey guys, hope everyones enjoying the game. I definitely am.

I'm using a GTX 1070:
Driver: 512.15 Type: DCH
CUDA CORES: 1920
GFX Clock: 1506MHz
Memory Data: 8.01gb
Memory interface: 256-bit
Memory bandwidth: 256.26gb/s
Total available GFX memory: 24526 MB
Dedicated video memory: 8192 MB GDDR 5

Whenever I start the game, my frame rate is like 10fps and I have to go to settings - set to windowed - maximize the screen using my keyboard - return to default settings - change resolution to 4K - save.

But even then, the first 10 seconds of every match is extremely low fps and it kicks up to 30/40 after the opening bell.

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong here?

Is your's a laptop? I have the same problem with my GTX 1080 based laptop (no such problem on my Desktop's RTX 3090). It seems to be a bug in the game where the game thinks that the monitor's native Hz for the native resolution is 25, 30 or 40 Hz. If I play it windowed (which forces the refresh rate set on the desktop) it works fine, even at native resolution.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cave Waverider said:

Is your's a laptop? I have the same problem with my GTX 1080 based laptop (no such problem on my Desktop's RTX 3090). It seems to be a bug in the game where the game thinks that the monitor's native Hz for the native resolution is 25, 30 or 40 Hz. If I play it windowed (which forces the refresh rate set on the desktop) it works fine, even at native resolution.

I'm using a desktop PC.