Steam Version Load Issue

The Brand

Hey Yo.  I hope everyone is doing well.

I noticed a locked topic where someone mentioned the insane load times at the start up screen (with Rey).  In the thread, it was mentioned that the person's issue was likely due to the copy being cracked the then Cave locked it down.

My issue is that I am having that exact issue, and my copy is 100% legit from Steam.  The gameplay is fine once I get in the game, bench mark checks out etc.  I have about 20 CAWS and whatever associated images, but nothing else downloaded.  No MyRise started, No Universe file started yet.  Only other thing I've done is I completed Rey's Showcase mode.  I've scoured reddit, but info there largely points to it being related to the number of CAWS.  

That would be a bummer because I only really copped this on PC to run it up with CAWS and use Sound Editor/Injector for themes  ( and wait on eventual wrestler mods from the mod gods).  If this issue is really tied to CAWS, that's kind of a killer for me.  I have this game on PS4 Pro as well with MyRise save, 2 Uni files, 100 CAWS, 4 arenas/shows, 6 or 7 belts etc and it's smooth as a babies bottom.

If anyone knows what I should be tweaking on PC, please drop some gems on me cuz I blew an extra 130 bones on the NWO Deluxe joint when I already had it on PS4 and I wanna get use out of this on PC.   Again,  My copy is 100% clean, legit from Steam, I don't do cracked copies.

(SIDE NOTE: I'm also working on converting all AEW/NJPW/WWE/Impact etc themes over for the community to download, but this is both lengthy and on going)

Thanks for reading ya'll

Edited by The Brand
  • Like 1

What are your PC's system specifications? Are you running the game and Operating system from an SSD or HDD?

• Like 1

I'm on  TUF Gaming Motherboard/Windows OS

-AMD Ryzen 7

-Nvidia 2070 Super

- Dual SSD  ( I also have HDD if housing it on HDD would help)

-32 GB RAM

Which Ryzen 7 model is it? But those should be more than enough. Are all your drivers up to date?
As long as the Game folder, the Steam save folder and the %LocalAppData%\WWE 2k22\ and %AppData%\WWE2K22SaveData folders are on SSDs and you have ample room left on them, it should be fine.

So when does the loading time happen? Before the "Press any button" screen appears or after you press the button on that screen? And how long is the wait in seconds? I can't seem to reproduce it.

If you are using any third party antivirus/security software, try to disable that (Windows Defender should be fine).

Quick Update.....tried everything suggested,  nothing worked.  I even deleted everything in the utility.  Uninstalled and re-installed the issue is gone.  When I come home from work, I will complete the Showcase again and download the same Creation content I had and see what happens.

I'm having the same issue but absolutely everything loads terribly. I have about 80 caws and 20 custom arenas. The intro screen takes about 2-3 minutes before I can press a button to continue. The menus for editing a custom superstar all take 2-3 minutes to load as well. Matches take a couple minutes for a singles match with 2 caws and a default stadium or 3-4 minutes for a custom arena. Tag teams with 4 caws and a created arena takes 6-8 minutes to load. It's insane. Load times became worse and worse with the more user content I added.

Legit steam copy with an Aorus G17 3070 RTX i9 laptop.

On 4/9/2022 at 2:49 AM, The Brand said:

Quick Update.....tried everything suggested,  nothing worked.  I even deleted everything in the utility.  Uninstalled and re-installed the issue is gone.  When I come home from work, I will complete the Showcase again and download the same Creation content I had and see what happens.

Would love to hear how thos went for you?

• Like 1

I have the same issue on Steam, I have no idea why lol.. 1-3 mins of loading screen

My thing is a Ryzen 7 5800x, nvidia 3060 ti. Might need to tweak something somewhere to fix this.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, CujoMatty said:

I'm having the same issue but absolutely everything loads terribly. I have about 80 caws and 20 custom arenas. The intro screen takes about 2-3 minutes before I can press a button to continue. The menus for editing a custom superstar all take 2-3 minutes to load as well. Matches take a couple minutes for a singles match with 2 caws and a default stadium or 3-4 minutes for a custom arena. Tag teams with 4 caws and a created arena takes 6-8 minutes to load. It's insane. Load times became worse and worse with the more user content I added.

Legit steam copy with an Aorus G17 3070 RTX i9 laptop.

Would love to hear how thos went for you?

I been busy with work, but I am up to 45 CAWS and a few belts.  I clocked in at about 1 minute the last time I loaded the main menu screen, so my issue seems to be somewhat related to CC to some degree.

Update on this: My loading time is now less than a minute, all I did was go to Deletion Utility -> Images and did the "Delete All Unused" 😀 

The game seems to have an issue with loading custom logos. The more you have the longer your load times. 

I can load a match with super stars rather quickly. I add a CAW and loading times instantly go up. 

I believe the next gen version has shorter loading times with custom logos. So I believe this issue is present with the old gen version. Just a theory. 

9 hours ago, EZY said:

The game seems to have an issue with loading custom logos. The more you have the longer your load times. 

I can load a match with super stars rather quickly. I add a CAW and loading times instantly go up. 

I believe the next gen version has shorter loading times with custom logos. So I believe this issue is present with the old gen version. Just a theory. 

2K artificially limited things on the PC, PS4 and Xbox One versions to make the next gen versions of the game seem to run a lot smoother.  It is a dumb tactic especially when most peoples PCs are a lot more powerful than a PS5 or Xbox Series X.  Hopefully next year they at least treat the PC version the same as the next gen ones as I have a feeling 2K will still try to pull that old gen vs next gen thing to milk some more money out of console players.   

Appreciate the info on the thread. I had about 80 wrestlers downloaded and about 12 arenas and the game just seemed to load slow, whether it was during the "Press Any Button" prompt at the Rey Mysterio start screen, Edit Custom Superstars section in Creations, or trying to get from the character select screen to the actual match. So I deleted and scrapped everything to start from scratch. My system I use now is that whenever I want to use custom content for a single match, I download the wrestlers, arena, and sometimes championship when I want to use it and then after the match, I delete all of it. Right now I'm only playing Exhibition matches so it has been a huge time saver for me. If I start a Universe, I may not have more than 20-25 custom wrestlers and a few arenas at a time. It sucks that this is even a problem on PC that when you actually start utilizing the slots that are supposed to be provided for you in the game. Since the servers are actively working and will for a while, I'm continuing with my current method. I've also favorited many wrestler creators and arena makers so getting the content I'm interested in utilizing in the game is pretty quick. There is so much great content already.

At some point when the servers go down, I will probably make multiple saves with each one having different sets of 30-40 wrestlers so that I can continue to enjoy custom content even when the server is offline. Thinking of having different themes like WCW Early 90s, WCW Nitro Era, Attitude WWF, Classic WWF, NWA, ECW, Legends, etc.  But thank goodness that is at least a year or two away from now.