Sound Editing 2k22

tuffmike

Hey guys, Just confirmed that it's possible to mod Music into 2k22, unfortunately there is no tool yet, but I'll try to see what I can do in regards of that.

Was able to put Slow Chemical on Kane, another interesting thing that I found in music_3.pck was Mankind's song, so maybe he's a hidden character.

Anyway, good news for us that want to mod music.

Update 1: Menu music also replaceable without patch (directly changed in the music_x files)

Edited by tuffmike
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, aidan2232 said:

How were you able to do it with out a tool?

I used tools but not a Sound Editor per say.

I used Wwise Unpacker to listen to the themes and find out their numbers

And used Ravioli Tools to extract all Wem files, replace the ones I want to replace and pack it again. Works flawless with menu music too.

24 minutes ago, tuffmike said:

And used Ravioli Tools to extract all Wem files, replace the ones I want to replace and pack it again. Works flawless with menu music too.

which file is used for the main menu music? Also, thank you a ton for letting us know about this method!

1 minute ago, drtots- said:

which file is used for the main menu music? Also, thank you a ton for letting us know about this method!

I believe they're in the same music_x files. I replaced one and it's working flawlessly on the Menu. I believe most are on Music_3, but I could be mistaken on that bit.

If you were to make a tool, do you know roughly how long it would take? 

Do you think it would be possible for you to make perhaps a video demonstration of what you did so we could use that in the meantime?

Also thank you for discovering this. My hopes of wanting this game at all kind of shattered when I realized the sound editor doesn't work anymore (or doesn't work properly rather)

19 minutes ago, tuffmike said:

I believe they're in the same music_x files. I replaced one and it's working flawlessly on the Menu. I believe most are on Music_3, but I could be mistaken on that bit.

Hey just one more question. How do you pack the files back up?

5 minutes ago, BaikenMainsUnite said:

If you were to make a tool, do you know roughly how long it would take? 

Do you think it would be possible for you to make perhaps a video demonstration of what you did so we could use that in the meantime?

Also thank you for discovering this. My hopes of wanting this game at all kind of shattered when I realized the sound editor doesn't work anymore (or doesn't work properly rather)

I don't know, I don't have a lot of experience but I'm sure people more talented than me will definitely pick this up, since the thing that causes the error with Sound Editor 2019 is so minor, but the code isn't open source.

Yes I can do a tutorial but from what I've heard another member of the community is doing one right now with screenshots. I contacted him, don't know if it's the same way as I do but he's an experienced modder so I'm sure his will be well documented.

3 minutes ago, drtots- said:

Hey just one more question. How do you pack the files back up?

Using the Combine option on Ravioli, basically just click combine and it'll save as music_x, then replace on the folder.

1 hour ago, tuffmike said:

I don't know, I don't have a lot of experience but I'm sure people more talented than me will definitely pick this up, since the thing that causes the error with Sound Editor 2019 is so minor, but the code isn't open source.

Yes I can do a tutorial but from what I've heard another member of the community is doing one right now with screenshots. I contacted him, don't know if it's the same way as I do but he's an experienced modder so I'm sure his will be well documented.

Using the Combine option on Ravioli, basically just click combine and it'll save as music_x, then replace on the folder.

Well I suppose we'll have to wait for those screenshots then.

Thanks regardless.

4 hours ago, tuffmike said:

Ah i see, thank you!

10 hours ago, tuffmike said:

So because Hex searching for me in completely out of the question due to my computer not being able to view the various symbols, I think I'm going to need to use your method. The only Ravioli tool I can see from the zip I downloaded that has Combine, is Ravioli Scanner, however I have no idea how to replace those wem files with what I want.

5 minutes ago, TheVisitorX said:

I can confirm that there will be a new version for 2K22 as soon as i get my hands on the game. 

Excellent news. 

Out of curiosity, do you know what the download method will be? I've tried to download the Sound Editor in the past and had difficulty because it my antivirus blocks the site I try to access and I'm a little cautious disabling it to try and access it in case I end up downloading malware.

I will no longer use ad links in the future. I provide a direct link to Google Drive. If you want to support my work, you can also do so by making a donation, but this is not mandatory.

• Like 7
  • Too Sweet 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TheVisitorX said:

I will no longer use ad links in the future. I provide a direct link to Google Drive. If you want to support my work, you can also do so by making a donation, but this is not mandatory.

That's also great news.

I definitely intend to give a donation as soon as I get my next paycheck.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, TheVisitorX said:

Any idea when you expect to have a new sound editor? Is it gonna take awhile or is the fix simple?

TheVisitorX thank you so much for your hard work been using your tool sense you first it made it i would love to support you soon as i can buddy

A new release should be out by this weekend at the latest. My time is a bit limited right now, but I will try my best to release an updated version ASAP.

• Like 5
  • Too Sweet 1
  • Woo 1

1 minute ago, TheVisitorX said:

A new release should be out by this weekend at the latest. My time is a bit limited right now, but I will try my best to release an updated version ASAP.

Please, no rush. So long as it's still doable, that's all that matters.

Yeah, it will probably take longer than expected. I just took a look at some files.

Unfortunately, the PCK files have been adjusted in such a way that each file in the archive have to start at a certain offset, which always ends with 000. That was also the case in previous versions, but not in 2K19. This had simplified the whole process a lot. Now the files have to be added at a specific offset again, so I have to re-write the whole write-process (and also fix the read-process, which isn't such a big deal). I have to add a zero-padding which considerably increases the size of the archives.

Generating own PCK files probably also doesn't work and will have to be rewritten, too.

That is much more work than I imagined, but yeah xD 

Edited by TheVisitorX
  • Like 2
  • Too Sweet 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TheVisitorX said:

Yeah, it will probably take longer than expected. I just took a look at some files.

Unfortunately, the PCK files have been adjusted in such a way that each file in the archive have to start at a certain offset, which always ends with 000. That was also the case in previous versions, but not in 2K19. This had simplified the whole process a lot. Now the files have to be added at a specific offset again, so I have to re-write the whole write-process (and also fix the read-process, which isn't such a big deal). I have to add a zero-padding which considerably increases the size of the archives.

Generating own PCK files probably also doesn't work and will have to be rewritten, too.

That is much more work than I imagined, but yeah xD 

Thank you for returning and hooking us up man! I will shoot you something for your time and efforts 🤘

• Like 2

9 hours ago, TheVisitorX said:

I just sent you a small donation. Thank you for coming back and doing this! cheers

• Like 1

Thank you for your donations and your kind words. It's great to be back! By the way, I have already fixed and optimized the read-process which now takes padding and other data from source into account. That means that the 2K22 files(and also from earlier versions) can already be opened and also listened to and exported as before. Later I will tackle the import and then optimize the creation of PCK files in the next step. 

Edited by TheVisitorX
  • Like 8
  • Too Sweet 1
  • Glorious 1