"-" Name instead of the modded wrestler name

phytadesk

So basically i finally managed to install a modded wrestler in the game.

Problem is that their name is just "-" and i tried modifying them using data editor and the assigned strings. (Didnt work)

Then i decided to use WrestlePLUS to edit a custom string and import it in the game files and use it in data editor (Still didnt work)

I have no idea what to do and im kind of lost. I've been doing the same things over and over again so i guess the only thing left is asking for some help here.

See if there's a .bak file on your string. That's generally been the issue I've had when I've had conflicts on names. If there's a .bak of the original or the modded string, just delete it and refresh your chunk.

• Like 1

Wrestleplus is outdated. Try Wrestleminus instead. 

Also, there are TWO string files that you will have. One is in your mods folder, the other (original) is the one in the pac/string/win folder

Make sure you are only editing one of them (preferably the mod's folder one) and make your changes there. As for the .bak files, make sure you remove those from your game's directory, or delete them all together. 

• Like 1

On 2/25/2022 at 7:33 PM, phytadesk said:

well i deleted the .bak string file now what

Once you have deleted the .bak file, you just have to copy / paste the one from the :

- Mods / Superstring / Win, into the folder,
- 2k19 / pac / string / win, or vice versa.

That way they will be identical and will not conflict.

Reset and Regen the Chunck file with CCT, and launch the game.

2 hours ago, phytadesk said:

do i paste the bak file i deleted and by reset do you mean Clear chunk0 ?

No - copy and paste the string from your mod folder to the WWE2K19 one so they are both the same.

Yes, clear chunk with CCT, then rebuild. 

Then run your game.

If it's still not showing up, check the name in the POFO points to the correct line of the string you have.

• Like 1

Ok so i tried changing the names like a 1000 times now but everytime i opened the data of the superstar in data editor they would be reset for some reason

2 hours ago, phytadesk said:

Ok so i tried changing the names like a 1000 times now but everytime i opened the data of the superstar in data editor they would be reset for some reason

I feel like you are trying to edit without saving at all. 

The .bak file should be deleted (as it is the backup of what you just did, it is useless in the game folder or mods folder). Technically if you edit with WrestleMINUS, you will be forced to save, even before you close the program, it asks you to save. So I think you're not saving, or you're missing out.

If it helps, DL my stringfile and make a try, use a pofo directly to see if the problem persists. the link is in my signature

So i did what you told me to except when i import the pofo i just imported in CCT in data editor its all different from the one i just imported in CCT.

Im not sure but i think the way i save it in data editor and string file is not good or just that in the data editor the directory of the file where i save it isnt related to the one used in CCT.