Entrance music

Screech24

Not sure you will ever be able to. It was possible on xbox360 due to the fact you could rip CDs, add MP3s and create a playlist that you could assign to wrestlers.

Outside of modding on PC, I don't think adding your own music has been available since the 360 days.

On 2/15/2022 at 2:02 AM, SS2K21 said:

Not sure you will ever be able to. It was possible on xbox360 due to the fact you could rip CDs, add MP3s and create a playlist that you could assign to wrestlers.

That was just their excuse for not adding it to newer consoles. It would be easily possible from a technical standpoint, they could have allowed players to just load audio files or videos from USB thumb drives or external drives if they wanted to. Or add a feature to record a theme music over the microphone, even (better than nothing). And on PC it would be even easier.

• Like 1

Funny, I was just thinking about this today, then I saw this post! No excuse technology wise this can't be done on a PS4/5 when I could add a custom music to WWE games on my PS3. I usually get the game on PC so I can add my custom audio files, but don't think my PC will handle this game hardware wise, so PS4 version for me this year! Too be honest, Hollywood Hogan, coming out to any other music than "Voodoo Child" isn't Hollywood Hogan, at all! Lol 

Edited by laddanator

On 2/20/2022 at 8:59 PM, laddanator said:

Funny, I was just thinking about this today, then I saw this post! No excuse technology wise this can't be done on a PS4/5 when I could add a custom music to WWE games on my PS3. I usually get the game on PC so I can add my custom audio files, but don't think my PC will handle this game hardware wise, so PS4 version for me this year! Too be honest, Hollywood Hogan, coming out to any other music than "Voodoo Child" isn't Hollywood Hogan, at all! Lol 

The excuse isn't tech, it's legal. Legal team won't let it come back. Copyright culture + Gaming culture has changed so much that they're responsible for violations, so it's best not to risk it.

For example, even if they mute entrances on native record, if I use my capcard and upload Undertaker using Sad But True, Metallica could decide "this isn't allowed", and I wouldn't be the one getting in too much trouble, it would be 2K for allowing that. Back when we had it, sharing custom music entrances was much harder, but now everyone and their grandma is a Twitch streamer.

I'm the developer of an indie wrestling game right now, and people keep asking me if I'll have it since 2K never does, and I'm like "Even if I use Spotify API, it's highly unlikely cuz legal issues. Its not worth the risk". Although, I will say, that doesn't mean the developers of 2K don't want it, they just have to ram through the legal blockade.

• Like 1

They should atleasr let us choose old school entrance music they have the copyright to from older wrestlers like 3 minute warning or road warriors demolition old themes

• Yes! 1

The beautiful thing is that there is competition now.  The AEW game is confirmed to have it and Fire Pro has it as well.  If the competition sells well then we have a chance of getting it back.  Fans arent demandind things that add meaningful content to the game.  They're more worried about the clothing wrestlers wear or who is on the roster even though there are detailed CAWs.  More people need to be vocal.  For now its a demand that can be ignored.

If 2K and WWE were smart about it. They would survey to see what themes players want. Take a batch and charge for them as DLC. This way royalties are paid by the end user. Not the publisher/developer.

Also let's the player base pick and choose. Everyone wins.