How do I remove the ring announcers? From my matches?

Mountainsmountains

38 minutes ago, Mountainsmountains said:

"Not their commentary" but their actual ingame models.
Is there anyway for me to remove them from the game or atleast my matches?  

Hi,

You have posted this same question in forums for different games. Which game are you actually modding?

If its's 2k19,the  ring announcer model don't sppear in regular matches, only title match announcements and The Royal Rumble match.

On 11/9/2021 at 2:23 PM, BlindedByTheGrace said:

Hi,

You have posted this same question in forums for different games. Which game are you actually modding?

If its's 2k19,the  ring announcer model don't sppear in regular matches, only title match announcements and The Royal Rumble match.

Well it's 2k17 actually, I was just "casting the net" shall we say, but thanks anyway for the info

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mountainsmountains said:

Well it's 2k17 actually, I was just "casting the net" shall we say, but thanks anyway for the info

If you are referring to 2k17, the ring announcer in that game is Lilian Garcia. To remove the announcer, you have to remove the ch18900.pac file from the pac\ch folder. That is her character model in the game.

2 hours ago, BlindedByTheGrace said:

If you are referring to 2k17, the ring announcer in that game is Lilian Garcia. To remove the announcer, you have to remove the ch18900.pac file from the pac\ch folder. That is her character model in the game.

Oh apologies not her, I meant, those 3 ring commentators sitting at that table. Michael Cole, Jerry Lawler and JBL, those 3 character models 

Edited by Mountainsmountains

13 minutes ago, Mountainsmountains said:

Oh apologies not her, I meant, those 3 ring commentators sitting at that table. Michael Cole, Jerry Lawler and JBL, those 3 character models 

The files for those three are ch11406.pac (JBL), ch15006.pac (Cole)and ch15306.pac (Lawler).

58 minutes ago, BlindedByTheGrace said:

The files for those three are ch11406.pac (JBL), ch15006.pac (Cole)and ch15306.pac (Lawler).

Apologies man I'm new to this whole modding thing, I've "replaced" my original chunk_cache.bin already,

For the pac files, Is it just a simple "drag those pac files to recycle bin" type of affair? Is their anything else for me to do

16 minutes ago, Mountainsmountains said:

Apologies man I'm new to this whole modding thing, I've "replaced" my original chunk_cache.bin already,

For the pac files, Is it just a simple "drag those pac files to recycle bin" type of affair? Is their anything else for me to do

Hi,

Yes just delete the files or move them to a backup location outside your 2k17 game folder.

23 minutes ago, BlindedByTheGrace said:

Hi,

Yes just delete the files or move them to a backup location outside your 2k17 game folder.

Yeah I did that, but when I tried to start a match, the game won't load, as in the red bar on the bottom only goes 1/3 of the way and stays there.

Any suggestions?

2 hours ago, Mountainsmountains said:

Yeah I did that, but when I tried to start a match, the game won't load, as in the red bar on the bottom only goes 1/3 of the way and stays there.

Any suggestions?

I will have to check this in the game. There are some files in the 2k games which need to load in a match. The game engine will not load a match if they are removed . If the announcer and comentator model files are in that category , then there isn’t anything you can do to remove them entirely. However they can be replaced with a different low poly model.

Edited by BlindedByTheGrace

10 minutes ago, BlindedByTheGrace said:

I will have to check this in the game. There are some files in the 2k games which need to load in a match. The game engine will not load a match if they are remove DX If the announcer and comentator model files are in that category , then there isn’t anything you can do to remove them entirely. However they can be replaced with a different low poly model.

DX? How can I know if a PAC file is a DX?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Mountainsmountains said:

DX? How can I know if a PAC file is a DX?

Sorry that is a typo error. I wanted to type in REMOVED.

As I said before, it looks like the game will require these files to load a match, so nothing can be done in this case.

1 hour ago, BlindedByTheGrace said:

Sorry that is a typo error. I wanted to type in REMOVED.

As I said before, it looks like the game will require these files to load a match, so nothing can be done in this case.

No worries, what about their textures or attires? Can I mess with that instead? Maybe make them invisible?