How to edit Attire of Modded Characters?

wdt92

Hey everyone! I am fairly new to the structure of how modding works within WWE 2K19 beyond imports. I understand the importing systems, however, this seems to require a bit of understanding beyond that. I have looked at the Wiki for my answer, but I don't see access to ReShape (which I believe is needed for what I'm asking). I also may be able to do this with Hex coding, but I haven't found an items list or an explanation for what I'm looking for. I'm hoping by asking here it cuts down search time and allows someone able to point me in the right direction.

So, to cut to the chase, I am trying to change the attire of a character mod for Charlotte. There is an awesome mod updating her to 2021 for 2K19, but unfortunately, it doesn't have her robes. I have tried to change this through the In-Game "CAS" system, however, the game after a second of loading crashes to desktop every time. From what I understand from the Wiki, this is due to the mod having added parts through the editing of the mod (I may be wrong here).

What I am wondering, what do I need to do to add the robes to the mod?

Thanks ahead of time for all help here!

Edited by wdt92
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, wdt92 said:

Hey everyone! I am fairly new to the structure of how modding works within WWE 2K19 beyond imports. I understand the importing systems, however, this seems to require a bit of understanding beyond that. I have looked at the Wiki for my answer, but I don't see access to ReShape (which I believe is needed for what I'm asking). I also may be able to do this with Hex coding, but I haven't found an items list or an explanation for what I'm looking for. I'm hoping by asking here it cuts down search time and allows someone able to point me in the right direction.

So, to cut to the chase, I am trying to change the attire of a character mod for Charlotte. There is an awesome mod updating her to 2021 for 2K19, but unfortunately, it doesn't have her robes. I have tried to change this through the In-Game "CAS" system, however, the game after a second of loading crashes to desktop every time. From what I understand from the Wiki, this is due to the mod having added parts through the editing of the mod (I may be wrong here).

What I am wondering, what do I need to do to add the robes to the mod?

Thanks ahead of time for all help here!

Hi,

If you are new to modding, this is a bit complicated. I will first suggest you get familiar with the modding tools and the character pac file structure, the texture files and the yobj files for the character models, decompressing the character model file, knowing what they contain etc. 

You will need pac editor to decompress pac files.

Reshape is used to open the yobj file

You will also need 2KMarc to rebuild new pac files , wrestleminus etc . 

That Charlotte 21 mod was not created to have her 2k19 robes as she doesn't wear that type of robe anymore. It wasn't a sort of deliberate omission by the modder.

The first step is being able to extract  the yobj file for the robe  from the original ch pac file.

This file needs to be added to the pac file for the mod , including the texture files for the robe.

Hex editing can't be used to add the robe yobj to the file.

But as I said before, with regards to modding and other things in life, its first best to learn to float in water before you learn to swim.

Edited by BlindedByTheGrace
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, BlindedByTheGrace said:

Hi,

If you are new to modding, this is a bit complicated. I will first suggest you get familiar with the modding tools and the character pac file structure, the texture files and the yobj files for the character models, decompressing the character model file, knowing what they contain etc. 

You will need pac editor to decompress pac files.

Reshape is used to open the yobj file

You will also need 2KMarc to rebuild new pac files , wrestleminus etc . 

That Charlotte 21 mod was not created to have her 2k19 robes as she doesn't wear that type of robe anymore. It wasn't a sort of deliberate omission by the modder.

The first step is being able to extract  the yobj file for the robe  from the original ch pac file.

This file needs to be added to the pac file for the mod , including the texture files for the robe.

Hex editing can't be used to add the robe yobj to the file.

But as I said before, with regards to modding and other things in life, its first best to learn to float in water before you learn to swim.

I really appreciate the reply! This details pretty closely what I was understanding from the Wiki. Actually, it being listed this precisely helps make it a bit more clear. I don't recall seeing 2KM arc listed there, but I do have WrestleMinus and have used it, the HxD editor, and the PAC editor already for arenas / lights / ramps, etc. I was using a guide for installation though, so I probably will still need a bit of work there as I don't feel super confident with them just yet. I get most of the layouts of how they look though as they're similar enough to coding languages I've seen. I just downloaded 2KM Arc and will begin testing it ASAP to get the best grasp I can on it so the heads up is greatly helpful!

If I can borrow a few more moments of your/anyone who knows time though I do have two follow up questions about this.

1.) The most important: with 2K Modz now being ProWrestlingMods and the link being broken from the Wiki for ReShape, do you happen to know where ReShape is being hosted now? From what I am understanding from your post and the Wiki that ReShape is the key factor in opening the YOBJ file. For me, when I click it I get a broken link and on ProWrestlingMods it isn't listed from what I can see in the Tools section.

2.) I haven't seen how ReShape works yet, so this admittedly is a very blind question. However, it is one I am curious about from your instructions and the Wiki instructions. If I am misunderstanding the layout and having the wrong assumption of what it is looks like, feel free to just say that and not worry about the actual question. With that said, if I use the original Charlotte pac file to isolate the robe as you suggested, and I place it in the same location in the new Entrance file as the original file will it basically bush-league to just placing it in the same attire slot for the entrance attire? I am assuming from what you said about the importance of knowing structure (and what I have seen from the Arena edits) that it is shaped very similar to hex, CSS grids, and pandas Python structure (generally for formats) or it has UI which has allowed easier view on that coding. Either way, both structures are primarily the same per file in terms of where each section is located from what I have seen. I assume for Pac files for CH files it is similar, but am I mistaken? I very easily could be. I just don't want to break it out the gate and bull-rush code trying to fix it without clear understanding if I can avoid it.

Also, I don't think you're implying it, but just in case, I wasn't meaning that the mod was incomplete or not good because it didn't have the robe. I think rahmanrefat16 has the best Charlote mod I have seen. Mainly, for me, I just don't like seeing the robe scene in her entrance if she's not wearing it down the ramp. It breaks my immersion. So, I just want to change it for me. I apologize if it came off as if I felt that the mod was broken or that I was being ungrateful for their excellent work.

EDIT: I found ReShape on PWM and will begin testing it. Thanks for your help!

Edited by wdt92

52 minutes ago, wdt92 said:

I really appreciate the reply! This details pretty closely what I was understanding from the Wiki. Actually, it being listed this precisely helps make it a bit more clear. I don't recall seeing 2KM arc listed there, but I do have WrestleMinus and have used it, the HxD editor, and the PAC editor already for arenas / lights / ramps, etc. I was using a guide for installation though, so I probably will still need a bit of work there as I don't feel super confident with them just yet. I get most of the layouts of how they look though as they're similar enough to coding languages I've seen. I just downloaded 2KM Arc and will begin testing it ASAP to get the best grasp I can on it so the heads up is greatly helpful!

If I can borrow a few more moments of your/anyone who knows time though I do have two follow up questions about this.

1.) The most important: with 2K Modz now being ProWrestlingMods and the link being broken from the Wiki for ReShape, do you happen to know where ReShape is being hosted now? From what I am understanding from your post and the Wiki that ReShape is the key factor in opening the YOBJ file. For me, when I click it I get a broken link and on ProWrestlingMods it isn't listed from what I can see in the Tools section.

2.) I haven't seen how ReShape works yet, so this admittedly is a very blind question. However, it is one I am curious about from your instructions and the Wiki instructions. If I am misunderstanding the layout and having the wrong assumption of what it is looks like, feel free to just say that and not worry about the actual question. With that said, if I use the original Charlotte pac file to isolate the robe as you suggested, and I place it in the same location in the new Entrance file as the original file will it basically bush-league to just placing it in the same attire slot for the entrance attire? I am assuming from what you said about the importance of knowing structure (and what I have seen from the Arena edits) that it is shaped very similar to hex, CSS grids, and pandas Python structure (generally for formats) or it has UI which has allowed easier view on that coding. Either way, both structures are primarily the same per file in terms of where each section is located from what I have seen. I assume for Pac files for CH files it is similar, but am I mistaken? I very easily could be. I just don't want to break it out the gate and bull-rush code trying to fix it without clear understanding if I can avoid it.

Also, I don't think you're implying it, but just in case, I wasn't meaning that the mod was incomplete or not good because it didn't have the robe. I think rahmanrefat16 has the best Charlote mod I have seen. Mainly, for me, I just don't like seeing the robe scene in her entrance if she's not wearing it down the ramp. It breaks my immersion. So, I just want to change it for me. I apologize if it came off as if I felt that the mod was broken or that I was being ungrateful for their excellent work.

EDIT: I found ReShape on PWM and will begin testing it. Thanks for your help!

Good thing you have found the tools. 

Regarding the robe and the entrance, you are better off using the other Charlotte Flair entrance in the game which doesn't have the robe removal animation. The 2k17 entrance which has ID 296. Its not selectable for Charlotte in game so youll have to assign it ion data Editor.

One issue with the Robe attire pac you will probably find out is the hair in the mod will glitch through it. The Developers used two hair objects in the original ch pac, one will load when she wears the robe and the other after she removes it. In this case, if you want to use the Robe, the hair will have to be changed to the old one.

• Like 1

EDIT: I have actually got the robe to work! Not many hair clipping issues either tbh. However, the robe is just black and looks like a base 3D model. How do I add the actual textures back?

Edited by wdt92
Fixed Issue with Robe Import
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, wdt92 said:

EDIT: I have actually got the robe to work! Not many hair clipping issues either tbh. However, the robe is just black and looks like a base 3D model. How do I add the actual textures back?

The textures for the character mod are in the 000A.’dat file. 
First you have to extract all the textures from the 000A. You can do this with 2KM arc. Open the texture archive and extract all to a folder.

The textures for the default character models are in the tx files you see in the pac\ch folder.The 61204.tx  or 61202.tx file will contain the textures for the Jacket.

open the original ch pac with the robe using 2KM arc, select the 0014 file, right click and you should add an option with extract textures, if then asks you where you want to save them and which folder contains the texture archive . You select the pac\ch folder.

All the textures for the ch61204 are extracted and saved in a folder including those for the jacket. You need to copy the jacket texture files and paste them in the folder with the extracted textures for the Charlotte mod, rebuild a new texture archive 000A , then rebuild a new ch pac with the new 000A and the other files for the mod.

• Thanks 1

Sorry for the double post, however I ended up overloaded with work and haven't been able to come back to this until now. I also haven't found the answer from a Google search besides linking back to X-REY and X-PACKER.

Unlike most mods I have access to the actual 000A file is not a DAT file, but a ZLIB file. I figured out that was a library file from tests then realized it was related to the X-PACKER / X-REY tool from the Google search. Unfortunately, I cannot afford it atm. I have actually extracted the DAT file from it by using PAC Editor (ARC wants to make them all BIN files for some reason). However, I have nothing to open the DAT file with as is to extract the textures. All the tools I currently have open either PAC files or like WrestleMinus (it gives a question mark on the DAT file).

Is there a tool that anyone knows that opens straight DAT files so I can edit the textures and reinsert them? Thanks!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wdt92 said:

Sorry for the double post, however I ended up overloaded with work and haven't been able to come back to this until now. I also haven't found the answer from a Google search besides linking back to X-REY and X-PACKER.

Unlike most mods I have access to the actual 000A file is not a DAT file, but a ZLIB file. I figured out that was a library file from tests then realized it was related to the X-PACKER / X-REY tool from the Google search. Unfortunately, I cannot afford it atm. I have actually extracted the DAT file from it by using PAC Editor (ARC wants to make them all BIN files for some reason). However, I have nothing to open the DAT file with as is to extract the textures. All the tools I currently have open either PAC files or like WrestleMinus (it gives a question mark on the DAT file).

Is there a tool that anyone knows that opens straight DAT files so I can edit the textures and reinsert them? Thanks!

Hi,

2KM arc can open the texture archive with . dat extension and extract the textures and rebuild a new texture archive. Have you tried this ?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, BlindedByTheGrace said:

Hi,

2KM arc can open the texture archive with . dat extension and extract the textures and rebuild a new texture archive. Have you tried this ?

I have. It says with the Texture Archive when I try to open the DAT file in a pop-up that "All Textures Must be in DDS format." The entire program then freezes and I have to end the task to close it.

34 minutes ago, wdt92 said:

I have. It says with the Texture Archive when I try to open the DAT file in a pop-up that "All Textures Must be in DDS format." The entire program then freezes and I have to end the task to close it.

That's an issue you will encounter with a lot of 000A texture archive from modded ch pac files. From experience, Only X-packer will open and extract textures from all custom 000A files.

The Charlotte mod file have a custom 000A which has been created using XPacker or 2km arc. This has to be decompressed and you have to rebuild a new texture archive not reinject.

2kmarc can extract the jacket textures from Charlotte's original ch pac, but without being able to open the modded Charlotte textures, there is nothing you can do without using a paid tool like x-packer. A major reason modders who intend to work extensively with textures eventually purchase it.

Maybe you will have to ask a modder with the tool if they can help with extracting the textures.

Edited by BlindedByTheGrace
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, BlindedByTheGrace said:

That's an issue you will encounter with a lot of 000A texture archive from modded ch pac files. From experience, Only X-packer will open and extract textures from all custom 000A files.

The Charlotte mod file have a custom 000A which has been created using XPacker or 2km arc. This has to be decompressed and you have to rebuild a new texture archive not reinject.

2kmarc can extract the jacket textures from Charlotte's original ch pac, but without being able to open the modded Charlotte textures, there is nothing you can do without using a paid tool like x-packer. A major reason modders who intend to work extensively with textures eventually purchase it.

Maybe you will have to ask a modder with the tool if they can help with extracting the textures.

I see. That's disheartening. I was hoping to be able to fix it myself to not have to bog anyone else down after I learned how it worked.

I will put this on the Mod Request forum and hopefully someone will feel up to it. I really appreciate your help! :)