How can I replace referees?

Neiogeo

I have a few referee mods an I want to use them all, the problem is, they all replace the world class referee. Is there any way I can use any of the other refs? I already tried renaming the file, and it doesn't work - it just overwrites the ref and causes a crash.

I'd appreciate any help.

25500 Standard Referee 1 
25510 Old School Referee 2 
25520 Old School Referee 1 
25530 Aubrey Edwards (AEW) (I replaced the ref, and can't remember the original)
25540 Standard Referee 2 
25550 Standard Referee 3 
25560 Jessika Carr (NXT) (I replaced the ref, and can't remember the original)
25570 Mike Chioda (WWE) (I replaced the ref, and can't remember the original)
25580 Standard Referee 4 
25590 Japanese Referee

It's kind of like an alternate attire type thing. You will see the 25500 in CCT, but you can add the others 10,20,30 to the CCT. That's what I did. 

Edited by CuddlyCorey
more info
  • Like 1

On 11/3/2021 at 2:23 AM, CuddlyCorey said:

25500 Standard Referee 1 
25510 Old School Referee 2 
25520 Old School Referee 1 
25530 Aubrey Edwards (AEW) (I replaced the ref, and can't remember the original)
25540 Standard Referee 2 
25550 Standard Referee 3 
25560 Jessika Carr (NXT) (I replaced the ref, and can't remember the original)
25570 Mike Chioda (WWE) (I replaced the ref, and can't remember the original)
25580 Standard Referee 4 
25590 Japanese Referee

It's kind of like an alternate attire type thing. You will see the 25500 in CCT, but you can add the others 10,20,30 to the CCT. That's what I did. 

Hi! Thank you for the info! I tried this a couple of times, and found that, for some reason, none of the skins I installed through CCT worked, an everyone was the World Class Referee...I did use this as  base, btw.

30 minutes ago, CuddlyCorey said:

Don't install using CCT. Just put the .ch file right into the pac/ch folder. 

If I do that, the skins overwrite each other. I tried renaming too, and my game crashes. One thing though - If I install each skin as a attire in CCT like you mentioned earlier, it renames the refs, but the names don't match. 

But I'll try again and let you know.

If your ch is for example ch25520.pac, make sure it's actually "pointing" to that character. 

Maybe open the pac in pac editor (HxD) and scroll down a bit. You should see something like this: CeYWWOF.png

So, just make sure it's correct with what you have the file name as. If not, change it. 

Edited by CuddlyCorey
correction

On 11/8/2021 at 12:30 PM, CuddlyCorey said:

If your ch is for example ch25520.pac, make sure it's actually "pointing" to that character. 

Maybe open the pac in pac editor (HxD) and scroll down a bit. You should see something like this: CeYWWOF.png

So, just make sure it's correct with what you have the file name as. If not, change it. 

Interesting. I hadn't tried that. So would I basically rename the .pac file name with the corresponding referee filename .pac in the hex editor and that should fix the issue?

2 hours ago, Neiogeo said:

Interesting. I hadn't tried that. So would I basically rename the .pac file name with the corresponding referee filename .pac in the hex editor and that should fix the issue?

you can name the .pac file ANYTHING you want. You can call it blahblahblah.pac if you want. 

What matters is that the .pac itself 'points' to the right place. So, inside the .pac file, like my example... the ch file ch25520.pac 'points' to slot 25520. 

Sometimes, when you download .pac files, the modder will use a generic one, or sometimes just create their own. Sometimes, they use the correct one. It depends. I ALWAYS open it up in pac editor, just to make sure. 

Also, name the pac file so you can keep track of it, accordingly. I leave it as the slot id. Easier to find it. Some name them like ch10002_TheRock.pac if you want? But, basically name it anything. 

Edited by CuddlyCorey
add