Different Mods on Different Installs

joemods

Hey, I have WWE 2k19 installed on two different computers, but associated with the same Steam user profile. 

One install is heavily modded, which seems to have created empty wrestler slots on the other install. I've not removed the Steam cloud sync (which I think was causing that) and am wondering if I am able to have two separate mod builds on two separate computers.

Ideally, I'd like my currently modded roster, with legit wrestlers, and then another that is filled with some of the goofier mod creations. Does anyone know if this is possible, or is there some kind of syncing that takes place that can't be stopped? I'd like to hear from someone on this before I attempt myself and possibly screw up what has been hours of modding on the original install.

Any info is helpful, thank you!

Yes, but you have to disable cloud sync (you can have the sync enabled for one computer if you want), otherwise the save games will be synced and thus all the save data (which includes .pofo.moveset.team_info etc..). Then you just create a new save on the other computer.

In theory you could even have two (or more) differently modded versions on the same PC, you'd just have to either rename the game and save directory every time, use links, etc.. And of course keep the cloud sync off as well.

I have wwe 2k19 modded on my hard drive but would like to mod a second version of the game on my external hard drive just wondering if its possible to mod the game a second time under an external hard drive but the same steam account.

On 9/10/2021 at 8:36 PM, Cave Waverider said:

Yes, but you have to disable cloud sync (you can have the sync enabled for one computer if you want), otherwise the save games will be synced and thus all the save data (which includes .pofo.moveset.team_info etc..). Then you just create a new save on the other computer.

In theory you could even have two differently modded versions on the same PC, you'd just have to either rename the game and save directory every time, use links, etc.. And of course keep the cloud sync off as well.

This sounds cool looking to do something like this myself. I definitely want to install the two modded versions on the same computer. I already have one modded version on my main hard drive and would like to install another version that i can mod from scratch on my external hard drive. How would I actually go about doing this though. Could you go into more detail about what else it entails. What do you mean by use links and etc.

• 4 months later...

Sorry to dredge this topic back up but I did just want to confirm what @Cave Waverider said above!

It's definitely doable to have multiple modded builds of 2k19, so for anyone finding this topic in the future, just follow the advice above and you'll be good! It's actually pretty darn easy too :)

• Like 2