Starting a 2nd instance of my game

eggman718

I'd like to start a 2nd instance of my game so I can install different arenas and stuff. If I copy all of my folders and run the exe, will it include all my mods with it? Or will those be lost and I'll have to install them all again on the 2nd instance?

Also, I've installed arena mods over the entire game. Is there a way to go back to the original arenas? Really I want to know which vanilla folders i need to copy back to get the original arenas back.

Note that you can only run the game from the folder the game is installed in in Steam. So you'll either have to copy the folder over each time or better use mklink to create a Symbolic link in place of the game folder and change that to point at a different game folder every time.
Also be warned that if you move your game folder via the Steam interface, it'll re-verify all files and overwrite any potentially modded files with original ones.

12 hours ago, eggman718 said:

I'd like to start a 2nd instance of my game so I can install different arenas and stuff. If I copy all of my folders and run the exe, will it include all my mods with it? Or will those be lost and I'll have to install them all again on the 2nd instance?

If you copy the entire folder, it will include all the files from your mods (all the stuff that's injected into the memory like .pofo, .moveset, .team_info, etc.. is in the save game, however).

12 hours ago, eggman718 said:

I've installed arena mods over the entire game. Is there a way to go back to the original arenas? Really I want to know which vanilla folders i need to copy back to get the original arenas back.

If you were wise enough and have installed your arena mods in the \mods\Arena Mods\ folder or something like that, it should be easy to not copy that \Arena Mods\ folder over. Maybe there is also something in the \mods\Universal Alternate Attire Unlock\pac\root\misc01_start_p30.pac file as well (make sure to backup all your Alternate Attire settings for each slot into .attire_names files with Data Editor first if you want to keep them). Otherwise you'll have to see which mods you've installed and which files were included or which ones you had to modify (if the mod has a readme file things should be listed there) and then search for them inside your game folder. A misc04_arena.pac is a good start, but there may be other assets that are included in various mods.

• Thanks 1