TUTORIAL : UNLOCKING AJ STYLES GOLD WITHOUT PLAYING THE 2K MILLION DOLLAR TOWER

BlindedByTheGrace

Hi,

In this tutorial, I will show a way of unlocking the AJ Styles Gold slot and character without playing through the tower mode which is quite difficult to complete.

If you want to play the mode, there are ways around winning easily and one includes setting AJ Styles pofo attributes to max in the profile.dat file. This is the file Towers mode reads the superstars profile data from, not the pofo and moveset files injected .

This is the reason why changes made to the pofo and moveset will not reflect in the superstars pofo and moveset data in Towers mode.

Now to the main business.

We will be making a slight edit to the misc05_save.pac file located in the 2k19\pac\root folder using a Hex editor (HxD)

Ensure you have the hex editor Hxd installed on your PC or you wouldn't be able to edit the file. It is freeware .

1 .Open the misc05_save.pac file in the pac\root folder.

2. We need to know the character  ID for AJ Styles Gold . It is 717. You can look this up in CCT.

Convert 717 to Hex using the windows calculator set to Programmer mode. Alternatively you can use an online Hex converter

717 in hexadecimal is 2 CD. The bytes are flipped and written in the file as CD 02 

3. Perform a search using the Hex-Values tab and type in CD02. You will be looking for this data as I have outlined in this screenshot.

You will locate the offset (h) row 000A390 which I have highlighted.

q52Juw3.jpg

The bytes CD02 , 01 AND 1E I have highlighted need to be changed to zero.

Just type 00 over those values. Do not delete by pressing the backspace key when performing Hex editing. Type over the data values.

The screenshot below shows the same data with the values set to 00

1v2FDOh.jpg

Save in Hxd and close the file. Now launch your game

Here is the AJ Styles Gold character listed in EDIT SUPERSTARS MODE.

You will see some of the data is greyed out . This is a restriction placed by the developers elsewhere but it doesn't prevent the attributes from being edited in other modes.

You can edit the moveset, skills and abilities  , entrance and victory motions in the CREATE MOVESET, CREATE ENTRANCE AND CREATE VICTORY modes.

You can select and load the character in CC but I'm not sure any attires selected will be rendered as gold.

You can add attires in Exhibition but you will have to set the default attire when importing the pofo and moveset  into universe as you can't toggle attires.

These attributes also can't be edited in the Universe mode editor but you can play as the character in Universe .

cNEkI5t.jpg

You can either import the character into a new universe mode or export the pofo and moveset files and inject into the Universe mode tabs using CCT.

One thing I have observed is, if the AJ Styles Gold character is unlocked by playing beating the tower mode, the character isn't listed in any of the create modes .

That's all.

• Like 3
  • Too Sweet 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, alexandre faria said:

thank you squaredcirclefan as always you help a lot.Now I wanted to be able to use slots 482,501,502,503,504

Hi,

Can't these slots be unlocked by injecting  pofo and moveset files  ?

22 hours ago, squaredcirclefan said:

Oi,

Esses slots não podem ser desbloqueados pela injeção de arquivos pofo e moveset?

yes, but the mods installed in these slots does not work

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, alexandre faria said:

yes, but the mods installed in these slots does not work

Hi,

I ad a look at it . 

These slots can't be used for mods as the developers have placed an override which loads My Career characters on the slots 482 and 501-504.

You will see these slots have no character pac files so they are handled differently in the game. In a nutshell any of those slots without a character pac file can't be used for mods.

Edited by squaredcirclefan

13 minutes ago, squaredcirclefan said:

Oi,

Eu dou uma olhada nisso. 

Esses slots não podem ser usados para mods, pois os desenvolvedores colocaram um override que carrega os personagens My Career nos slots 482 e 501-504.

Você verá que esses slots não têm arquivos pac de caracteres, portanto, são tratados de forma diferente no jogo. Resumindo, qualquer um desses slots sem um arquivo pac de caracteres não pode ser usado para mods.

It's true, Cave Waverider talked about it and instructed us to use it as a manager, but for the incredible work that you believe you should find a gem, but I thank you for the attempt.

Just now, alexandre faria said:

É verdade, Cave Waverider falou sobre isso e nos instruiu a usá-lo como um gerente, mas pelo incrível trabalho que você acredita que deveria encontrar uma joia, mas agradeço a tentativa.

sorry for my Englis

2 minutes ago, j3trko said:

I Have Tested It And The Attires Are Indeed Rendered In Gold. The Sound Of Metal Is Just Cherry On Top. Awesome Work. 

Hi. Ill check out the attires. I like the sound of metal.

• Too Sweet 1

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
6 hours ago, BlindedByTheGrace said:

Hi. What did you do? I have tried it time and time again and works without any issues. 

I followed the directions. I opened that file in HxD, found the hex I was supposed to change to 00, I changed it, saved it, moved the bak file out of the folder, cleared the chunk, and when I loaded it up, I checked MyWWE and he wasnt listed.

6 hours ago, TheJStale said:

Eu segui as instruções. Abri aquele arquivo em HxD, encontrei o hex que deveria mudar para 00, mudei, salvei, movi o arquivo bak para fora da pasta, limpei o trecho e, quando o carreguei, verifiquei MyWWE e ele não estava listado.

have you installed pofo and moveset from slot 717?

13 hours ago, alexandre faria said:

have you installed pofo and moveset from slot 717?

Oh lol whoops. No i did not do that

EDIT: After installing  the pofo and moveset files, I got it to work 👍

Edited by TheJStale

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
19 hours ago, bigblackbigmac said:

Is there a way to still play the Million Dollar Tower? Since the servers closed, it doesn't show up anymore.

Hi,

There  isn’t as it’s an online tower mode. 

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...