Free DLC Bug

Ace Cashman

So it turns out that 2K20 on the PC is so buggy, certain DLC characters that have been reuploaded with alternate attires don't have the DLC requirements download lock in place. Because of that, I have managed to download Hulk Hogan in a custom Hollywood costume without needing to buy any DLC for the game. I've seen someone claim to have downloaded The Fiend as well because of this bug, though the one he downloaded was missing certain aesthetics that he had to go out and find piece by piece. So go ahead and look for some free DLC characters while you can. Think of it as an unintentional apology by 2K for releasing a broken game lol.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ace Cashman said:

So it turns out that 2K20 on the PC is so buggy, certain DLC characters that have been reuploaded with alternate attires don't have the DLC requirements download lock in place. Because of that, I have managed to download Hulk Hogan in a custom Hollywood costume without needing to buy any DLC for the game. I've seen someone claim to have downloaded The Fiend as well because of this bug, though the one he downloaded was missing certain aesthetics that he had to go out and find piece by piece. So go ahead and look for some free DLC characters while you can. Think of it as an unintentional apology by 2K for releasing a broken game lol.

You might be able to download attires but the DLC contains additional content you wouldn't be able to select like the movesets, entrance and victory motions, theme music etc

17 hours ago, squaredcirclefan said:

You might be able to download attires but the DLC contains additional content you wouldn't be able to select like the movesets, entrance and victory motions, theme music etc

Right, as long as I don't go in and try to edit Hogan, he retains whatever the uploader gave him. I had tested it when I went to create an entrance and saw that the Hogan motion was missing and automatically defaulted to Adam Cole so I backed out without saving so I wouldn't mess anything up. Crazy how the entrance and moveset work and don't glitch out the game considering I don't actually have the files downloaded in order to use them.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ace Cashman said:

Right, as long as I don't go in and try to edit Hogan, he retains whatever the uploader gave him. I had tested it when I went to create an entrance and saw that the Hogan motion was missing and automatically defaulted to Adam Cole so I backed out without saving so I wouldn't mess anything up. Crazy how the entrance and moveset work and don't glitch out the game considering I don't actually have the files downloaded in order to use them.

Correct. However if the Hogan entrance animation isn’t in your game files, it will default to Adam Cole or The Rock.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, squaredcirclefan said:

Correct. However if the Hogan entrance animation isn’t in your game files, it will default to Adam Cole or The Rock.

Yeah, interestingly enough whenever I went to advanced entrance and only edited the filter to where it's black and white like how the NwO entrance is supposed to be and stayed clear of the motion category, it didn't override Hogan's entrance. Strange stuff indeed 2K.

The advanced entrances are different from single entrances. The edits made in the advanced entrance menu only affect advanced entrance files which are separate in the game.

Hogan’s entrance is a ported entrance. The advanced entrance for Hollywood Hogan isn’t in 2k19 and wasn’t ported over. 
One of the Hollywood Hogan entrance files in Aznblusuazn’s thread is has monochrome effects.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, squaredcirclefan said:

The advanced entrances are different from single entrances. The edits made in the advanced entrance menu only affect advanced entrance files which are separate in the game.

Hogan’s entrance is a ported entrance. The advanced entrance for Hollywood Hogan isn’t in 2k19 and wasn’t ported over. 
One of the Hollywood Hogan entrance files in Aznblusuazn’s thread is has monochrome effects.

Yeah, whoever uploaded him is using the regular hogan entrance with some changes to it such as when he gets to the ramp he's doing another motion. They just kept the air guitar stuff in there. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ace Cashman said:

Yeah, whoever uploaded him is using the regular hogan entrance with some changes to it such as when he gets to the ramp he's doing another motion. They just kept the air guitar stuff in there. 

The Hogan motion file is not Modified. That’s how it is. The 2k15 motion and the 2k20 motion.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, squaredcirclefan said:

The Hogan motion file is not Modified. That’s how it is. The 2k15 motion and the 2k20 motion.

Right, they did advanced entrance and changed the entrance motion at certain points to to make him look more heel since all of his own motions make him look like a babyface

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ace Cashman said:

Right, they did advanced entrance and changed the entrance motion at certain points to to make him look more heel since all of his own motions make him look like a babyface

Which motion are you referring to ?

• Like 1

Just now, squaredcirclefan said:

Which motion are you referring to ?

Hulk Hogan’s. The ramp motion and in-ring motion got changed to a generic entrance, not sure of the exact names. The exiting the tunnel and stepping into the ring motions were left unchanged from Hulk's. 

That was probably set in the moveset file you are using. There is no advanced motion for Hulk Hogan in 2k19 so none of the advanced motions set can be Hogans. To know whose it was, you need to view the names of the motions used in the Advanced Entrance editor ingame.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, squaredcirclefan said:

That was probably set in the moveset file you are using. There is no advanced motion for Hulk Hogan in 2k19 so none of the advanced motions set can be Hogans. To know whose it was, you need to view the names of the motions used in the Advanced Entrance editor ingame.

I think I figured out the confusion between us lol, I'm playing 2k20, not 2k19

Edited by Ace Cashman
  • Like 1

Just now, Ace Cashman said:

I think I figured out the confusion between us lol, I'm playing 2k20, not 2k19

I thought so myself.

What's basically happening here is the entrance files will not load into the game. Unlike 2k19 and previous games, 2k20 uses the same file  for the Advanced entrances,

Since its a CAW basically, the ring entrance was probably changed by the uploader as the shirt rip doesn't work for CAW's.

Changes you make will not reflect as the entrance is not listed if  you don't have the DLC.

• Like 1

I thought so myself.

What's basically happening here is the entrance files will not load into the game. Unlike 2k19 and previous games, 2k20 uses the same file  for the Advanced entrances,

Since its a CAW basically, the ring entrance was probably changed by the uploader as the shirt rip doesn't work for CAW's.

Changes you make will not reflect as the entrance is not listed if  you don't have the DLC.

I'm still puzzled as to how 2K let that huge oversight happen. I wouldn't be opposed to them eventually patching it out if it also means fixing rest of the game. Just waiting a whole 60 seconds for the downloads section to pop up every time you enter the menu download something makes it almost not worth it.

well its not really the DLC when you don't have access to all the content.

Yeah, just managing to get any form of it is pretty absurd on 2K's part. 

• Like 1