Importing nameplate fonts from 2K18 - Quick guide

LordBarker

So this could be something people already know, but I didn't, and managed to get some decent results with it.

It's very simple to import older fonts. The  nameplates control the '@' handles of the superstar, so if you use the older nameplates as templates for new ones such as SummerSlam '88, hashtags don't appear. I assume these are controlled by the ATB file - eventually would be nice to know where exactly as I need to remove The Model Rick Martel's, anyway...

You just find a plate that you want to replicate the font from, let's say Bash at the Beach from 2K18. Open in in Pac Editor/X-packer and just extract the 002.ftpk. Now you can inject this into any 002 in a '19 nameplate and the font will display...BUT...because the ATB controls position, size etc. it must be similar. For example, the font below uses SummerSlam '13 nameplate as a base, that is white and straight, the BATB font is white and straight so it's a great match. Conversely the reason the WCW Saturday Night one looks quite large is because I thought the best match was Summerslam 88 as it's yellow and italicized, so you can see it actually uses the position of SS '88, but it's a pretty decent fit, but I will mess with it further.

Zi2YAzA.png

gmMF1io.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1