CREATE-A SHOW MOD TUTORIAL PART 1: ADDING CUSTOM SHOWS TO THE SHOWLOAD SELECTION MENU IN CREATE A SHOW

BlindedByTheGrace

Hi,

This tutorial covers adding custom shows, intro videos and logos for shows in the create-a show feature for use in universe mode. I will try to break this down as much as possible .

In part 1, I will be adding custom shows to the Showload tab without replacing.

The files you will need to modify are the showloadmenutable.pac and showloadtable.pac files.

Tool required. Pac Editor and HxD.

First before we start, lets talk briefly about the intro videos. These videos are located in the 2k19/movies/fullscreen folder. Here is a screenshot of a section of it's contents.

gPMmS3l.png

The file intro_0054_0_0.bk2 is the show intro for the retro smackdown show . The intro_0043_0_0.bk2 is the show intro for the Summerslam 88 show. These are based on the arena ID's. 

Summerslam 88 arena 's ID is 43 which is 2B in Hex.

If you had a custom show intro file in bk2 format, you could rename it as intro_0055_0_0.bk2 up till intro_0099_0_0.bk2. These are all unused. The ID 's will be 55 and 99 respectively. This will be the show intro ID , not the arena ID , since there aren't any arena's with those ID's.

What I will do is add four custom shows to the list. Two which were removed in 2k19 : Saturday Nights Main event and Great Balls Of Fire. Two custom shows : WCW Thunder and Summerslam 1990.

We will need to obtain the string names for the shows from the 2k19 string table. You can look in this sheet/table  by clicking on the string table button in Data editor.

We need to search for the string names for the shows

Saturday Nights Main event :41CA or 53C3. The show intro for Saturday Night's Main event is in the 2k18 folder (intro_0042_0_0.bk2) ID = 42 (2A in Hex)

Great Balls of Fire :4200. The show intro file for Great Balls of Fire is in the 2k18 fullscreen folder .( intro_0096_0_0.bk2) ID = 96 ( 60 in Hex)

WCW Thunder : 5363 . I will assign show intro ID 55 (37 in hex)

Summerslam '90 : 528E . I will assign show intro ID 56.(38 in hex)

Now we know the string names and the ID's we will use, we need to add them to the showloadmenutable and showloadtable files.

Decompress both files by placing both in a folder, open with Pac Editor.

We will edit the showloadmenutable first.

Look in the showloadmenutable / @3EF50BB3B084E309.pac folder created. You will find the file 00.dat. Open the file in a Hex Editor.

Here is a screenshot of a section of the file.

AMZKULz.png

Each entry is 28 bytes long ending in FF FF FF FF. looking at the bytes highlighted, the 13 is the entry number 12 is the showload number (its just one less than the previous number)

AF 41 is the string ID flipped (41 AF) If you search for 41 AF in the string sheet, this is the string ID for Wrestlemania 34.

The 0F Is Hex for 15 . This is the Show intro ID. The show intro video is the intro_0015_0_0.bk2 located in the movies/fullscreen folder. Hope its clear now.

What we need to do is add additional entries to this file. We will scroll down to the last entry on offset row 1A70. This is an entry in the ELEMENTS TAB. 

Offset(h) 00 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 0A 0B 0C 0D 0E 0F

00001A60  F1 00 00 00 A8 F9 03 00 F0 00 00 00 03 01 00 00  ñ...¨ù..ð.......
00001A70  01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 FF FF FF FF              ........ÿÿÿÿ

It's the same format as the previous example. The 01 in green here means it is placed in the ELEMENTS TAB. We won't be using this byte here. We will start from F2 . One thing you can do is highlight and copy the bytes from the first example and paste write it at offset 1A7C. here is the screenshot after adding all four entries.

uYdInH2.png

Remember if you are adding the string, you need to swap the bytes 53 63 will be 63 53, 41 CA will be CA 41.

Save and reinject the modified 00.dat file into the  showloadmenutable.pac.file.

NEXT we need to open the 00.dat file in the decompressed showloadtable.pac folder. Open the file in a hex editor. Here is a screenshot of a section of the file.

JpuxJM9.png

Each entry here is 16 bytes long .Offset Row 240 for instance represents the Summerslam 88 show. What you want to do is scroll down to offset F30 and start adding entries from there. You will see that last entry begins with F1. We will begin from F2. Each entry is added this way as highlighted in red. (overwriting)

ToRt334.png

Save the file and inject into the showloadtable.pac file. Copy both files back into the pac/ menu/createshow folder.

I have copied both the SNME intro and Great Balls of Fire Show  intro files from 2k18 and placed them in the movies/fullscreen folder.

Since the WCW Thunder and Summerslam 90 shows have no intro, I selected 2 title belt video files, placed both in the fullscreen folder and renamed as intro_0055_0_0.bk2 and intro_0056_0_0.bk2 respectively. When you restart your game, go to the Show Creation menu and select Show Load, you will see the following as shown below.

There are no logo's showing up yet. I will go through this in the second part of the tutorial.

Edited by squaredcirclefan
  • Like 9
  • Too Sweet 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Woo 1

Followed all your instructions over the various posts and got all the old arenas into 2k19 with the videos, transitions and logos.

Thanks to you, @HanleysFramer @hovathagod32 @LordJustice17 @WhereTheFdidTheEgo and others and thanks for making this for everyone.

To everyone trying for the first time, stick with it, you will eventually get it.

Edited by JManny
  • Like 4
  • Too Sweet 1

I'm about a month away from finishing a big 65 arena 80's pack. I made the Superstars, Georgia is by @LordJustice17 with a few tweaks.

Edited by JManny
REMOVED IMAGE - TINYPIC SHUT DOWN
  • Like 5
  • Woo 1

On 6/3/2019 at 1:38 AM, JManny said:

I'm about a month away from finishing a big 65 arena 80's pack. I made the Superstars, Georgia is by @LordJustice17 with a few tweaks.

i4l1u9.jpg

Love the Superstars Arena. Finally a classic Commentary table!! Question: Would it also work with just 2 commentators? I don't need t watch Vince sitting there, you know? :D

• Yes! 1

On 6/2/2019 at 7:38 PM, JManny said:

i4l1u9.jpg

Freaking amazing so far!

• Thanks 1