Alternate attire unlock not working

Grappler

I've tried unlocking attire for both regular ("official") and modded superstars several times now and nothing seems to be working. When I make and save the adjustments and then choose one of these characters the game simply asks me to select a manager and / or tells me that the character is ready, no option to select alternate attire ever shows up. Here's what I'm doing:

1. Drop in a chxxx12 file, confirmed correct ID in HxD

2. Open Data Editor and navigate to tools, select universal attire unlocker

3. Select wrestler ID slot (in this case Bret 97)

4. Select attire slot (in this case slot number 10)

5. Select number of attires to add (in this case 1)

6. Click "Apply attire unlock data"

7. Click "Save all data to misc_01 start pac file"

That's what I've done, yet nothing changes. I've even tried clearing and resetting the chunk files with CCT but still nothing. Am I missing a step or doing something wrong?

Try to switch 3. and 4. Also, there is no "Number of Attires to add". It's just Number of Attires that are unlocked. So 1 won't help you, you'll have to set it to 2, since you have two attires (one original, and the second modded one you're trying to add).

Otherwise, read through the Alternate Attire Unlocker Tutorials and see if following the steps there helps.

• Like 1

Thank you for your quick and well-clarified response. Your explanation makes perfect sense, it was the semantic misunderstanding that I was "adding" one attire rather than "unlocking" the total of two that made the difference. I tried again and got the option to change attires. The problem now is that the attire is the default model regardless of my choice, which I'm sure is just another error on my end.

EDIT: My apologies, I spoke too soon. I tried a second character and his alternate attire worked just fine so apparently there's just a problem with the attire of the first character. Not sure what, since the file name and hex are correctly structured to xxx12, but the results are what they are. I'll try to get it figured out. Thanks for your help!

EDIT 2: Yep, it turns out that the first character attire that I was trying to install WAS in fact messed up, seemingly straight from the download. I found a different copy of that specific attire, apparently reuploaded precisely because of this mistake, and that one worked perfectly. So I guess I'm set, thank you again for your help!

Edited by Grappler
  • Yes! 1