Custom Entrance Themes

Bisko

Now that 2K17 online has been taken off 2K is trying to make me upgrade to either XB1 or PS4 and the big reason I haven't already is because I like having the full experience of a match with full entrances, especially for NJPW and ROH.  Has anyone figured out a way to get custom themes onto the game through a mod or am I stuck on 2K17 for the foreseeable future until 2K and the system companies stop being petty?

On ‎6‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 3:23 AM, Bisko said:

Now that 2K17 online has been taken off 2K is trying to make me upgrade to either XB1 or PS4 and the big reason I haven't already is because I like having the full experience of a match with full entrances, especially for NJPW and ROH.  Has anyone figured out a way to get custom themes onto the game through a mod or am I stuck on 2K17 for the foreseeable future until 2K and the system companies stop being petty?

Xbox One and PS4 drives are heavily encrypted. Thus you can't really modify anything (including replaceing or adding entrance themes) unless you were to break the encryption (which isn't an easy feat even for experienced hackers) which would probably have to be done anew after any system update. If you really want to use mods in the new WWE 2k games, the PC version is the only option in the forseeable future.
On the PC you can replace entrance themes (including the miscellaneous ones) with Sound Editor, but there are limited slots for those. Alternatively, you can create a (long) ribbon tron with the entrance theme and assign it (with Data Editor) to play during the entrance and victory scenes of your wrestler - this workaround actually allows you to "add" as many themes as there are slots for trons, which there are a whole lot (way more than available wrestler slots).

As for using custom entrance themes on Xbox One and PS4, if 2k codes it in, it will work in future games (and yes, it's technically possible on both consoles). The only problem is convincing 2k to code that feature.

10 hours ago, Cave Waverider said:

Alternatively, you can create a ribbon tron with the entrance theme and assign it to play during the entrance and victory scenes of your wrestler - this workaround actually allows you to "add" as many themes as there are slots for trons, which there are a whole lot (way more than available wrestler slots).

i had no idea lol thanks for tidbit