Theory : Extracting CAWs into Mod Model

AznBlusuazn

Someone PM’d me about converting CAWs into models.  Initially I was like no but then I thought about it.  I wanted to share my thoughts:

While I don’t think there is a tool to where it can be directly done as far as pushing a pushing a button, in theory you could use Ninja Ripper to extract the model from an active session in game, this would pull all objs and all textures from the session, into a dump on your computer. From there, once you found the model, you could pull it apart, segment the parts, then load them up in a modeling program like blender, then take a regular model and shrink wrap it.  — same concept of why some modders do with the older games, TNA, NJPW mobile, etc.  Seems like a lot of work though, would rather just sculpt, but it could be done that way.

While I haven’t looked to far into it, I believe the CAS structure isn’t a traditional ch.pac format but rather a series of files that take parts from “edit” and form them into the model.  But there is a possibility the yobj format is sitting in memory.  I haven’t been able to find it  

If you can’t sculpt, using the ninja ripper method would be easier IMO, but still a lot of work.  If you can sculpt, sculpting would be easier 

Just putting this out there.  If anyone is interested, has some experience in ninja ripper, I’m open to testing or collobrating this idea.

This, however, doesn’t allow us to use CAW objects. :(  

Open to discussion or other thoughts.

Edit : It was brought to my attention that the initial post sounded like I came up with all the ideas.  To clarify, no, I was simply putting thoughts together early this morning.  My apologies for the “I” comments as I see how they came off. Although I have known about Ninja ripper for a while, it was introduced to me last year by Auday when he talked about using it for getting objects from mobile and emulated games.  Bannockburn has mentioned NR to the community in the past as well.  Shrinkwrapping was first introduced to me by ERI with tips by many others that have helped with different suggestions on how to improve them.  With all those credits out the way, I wanted to make it clear, the intention wasn’t to be a glory hog but to start a conversation and get folks with different talents to collaborate together. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1