WWE 2K17 Mods for XBOX 360 Preview

black_machismo

No problem, if I had a modded xbox360 I could potentially get it working but as I have no means of testing the file it's pure guess work. The PS3 eboot is easier to mod and remove files.

But it's just one of those things in modding some systems handle mods better than other systems.

Yup agree. Still thanks for the help.

It's just that hex editing or coding is not my strong suit hahaha. I saw one modder here who does some edits for this game. He might be able to help.

@UndertakerWLF i was able to make texture mods work without changing the arc files. I was helped by @jvitorsantos05 big credits to him.

His method of modding is the best and I think the only way to create custom textures. Only problem is that you can't add alternate attires for wrestlers since that needs ARC editing. For now I can live with that. Will try to explore if I could do the same with the DLC and update files so that I could change any wrestlers in the game. Here is a preview of Jericho with updated Tattoos. Credit to JulianBITW for his mod as I used his tattoo textures.

5bVGxyq.png

• Like 1
  • Too Sweet 1

5 hours ago, black_machismo said:

@UndertakerWLF i was able to make texture mods work without changing the arc files. I was helped by @jvitorsantos05 big credits to him.

His method of modding is the best and I think the only way to create custom textures. Only problem is that you can't add alternate attires for wrestlers since that needs ARC editing. For now I can live with that. Will try to explore if I could do the same with the DLC and update files so that I could change any wrestlers in the game. Here is a preview of Jericho with updated Tattoos. Credit to JulianBITW for his mod as I used his tattoo textures.

5bVGxyq.png

how did you add texture thats good job 

Thanks!! @UndertakerWLF agree sir, really glad @jvitorsantos05 provided a really great method. And it is a great start. Might see more mods for this game in the future.

@MKKHAN it is a bit tedious but once you get a hang of it, it will be a fun way to mod this game.

Here is the method provided to me by jvitorsantos05. Explained it further to help beginners understand.

1. Pick the Pac of the wrestler you want to mod. Decompress the pac file with xbdecompress.

2. Extract all or the (BPE) file you will edit with WrestleMinus/Xpacker/Pac Editor.

3. Find the DDS texture you want to edit. (ex. Color, normal, mask1, etc.) Edit it with your preferred image editing program. Then save it to the right DDS DXT format. Pick from DXT1, DXT3, etc. then select, save it with mipmap or none. This depends on the texture being edited. Usually No MipMaps for edited normal bump textures. Once saved, if the DDS file is larger than the original texture. Resize the texture to a lower pixel dimensions (you could remove about 10 pixels or more in width and height of the image).

4. Create a texture file with X-packer and select the DDS file you edited. (ex. Color.dds) name should be the same as the original texture pack. Save the pac with any name.

5. Using Pac Editor, select a dummy pac (any wrestler ch file) then inject the texture pac you created in X-packer as BPE. This will convert the Texture Pac as BPE file. Then Extract that file. Usually I inject the texture pack in the dummy pac's BPE, same as the BPE file I am editing. (For example if I am editing color.dds which is located in 000C.BPE, I will inject the texture pack there as BPE and then extract it.) Once you have your Texture pack converted and extracted as BPE. Get the original BPE file of the wrestler you are modding and compare the size of the new BPE File you have. (if the edited BPE becomes bigger than the original on the convert process you need to go back to step 3 and resize the image again to a smaller size).

6. Once you have completed Stage 5 and the edited BPE is now smaller than the original BPE, open both files in Hex Editor (Like HXD) then fill up the edited BPE with 00's in hex until it has the same size as the original. Once done save the new BPE file.

7. Replace the original BPE file with the modified one by injecting using X-packer/Pac Editor. The CHxxx.pac that was injected with the modified texture should have the same size as the original decompressed CHxxx.pac, if not the file will not work in game.

8. (Note: No need to recompress the pac file, which saves time) Then copy the new CH file to your Xbox360 WWE 2K17 proper ch directory. Then Load the game. (Always Back up your game files).

9. Enjoy the game with your modded texture. If the game crashes you need to do it again as you might have made a mistake in the steps above. If the texture does not load even if you did the steps correctly. You might have the latest title update file for the game installed in your XBOX360. Some Wrestlers have updated models that are loaded in the title update file of the game (best example is AJ Styles).

Also, Xenia Emulator can run WWE 2K17 but only until menus and some create modes. This could help if you can run this emulator on your PC to check if your mod works fine. If Xenia Crashes when loading the modded wrestler, it means you made a mistake in any of the steps provided. Thanks!

BTW tested creating multiple textures in one pac file using X-Packer and it was successful. Was able to edit the normal bump files and alpha channel of Braun Strowman to make his model bald in the game. Just do the same steps as provided above.

EV4Kfhx.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hey, I'm kinda new here, but does anyone here have the Season Pass for 2k17? I'd like to have someone copy and file share it so I'll have all the DLC files complete. The Season Pass is the only file I don't have. Thanks.

10 hours ago, black_machismo said:

Thanks!! @UndertakerWLF agree sir, really glad @jvitorsantos05 provided a really great method. And it is a great start. Might see more mods for this game in the future.

@MKKHAN it is a bit tedious but once you get a hang of it, it will be a fun way to mod this game.

Here is the method provided to me by jvitorsantos05. Explained it further to help beginners understand.

1. Pick the Pac of the wrestler you want to mod. Decompress the pac file with xbdecompress.

2. Extract all or the (BPE) file you will edit with WrestleMinus/Xpacker/Pac Editor.

3. Find the DDS texture you want to edit. (ex. Color, normal, mask1, etc.) Edit it with your preferred image editing program. Then save it to the right DDS DXT format. Pick from DXT1, DXT3, etc. then select, save it with mipmap or none. This depends on the texture being edited. Usually No MipMaps for edited normal bump textures. Once saved, if the DDS file is larger than the original texture. Resize the texture to a lower pixel dimensions (you could remove about 10 pixels or more in width and height of the image).

4. Create a texture file with X-packer and select the DDS file you edited. (ex. Color.dds) name should be the same as the original texture pack. Save the pac with any name.

5. Using Pac Editor, select a dummy pac (any wrestler ch file) then inject the texture pac you created in X-packer as BPE. This will convert the Texture Pac as BPE file. Then Extract that file. Usually I inject the texture pack in the dummy pac's BPE, same as the BPE file I am editing. (For example if I am editing color.dds which is located in 000C.BPE, I will inject the texture pack there as BPE and then extract it.) Once you have your Texture pack converted and extracted as BPE. Get the original BPE file of the wrestler you are modding and compare the size of the new BPE File you have. (if the edited BPE becomes bigger than the original on the convert process you need to go back to step 3 and resize the image again to a smaller size).

6. Once you have completed Stage 5 and the edited BPE is now smaller than the original BPE, open both files in Hex Editor (Like HXD) then fill up the edited BPE with 00's in hex until it has the same size as the original. Once done save the new BPE file.

7. Replace the original BPE file with the modified one by injecting using X-packer/Pac Editor. The CHxxx.pac that was injected with the modified texture should have the same size as the original decompressed CHxxx.pac, if not the file will not work in game.

8. (Note: No need to recompress the pac file, which saves time) Then copy the new CH file to your Xbox360 WWE 2K17 proper ch directory. Then Load the game. (Always Back up your game files).

9. Enjoy the game with your modded texture. If the game crashes you need to do it again as you might have made a mistake in the steps above. If the texture does not load even if you did the steps correctly. You might have the latest title update file for the game installed in your XBOX360. Some Wrestlers have updated models that are loaded in the title update file of the game (best example is AJ Styles).

Also, Xenia Emulator can run WWE 2K17 but only until menus and some create modes. This could help if you can run this emulator on your PC to check if your mod works fine. If Xenia Crashes when loading the modded wrestler, it means you made a mistake in any of the steps provided. Thanks!

BTW tested creating multiple textures in one pac file using X-Packer and it was successful. Was able to edit the normal bump files and alpha channel of Braun Strowman to make his model bald in the game. Just do the same steps as provided above.

EV4Kfhx.png

Thanks dude, i appreciate that i was able to help you on it!

• Too Sweet 1
  • Yes! 1

@jvitorsantos05 @UndertakerWLF you're both welcome. Both of you did great help.

@MKKHAN here is the Jericho CH.pac. Both Ring and entrance attire are modded only problem is that Jericho's jacket does not light up during entrance. Don't know why. Again credit to JulianBITW for the textures used.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/jqgyixha9uxb56b/Jericho_Tattoo_ch104.7z/file

@KJxbox Here you go.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/x4doxffpm580wce/WWE+2K17+Season+Pass+X360.7z/file

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/11/2020 at 5:13 AM, jvitorsantos05 said:

On 11/11/2020 at 5:13 AM, jvitorsantos05 said:

i did all what you say but after turn the game on and check my moded texture what i made for undertaker his skin color is totally pink  

AIOLw5u.png

ZfDLMZ1.png

Edited by MKKHAN

Is there a way to reduce bpe file size as you see I can fill the file size with 00 in hex to inject with same size to any Superstar but if I have a big file of yobj the hair or the model 0000 yobj file is there any way if this could be possible so I can import from wwe13/14/15/16 to 2k17

Edited by MKKHAN

@MKKHAN Looks great man. Regarding reducing the size of the BPE. I have no idea regarding that and I think it may cause an error if reducing is done.

I think it will only work if we could update .ARC files or able to edit the .XBE file to not read file sizes of the .PAC files.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...