Console Frame Rate

Robbie686

Hey guys.

So i have a standard Xbox one - When playing the game with anymore that 4 superstars its like playing a game in super slow motion - Frame rate is  absolutely poo!!

Was this game initially built around the Xbox one X graphics system - And does anybody know if this will be smooth on the xbox one X? 

I really don't get why they would release WWE 2K18 on the standard Xbox one console if its just going to have such a rubbish frame rate - Oh wait yes i do its so you go out and purchase a £450 xbox one X console :blush:

1 hour ago, GaryII said:

Hopefully they fix framerate issues in patch...

They use new engine for this year's game and its a unoptimized mess...  

It isn't really a new engine, just the same engine from likely PS2 days that have been used for many years with features that it wasn't remotely designed for tacked on. And it's unoptimized to boot. The series would do well with a complete reset with a flexible, modern game engine. That would likely take years, though, although perhaps that's already in the works by a separate team from the current series, who knows.

As for the original question, I'd assume it will run smoothly on the Xbox One X, since it does so on the PS4Pro and a decent PC as well. I guess we'll know for sure once people have played the game on the new console.

6 hours ago, DrJoeyMagnumRyan said:

I own the game on the bone and I've had zero issues with the game so far

Are you telling me that on your bog standard xbox one you have no problems with framerate / Slo-mo - Even when in an 8 man? :o

If that's the case then maybe my xbox is on its way out :/ - Seriously anything over 4 man is just like playing in slow motion its doing my head in.

Edited by Robbie686

This is the only game out of my hundreds of games that is having a frame rate issue. Just recently purchased Assassin's Creed: Origins, which is a brand new game, and I have no frame rate issues with that. Some people are having this problem while some people aren't. There's another topic posted here about having this issue on PC. People who have great PCs for that matter. 2K just needs to optimize the game so this isn't a problem on all consoles and PCs, which I hope they do because its ridiculous and shouldn't even be a frame rate issue in the first place. 

1 hour ago, TheBleedingRed21 said:

You honestly need a pro or Xbox X when it comes out. 

PS4 Pro is pretty great with 8 man matches. I’ve played several. 

Consoles are shit. PC is THE BOSS.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Lorddevil2 said:

Reading comprehension is THE BOSS. He asked about consoles, hence the thread title . I gave him the best options for consoles. Obviously PC is going to be superior.

On 10/27/2017 at 7:58 AM, Cave Waverider said:

It isn't really a new engine, just the same engine from likely PS2 days that have been used for many years with features that it wasn't remotely designed for tacked on. And it's unoptimized to boot. The series would do well with a complete reset with a flexible, modern game engine. That would likely take years, though, although perhaps that's already in the works by a separate team from the current series, who knows.

As for the original question, I'd assume it will run smoothly on the Xbox One X, since it does so on the PS4Pro and a decent PC as well. I guess we'll know for sure once people have played the game on the new console.

underrated post that i really wish people could understand.

i see it all the time "next gen is a brand new engine"....no you fools, it is not. 

I have the pc version running absolutely fine - Just drove me nuts that they would release this on xbox one knowing there would be frame rate issues.

pc same 80% of negative reviews on steam are because bad optimization on pc if you play it with 50 fps you will feel it worked slow and under than 30 fps because it have alot of frame drops to 20 fps , i hope they fix that

Edited by ahmedady

• 1 month later...
On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 7:58 AM, Cave Waverider said:

l let's just say it got an overhaul. i think i can compromise with that.

but no unless you want to lose the stuff we've gotten from 2k15 to now we'd get a repeat of 2k15 with stuff removed for no reason. unless they can design a new engine without sacrificing anything. And sadly the only way that would work would be to get more dev time from wwe and go on a 2 year release plan

but yeah i'm on the pro and the game runs fine. its probably the same with x1x as well. 

On ‎10‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 10:54 PM, XHP Kayne said:

underrated post that i really wish people could understand.

i see it all the time "next gen is a brand new engine"....no you fools, it is not. 

maybe not a new engine per se but as far as the gameplay goes everything is new. stamina, chain grappling manager interactions. yes the actual grappling is the same but i really don't see how it could be any different. unless you go the WCW Nitro route lol

i know people want the reversals into reversals thing from allstars/tna impact which i definitely wouldn't mind. i hate hitting a major reversal and not being able to follow up. 

like i said it's more of innovation over innovation cause people keep asking for new stuff. if they were to demand a new engine we'd probably get it but also get a repeat of 2k15... Wanna have everything removed and for them to spend the next 2 years saying "Oh we're building a foundation" lol 

i agree we actually need a new engine the foundation needs to be redone but as far as how that foundation can be done i have no idea.  I don't like the concept of fire pro, 5 star wrestling sucked, and i never played Day of reckoning long enough to know what people saw in that other than the story mode. so yeah. all i see is "add this, add that, remove that, let us do this let us do that" 

maybe if the community could actually get on the same page and not argue all the time we might be able to get some things accomplished.  If i were running 2k i'd definitely look into developing a brand new engine from scratch, fire yukes cause they have lost their edge, but that takes time and the only way to actually get this stuff implemented is if they were to get more dev time from WWE.  I think they shouldn't have added in 8 men matches so soon

On ‎10‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 11:36 PM, Lorddevil2 said:

no one in here asked you about the pc. you coming in here trying to bait people.