WWE 2K18 CRASHING at the START

Olive

Mine is crashing too at the startup, right at the "Don't do this at home"..

I'm on PC, I already redownloaded the game 3 times, tried to force it to do some updates, already checked drivers and everything.. can't find any solution.

Looks like we have to wait for a Patch..

The game is riddled with bugs. To name just a few. Face paint comes off of Goldust, Demon Fin Balor, Sting 88, Wolfpac Sting, and the Ascension tag team in a Human vs AI match, however, in an AI vs AI match it doesn't. Also Steel Cage matches crash the game for me everytime. Imo it seems the PC port of the game is riddled with bugs and has been rushed out early unlike with previous years versions.

I guess we will have to wait for a patch on certain stuff but yea for the time being its full of bugs. The game is still playable for me though. It seems your bug is far worse and you can't even get into game.Hopefully, for your sake, they quickly patch the game to iron out the (some) bugs.

Goon3r73 just a heads up, at the moment booth WWE 2k18 and NBA 2k18 are having major issues.  Normally that would not effect anything, but NBA 2k18 has only been out for a little over a month, meaning that they are most likely focusing are that title, as they are still trying to work the glitches out of that title.  I hope that the patch for WWE 2k18 is going to be up soon, but at the moment I am not holding my breath, and may decide to get my money back from steam.  Would be nice if the game developers stopped with patches, and just focused on finishing the game before it hits shelves.

I totally agree with you. I also have NBA 2k18 and yes it is riddled with glitches etc. I honestly wish they would stop with the yearly releases and concentrate on making a bloody good game which is released say every 2 years or so. But unfortunately there are folk out there (ourselves included) who will pay every year for a game that is half finished and then rely on the Devs creating patches to fix things.

By the time they fix everything it is nearly time for the next years release anyway, so yea I agree with you but it won't change a thing.

On 10/22/2017 at 5:46 AM, DarkAMD said:

Mine is crashing too at the startup, right at the "Don't do this at home"..

I'm on PC, I already redownloaded the game 3 times, tried to force it to do some updates, already checked drivers and everything.. can't find any solution.

Looks like we have to wait for a Patch..

when you redownloaded the game did you completely empty the wwe 2k18 folder first?

I found it hanging on the don't try this at home when there was a difference between the cache0.arc file and the files in the folder.  (this is part of modding where we have to empty this file to get the game to run however it creates loading times of sometimes past 10 minutes at the start.)

1 hour ago, pozzum said:

when you redownloaded the game did you completely empty the wwe 2k18 folder first?

I found it hanging on the don't try this at home when there was a difference between the cache0.arc file and the files in the folder.  (this is part of modding where we have to empty this file to get the game to run however it creates loading times of sometimes past 10 minutes at the start.)

Hey Pozzum, is it worth to get the game this year? I keep reading lots of terrible things ( PC wise ) . Should I hold onto say if they fix things + sales or just get into it now? 2K17 was fine IMO, so, is it that broken in game?

10 minutes ago, esbatmusic said:

Hey Pozzum, is it worth to get the game this year? I keep reading lots of terrible things ( PC wise ) . Should I hold onto say if they fix things + sales or just get into it now? 2K17 was fine IMO, so, is it that broken in game?

I haven't had many issues yet, 8 man is absolutely a must by to me at least, however I am having some slight performance problems, not quite able to maintain that 60fps 1080p, more like 50fps.  if your rig is underpowered for 2k17 it will likely have a hard time with 2k18.  IF anyone is on the edge I usually suggest buying the game and testing it for an hour or so.  You will still be able to return it if you are unhappy with how it runs or if you run into crashes.

1 minute ago, pozzum said:

I haven't had many issues yet, 8 man is absolutely a must by to me at least, however I am having some slight performance problems, not quite able to maintain that 60fps 1080p, more like 50fps.  if your rig is underpowered for 2k17 it will likely have a hard time with 2k18.  IF anyone is on the edge I usually suggest buying the game and testing it for an hour or so.  You will still be able to return it if you are unhappy with how it runs or if you run into crashes.

True, can always return it. I don't have my PC at the moment (which used to be a beast) but I was fearing more on how it could be truly glitch and bug filled as plenty of people seem to point at. 8 man tag with mods sounds like heaven to me.

2 minutes ago, esbatmusic said:

True, can always return it. I don't have my PC at the moment (which used to be a beast) but I was fearing more on how it could be truly glitch and bug filled as plenty of people seem to point at. 8 man tag with mods sounds like heaven to me.

If you can handle the bugs in the other games I'm sure you can handle the bugs in this one.

Just now, pozzum said:

If you can handle the bugs in the other games I'm sure you can handle the bugs in this one.

easily, I loved 2K17. I'm sure they'll patch things out eventually, at least a tiny bit.

Just don't try a cage match. Well for me anyway, the game freezes and I have to control, alt, del every time and restart. So for now cage matches are a no go for me.

@pozzum clearing of the chunk file so as to use mods, you were saying this is creating upwards of a 10 minute load time. Is this just initially on first load up after booting up the PC? Or is this each time you boot up the game? 

15 hours ago, pozzum said:

Yep ! I least I think so. I'll try again, making absolutly sure I did completely empty it.. nothing to lose since I can't play ahah

16 hours ago, Goon3r73 said:

Just don't try a cage match. Well for me anyway, the game freezes and I have to control, alt, del every time and restart. So for now cage matches are a no go for me.

@pozzum clearing of the chunk file so as to use mods, you were saying this is creating upwards of a 10 minute load time. Is this just initially on first load up after booting up the PC? Or is this each time you boot up the game? 

First Time after you boot the PC

1 hour ago, DarkAMD said:

Changed processor and it works !

What kind of Processor did you have before and what did you change it to?