Sound Editor 2018 [Released: Version 1.4.1]

TheVisitorX

1 minute ago, TheVisitorX said:

If you press p to play the song, that does not necessarily mean that, if it works, it will also work in the game. There are many duplicates in the sound archives. And the name of the files was created by the community. It does not come directly from the game or from any game database. Therefore, it is always possible that sometimes a file was named incorrectly.

I see. No worries, 1 out of 500 or so files isn't a bad track record. Just strange that it played Braun's music.

7 hours ago, THEpaynexkiller said:

Can't find any others named Braun, though his theme would play when I'd press P. Yet when I replace it, it plays in the Sound Editor but in game in remains unchanged. All of the others seem to have changed successfully. Wonder if anyone else has had this problem. 

/ so there's a file that's been changed, but it's not Brauns theme. Weird. 

Did you really check all the other .pck archives as @TheVisitorX instructed? For example, Braun Strowman's theme is also in day1_patch_music.pck, did you try to change that and see if it works? If that doesn't work, look in the later patch files. The files in the patches override the ones in the regular .pck files, they are the fixed versions. The newer the patch, the higher the priority.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Cave Waverider said:

Did you really check all the other .pck archives as @TheVisitorX instructed? For example, Braun Strowman's theme is also in day1_patch_music.pck, did you try to change that and see if it works? If that doesn't work, look in the later patch files. The files in the patches override the ones in the regular .pck files, they are the fixed versions. The newer the patch, the higher the priority.

Despite S.E saying the file had been replaced, it seemed that was the one that finally did it. Thanks for your response. 

Thank you VistorX it's awesome.I was wondering if you or anybody knows if there's a mod or a program to import videos to make custom titantrons.I've seen people post some on youtube with caws like there's one with the Road Warrriors.

7 hours ago, mr.blackwell said:

Thank you VistorX it's awesome.I was wondering if you or anybody knows if there's a mod or a program to import videos to make custom titantrons.I've seen people post some on youtube with caws like there's one with the Road Warrriors.

You can make your own titantrons. Convert your videos with Rad Video tools to bink (bk2). But make sure that they have the right export options set.

Does anybdoy know, by any chance, where exactly are the strike sound effects at? I was trying to find them in sfx_m but there is just a ton of pyro effects.

I'm looking to replace the weak sound that was given to some of the new knee strikes/kicks (like Aleister's Bicycle Knee Strike or the Johnny Gargano Superkick) with the old, loud one (for example Superkick 7).

Edited by Unelith

The tool not working i remove it.

I became this.

File 0 conversion to wem failed.Please check your Wwise setting.

Teh setting are hood.

What i make wrong please give a tutorial.

11 hours ago, Kane3000 said:

The tool not working i remove it.

I became this.

File 0 conversion to wem failed.Please check your Wwise setting.

Teh setting are hood.

What i make wrong please give a tutorial.

You should read the whole thread instead of posting a problem which has been discussed several times with a working solution. If you do not bother to read the posts, a tutorial also wouldn't help.

Edited by TheVisitorX

23 minutes ago, marius blasco said:

i like this sound editor

Thanks! :)

6 hours ago, valandrill said:

just to be clear,

to replace the menu music, i need to change the soundtrack_m.pck right?

i applied the fix, and tried to change the music. Still not working

game_mode_m.pck is the right file for the menu soundtracks!

Edited by TheVisitorX
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, ahmedmedo07 said:

so is there any idea to make wwe2k17 wems work on 2k18 ?

It is not possible due to changes in the internal structure. IMHO there is no way to "upgrade" older wem files to work with the current version. But it would be possible to extract the audio stream from older wem files and convert it to ogg and then back to wem with the current Wwise version. But that is more or less a workaround.

Edited by TheVisitorX

Just a heads up -- I have been going through the Ring Announcer sound file (ra_m.pck) and typing the words for every sound file.  There is literally 9000 lines of audio and I'm about half way through!  My intention is to make it easy for us all to replace Jo Jo with The Fink (or yourself, or whoever).  This comes in really handy when replacing an existing character in the game with a modded character if you want them properly announced as they come to the ring, etc...

For some reason, hundreds of lines are copies of the exact same sound clip (usually stuff like, "And introducing the challengers, first"), but once they're all indexed, it can be sorted alphabetically and searched and then simply replace all instances of the name or line that you want to swap.

@TheVisitorX I sent a PM, but please let me know how to provide you with the completed custom_data.xml file to include in the main program for others to use.  Thanks!

Edited by TheKreator
  • Like 1

Ok, I'm about 85% complete but I'm getting carpal tunnel and my brain is melting listening to Jo Jo's voice!  But here's a link the current version of my custom_data.xml file (renamed progressively as I've been working through it.)

Google Drive Download (custom_data_021318_04.xml)

Also, maybe because there's so much text, or maybe because I used some punctuation, but if you try to sort by the Name column, it gives an error.  I've been sorting by the Size column and working my way from top down mostly, then bottom up.  Little bit left in the middle to go.

(EDIT:  If anyone else wants to try this, be sure to back up your existing custom_data.xml and then rename this file and put it in its place.)

Edited by TheKreator
  • Like 1

@TheKreator Sorry for my late response, but I was really busy the last days. Thank you very much for taking the time to go through all of that files. It must be a pain to categorize them all. By the way: "Sort by name column" is working fine here - without any errors! You have added a lot of the names, which is really helpful, at least for people like me who don't like Jo Jo's voice! Maybe you could add a donation link if anyone wants to support your work?! I will merge your files ASAP and add them to the data.xml when the sorting error has been detected. I don't have that error, but maybe someone else could also test your files and let me know if the sorting is working. If you need any further help, please let me know and I will try my best to support or contribute to your work.

By the way, there was a "sound id helper tool" in previous versions which shows you the id of the sound currently playing. I have removed that feature, because I couldn't detect the new memory offsets to get that information. Maybe I could take a closer look and possibly implement the feature in an update again.

Edited by TheVisitorX
  • Thanks 1

I can't say more, because I have not enough information but what I can tell you is that your Wwise version is not correct. Please don't use that version, use Wwise 2017.1.2.6361, which comes with SE.  The current version does not work with the sound converter tool! What do you mean with "nothing happens"? No output? No success or error messages? Do you have any blocking security tools installed?

23 minutes ago, KiD97year said:

TheVisitorX No error message,i not have security tool, and i tried to do this with 2017.1.2.6361 and nothing and what is se ?

Sound Editor ;).

6 hours ago, TheVisitorX said:

@TheKreator Sorry for my late response, but I was really busy the last days. Thank you very much for taking the time to go through all of that files. It must be a pain to categorize them all. By the way: "Sort by name column" is working fine here - without any errors! You have added a lot of the names, which is really helpful, at least for people like me who don't like Jo Jo's voice! Maybe you could add a donation link if anyone wants to support your work?! I will merge your files ASAP and add them to the data.xml when the sorting error has been detected. I don't have that error, but maybe someone else could also test your files and let me know if the sorting is working. If you need any further help, please let me know and I will try my best to support or contribute to your work.

By the way, there was a "sound id helper tool" in previous versions which shows you the id of the sound currently playing. I have removed that feature, because I couldn't detect the new memory offsets to get that information. Maybe I could take a closer look and possibly implement the feature in an update again.

I restarted the software today and no longer get the error/crash when sorting by Name!  So glad it wasn't due to anything I had added in the text fields.  The list looks so nice sorted alphabetically, and will be easier to see the few slots left to fill in.  (I'll work on those later today and have this file complete!)

As tedious as this is, I think it's going to be super useful for everyone who really wants to get into sound modding in depth.  I don't know if I have the strength to caption all the commentary, but I may take a stab at some of the custom commentary scenarios for each wrestler.  At best, it would allow easier export/import of certain characters' custom commentary over other slots that might be replaced by a mod, for example.  And maybe if we could pull audio from prior games for wrestlers not included in 2K18, those could be imported back in (Hogan for example).