WWE 2K18 WWE2KDev Spotlight Episode 7: Creation Suite

down16

I wonder in creation suite you can still import you face. Im gonna enjoy all of these moves, I might even make a custom universe and use these moves for caws.

8 minutes ago, Mizalike said:

I wonder in creation suite you can still import you face. Im gonna enjoy all of these moves, I might even make a custom universe and use these moves for caws.

Why would they remove that option?

8 minutes ago, Mr.DickDan said:

Yay no more logo blurring.

I wonder if it works for tattoos also. He said the option is available for clothing but before he use the wrap option, the logo still faded.

33 minutes ago, mrblacksheep said:

I wonder if it works for tattoos also. He said the option is available for clothing but before he use the wrap option, the logo still faded.

I thought they were showing an example of how it used to work, before switching to how it works now. 

1 hour ago, Mizalike said:

re-watch the video

Moves list looks surprisingly good. I like that they keep adding "smaller" moves like headlocks, leglocks, moves to arm, etc. And finally some corner knee strikes. Saw a few Shelton Benjamin moves in there(knee strike, superkick, powerslam re-animation) which makes me think he was part of the original roster plans.

Wonder what the "move modifier" thing is? Saw it under some moves.

Awesome! Tag Team Ladder/TLC matches are finally in again (see the Custom Matches section at 5:13 of the video)! :D

Sadly it looks like there are no 3 on 3, 4 on 4, 2 on 2 on 2, 2 on 2 on 2 on 2 Tag Team Ladder/TLC or Tables Matches, though. 8 person matches are generally rather limited with three types (Tag, Ladder, Battle Royale). :( 

Hopefully we can also set the elimination rule for Tag Team tables and other tables matches.

Old School Blue Steel Cage (along with Black Attitude Era version and modern "chicken fence" variant) is back. too! :)

3 hours ago, mrblacksheep said:

Why would they remove that option?

I dunno it was a question I watched the video I didn't see so I thought I asked bro.

2 hours ago, ichiban Rooster said:

re-watch the video

I did I didn't the option cause my video on my iPad was pixelated so I thought I asked. People need to calm down its just a question by the way this ain't aimed at you. 

Seems like a lot of new stuff has been added; I also love the fact that "first blood matches" r back!!!

As we learned earlier they also changed the "movement" of superstars.

This brings me to the question: Will we still be able to insert superstars from previous games (PC version)???

Any thoughts?

1 hour ago, Sickboy said:

Seems like a lot of new stuff has been added; I also love the fact that "first blood matches" r back!!!

As we learned earlier they also changed the "movement" of superstars.

This brings me to the question: Will we still be able to insert superstars from previous games (PC version)???

Any thoughts?

it's not a first blood match type more like a first blood option.  but atleast that's back. in fact we have everything back that we lost in the transition from 2k14 - 2k15. all we need now is inferno, i quit, special ref, and fatal 5 way matches

2 hours ago, Mizalike said:

I dunno it was a question I watched the video I didn't see so I thought I asked bro.

I did I didn't the option cause my video on my iPad was pixelated so I thought I asked. People need to calm down its just a question by the way this ain't aimed at you. 

DKXJQaPWAAYKHNn.jpg

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ first thing you see, just trying to help

4 hours ago, AgeofSandow said:

Moves list looks surprisingly good. I like that they keep adding "smaller" moves like headlocks, leglocks, moves to arm, etc. And finally some corner knee strikes. Saw a few Shelton Benjamin moves in there(knee strike, superkick, powerslam re-animation) which makes me think he was part of the original roster plans.

Wonder what the "move modifier" thing is? Saw it under some moves.

i don't think that was shelton's powerslam since shelton's powerslam was actually a t-bone into a powerslam pin which was removed for only god knows why reasons

BUT.. i think he was originally planned or atleast name-dropped when 2k submitted their roster list to wwe.  it could be possible somehow he makes dlc though. (stranger and more out of left field things have happened)

So many awesome move additions, still a ton left out. 

Hopefully DLC and a move set pack will help fill in. 

I reqlly cant believe we didn't get a new deadlift German.....

2 hours ago, Jai said:

i don't think that was shelton's powerslam since shelton's powerslam was actually a t-bone into a powerslam pin which was removed for only god knows why reasons

BUT.. i think he was originally planned or atleast name-dropped when 2k submitted their roster list to wwe.  it could be possible somehow he makes dlc though. (stranger and more out of left field things have happened)

look again, it's actually a re-animation of the tbone powerslam. Way better than that crappy version they added last year. I have no idea why they made that one so slow. He used to hit it out of nowhere, or after doing a jump. 

I would love that, although it doesn't seem that likely. He would have even more moves, maybe the exploding superplex, new dragon whip, etc.

Alright, Mr. 2Kayfabe spoke about the blurring issue on the video.

Hello WWE Universe,

I see some of you are still worried about the logo fading issue in WWE 2K18.
As Lynell mentioned in the most recent Dev Spotlight series we have two types of image mapping now in our creations suite.

The first method is what we’ve been using, and still includes the logo fading (for those that like this effect).

The second method eliminates the logo fade, and also allows the image to wrap around the part it’s being applied to.
Below is a side-by-side comparison of both methods.

Hopefully, this will reinforce that we have heard the WWE Universe voice on the matter.

Here is the traditional mapping method5d1_Un_Fo.jpg

and here is the new method without the fade
X9vc_Ib2.jpg

Cheers,

2Kayfabe