WWE 2K18 Screenshot Thread (Seth Rollins)

GameElite™

8 hours ago, Y2Joe said:

not all models , some were tottaly shit in 2k15

your opinion.

i think you're being way over critical here to be honest the only two that came close to that accusation were DDP and Macho's Models. again i say you're being way too critical and over analytical here. No offense intended at all

On 8/3/2017 at 9:01 AM, Steenalizer said:

Why would they do that? It's always been screenshots first, then new information, the roster reveal and finally gameplay videos.

I use to ask myself the same question. I swear wwe/2k are afraid of there own game. They never reveal everything before the game comes out.

They're not "afraid" (probably) but it's just a sports game, what can they even really show that's really new? They only do a handful of new features/updates a game, so why even really bother showing the things when you're still a few months out? All they can really milk is the roster reveal(s).

LolAfraid. They have a system that works, get people pumped on the roster reveal, then sell them on the few new features/enhancements they added to the game last minute so people get sold on the games, without giving them enough time to think about whether or not it's a wise purchase before release. The only reason they'd change that formula is if they suddenly stopped liking money, revealing more shit this early would just get all of the hype out of the way, too soon.

Edited by HiPcavallo
  • Too Sweet 1

1 hour ago, HiPcavallo said:

LolAfraid. They have a system that works, get people pumped on the roster reveal, then sell them on the few new features/enhancements they added to the game last minute so people get sold on the games, without giving them enough time to think about whether or not it's a wise purchase before release. The only reason they'd change that formula is if they suddenly stopped liking money, revealing more shit this early would just get all of the hype out of the way, too soon.

When I wrote afraid. I meant it in a way of it always seems like they are hiding something

They are hiding something. The fact this game will largely be a carbon copy of the last with little to no major improvements. But that's not exactly a secret, they just obviously aren't going to plaster that all over their marketing. They know people will buy the games despite that, so they follow a simple formula to work around it. Keep people distracted with the roster reveal to build hype, then release all pertinent details pertaining to new features/enhancements last minute to ensure maximum hype at time of release to boost sales. They aren't exactly doing anything shady, it's just smart marketing.

Edited by HiPcavallo

WWE 2k18 "Slightly better than last game, yet somehow still having most of the same problems" edition. Seems like a decent slogan to me.