Sound Editor 2017 3.2.0 / Custom Character Tools 2017 1.0.3 / [LAST UPDATE 08/24]

TheVisitorX

Hmmm so the renders are back but they are back to the annimated ones? was is supposed to have deleted the files that were in the original and then copied my custom files over? 

Delete/remove the "custom_typex" folders and the Virgin/vanilla "ltag_typex.pac" file. Rename the "ltag_typex.pac-NEW" file to "ltag_typex.pac" 

2 minutes ago, kim666 said:

Delete/remove the "custom_typex" folders and the Virgin/vanilla "ltag_typex.pac" file. Rename the "ltag_typex.pac-NEW" file to "ltag_typex.pac" 

Yeah i already did all that - i did exactly the same as with a/b/c. 

Its not asking me to replace anything when i do its with the 9 DLC folders though.

If i send you my ssface custom renders folder do you think you could do it for me and send it back? it would be absolutely amazing if you could! im struggling to get the DLC to work.

I'm not sure if this has been pointed out already, but I think that 90's 1 and Spark 1 song has reversed names in Sound Editor; ie. when you replace 90's 1 in sound editor it's actually Spark 1 in game and vice versa. 

37 minutes ago, Mythrell said:

I'm not sure if this has been pointed out already, but I think that 90's 1 and Spark 1 song has reversed names in Sound Editor; ie. when you replace 90's 1 in sound editor it's actually Spark 1 in game and vice versa. 

Yes, I think @Cave Waverider has mentioned something like that but I haven't had the time to fix that. Hopefully a new build will be ready in a few days. My next target is:

- Add "drag and drop" functionality to SE (and maybe CCT later).

Edited by TheVisitorX
  • Like 3

Sorry if this has been answered, but is Robbie's XML file planned to be included in the next release, so as to make it possible to change all entrance calls? Thanks :)

3 hours ago, MatMania said:

Sorry if this has been answered, but is Robbie's XML file planned to be included in the next release, so as to make it possible to change all entrance calls? Thanks :)

Yes, the updated data.xml file from @tomwearsglasses, which contains @robbie686 changes, will be included in the next update. The update will be released tomorrow.

Edited by TheVisitorX
  • Like 2

Got a weird one for you guys with just the Sound Converter part of Sound Editor 2017. (Why I made the account just now)

Anytime I try to convert and .mp3 to .wem via the tools > sound converter. I select the MP3 I want to convert and hit the convert button. No errors appear until 1 minute or so after which is prompting a .net framework error.

Link to error message + Details output: 

I have 4.7 currently active but when this error occured I had the Windows 10 (x64 Professional) default of 4.6.1 running. I'll link the screenshot + details log for your help.

Tried the basic re-install of Sound Editor 2017 along with the removal of the Wwise components required to use the software and that didn't work. Also tried the upgrade from 4.6 to 4.7 to see whether the upgrade could of solved it which it unfortunately didn't. I'm going to say this is relative to just me based off the error saying "Could not find path".

Unsure really what it could be outside .NET messing up. Might be useful down the line though just incase anyone bumps into this.

Beyond that, the sound editor import and export of wwe2k17 .wem files works like a charm so at the moment I'm just flicking through the media threads to grab the .wem themes I want.

Btw this mod is awesome! Keep it up!

16 minutes ago, Boltaction17 said:

Got a weird one for you guys with just the Sound Converter part of Sound Editor 2017. (Why I made the account just now)

Anytime I try to convert and .mp3 to .wem via the tools > sound converter. I select the MP3 I want to convert and hit the convert button. No errors appear until 1 minute or so after which is prompting a .net framework error.

I have 4.7 currently active but when this error occured I had the Windows 10 (x64 Professional) default of 4.6.1 running. I'll link the screenshot + details log for your help.

Tried the basic re-install of Sound Editor 2017 along with the removal of the Wwise components required to use the software and that didn't work. Also tried the upgrade from 4.6 to 4.7 to see whether the upgrade could of solved it which it unfortunately didn't. I'm going to say this is relative to just me based off the error saying "Could not find path".

Unsure really what it could be outside .NET messing up. Might be useful down the line though just incase anyone bumps into this.

Beyond that, the sound editor import and export of wwe2k17 .wem files works like a charm so at the moment I'm just flicking through the media threads to grab the .wem themes I want.

Alright I have found the fix! (And it's stupidly easy to miss yet stupidly simple to fix)

Basically in Sound Editor 2017 via the Settings > Settings the WEM-Export Directory was pointing to a legacy location which I didn't realize was deleted awhile ago (Or changed). Set it to the correct location and all is well in the world! 

Kinda knew this was going to happen but hey, just incase someone else who is as silly as me has it, at least it's in the right place!

Now to convert some James Elsworth Tetsuya Naito and LIJ themes!

Edited by Boltaction17
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Boltaction17 said:

Alright I have found the fix! (And it's stupidly easy to miss yet stupidly simple to fix)

Basically in Sound Editor 2017 via the Settings > Settings the WEM-Export Directory was pointing to a legacy location which I didn't realize was deleted awhile ago (Or changed). Set it to the correct location and all is well in the world! 

Kinda knew this was going to happen but hey, just incase someone else who is as silly as me has it, at least it's in the right place!

Now to convert some James Elsworth Tetsuya Naito and LIJ themes!

may I ask what the correct location is?

Edited by Jimbo The Canadian
lol why

Basically, anywhere.

I use to have a location going to C:\Users\Me\Music\WWE Music but over the course of my  PC's life I've must of changed it since it no longer exists. Now it's going to C:\Users\Me\Music\Wrestling Music and I no longer get that error.

That old location no longer existed so the Default .NET Error saying "Could not find path" makes sense now since it literally could not find the folder since it was dead and gone.

If anyone has this issue, try resetting the WEM-Export Directory to where they think it should go.

Hope this helps!

Huh, I just realized I'm getting a different error than you. mine says "index was out of range, Must be non negative and less than the size of the collection"

sorry if I bothered you about that.

Edited by Jimbo The Canadian

If you want help, you have to write more informations. When do you get that error? Which language do you use in Windows? Please post a screenshot from your SE main window. and another one from your error-dialog window.

Edited by TheVisitorX

Sound Editor 3.1.0 has been released!

Changes in this version:

- Fixed some bugs
- "Drag 'n Drop" support for importing wem, wav and mp3 files into the editor
- New updated data.xml file by @tomwearsglasses with changes from @robbie686 -Thank you guys!!

It is available via updater. A new setup will follow soon.

Please beware that the new "d&d" feature is still WIP and may still contains bugs.

Edited by TheVisitorX
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, TheVisitorX said:

Sound Editor 3.1.0 has been released!

Changes in this version:

- Fixed some bugs
- "Drag 'n Drop" support for importing wem, wav and mp3 files into the editor
- New updated data.xml file by @tomwearsglasses with changes from @robbie686 -Thank you guys!!

It is available via updater. A new setup will follow soon.

Please beware that the new "d&d" feature is still WIP and may still contains bugs.

I have version v3.0.1.4711 and it doesn't say an update is available.

10 minutes ago, shanafan said:

I have version v3.0.1.4711 and it doesn't say an update is available.

You're right! It should work now..

4 hours ago, MatMania said:

Having issue with updating this too. A box flashes up then disappears when I go for the 'check for updates option'.

Try the updated setup in the main post. Make a backup of your custom and replaced xml, if you have made some changes. 

Edited by TheVisitorX

Hello.

Very handy tool to install titantrons etc. Which I have done several times now.

However, how do I go about changing the slot of a minitron/walltron .pac file? Almost all minitron/walltrons are in .pac format on this forum. I got several minitron/walltron files, which are meant for different slot, but I want to use them on a specific slot. I tried to do it like with titantron's in HxD, but it is not that simple. It's gibberish instead of several numbers around the 800 marker.

Hi.

The Custom Character Tools in 2K16 was a massive help to me installing mods. However, I am unable to install the 2K17 version. Whenever I try to run the setup, I get an error message stating "Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service". Any help regarding this? Would it be possible to use the 2K16 CCT version for WWE 2K17, or are they incompatible?

Thanks.

Edited by ahunter8056

37 minutes ago, Clarityman said:

On 23.6.2017 at 4:37 PM, ahunter8056 said:

Hi.

The Custom Character Tools in 2K16 was a massive help to me installing mods. However, I am unable to install the 2K17 version. Whenever I try to run the setup, I get an error message stating "Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service". Any help regarding this? Would it be possible to use the 2K16 CCT version for WWE 2K17, or are they incompatible?

Thanks.

But it uses the same setup tool? 

9 minutes ago, TheVisitorX said:

But it uses the same setup tool? 

Exactly, which is what makes my issue so weird. I was able to install and use CCT for 2K16 without a problem, but CCT for 2K17 refuses to install.

I will upload a portable zip or rar version tomorrow when I'm back from holiday. The internal update tool will be brocken in this version but apart from that it should work fine. 

Edited by TheVisitorX