Sound Editor 2017 3.2.0 / Custom Character Tools 2017 1.0.3 / [LAST UPDATE 08/24]

TheVisitorX

@trioxin1331 - Are you sure that you're hitting a max file size and not having trouble with just a few specific renders?  I.e. - have you tested them all individually before packing them all in together?

And if you haven't already done this, you can use TinyPNG to compress the images before saving them as dds files.  

32 minutes ago, robbie686 said:

Hey @TheVisitorX im not sure what you have done with my xml file i sent you with all the announce sounds but there are now loads missing in your version 3.0.1 :/ 

I've been working on merging your updates to the main data file. Some of the additions match up with IDs that were already in the main file - which crashes the program. So it's been taking me some time to combine everything. I should have it ready tonight or tomorrow.

• Like 1

Just now, tomwearsglasses said:

I've been working on merging your updates to the main data file. Some of the additions match up with IDs that were already in the main file - which crashes the program. So it's been taking me some time to combine everything. I should have it ready tonight or tomorrow.

Ahh okie dokey! i was trying to find Alundra blayze!! Il just add my custom xml back until you have finished :) 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, robbie686 said:

Hey @TheVisitorX im not sure what you have done with my xml file i sent you with all the announce sounds but there are now loads missing in your version 3.0.1 :/ 

I haven't released an official update yet? Did you get one? 

Ok, here's the updated data.xml file for the next release (and in the meantime people can replace it manually):

https://mega.nz/#!Nk1DWQQB!-WMTtTyYNyB2fpr7Kuy729ri1yOL-r0GBFLYJ5F2GIE

- Now has the ra_m.pck file (Lillian Garcia announcing) completely cataloged thanks to robbie686!

- Also labeled the show music for the DLC40_Hall_of_Fame_Showcase.pck file.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, tomwearsglasses said:

@trioxin1331 - Are you sure that you're hitting a max file size and not having trouble with just a few specific renders?  I.e. - have you tested them all individually before packing them all in together?

And if you haven't already done this, you can use TinyPNG to compress the images before saving them as dds files.  

Yeah 1000% that the renders in question work. The new work fine if i remove any of the older ones. It dosen't matter what render is put in what slot (the renders and the slots are not the issue) and which older one I remove, I get issues at 33mb every time until I remove one to take it back under 33mb

Yeah cheers I will try that too :D

After @LordJustice17 released his wonderful Comic renders, i started mass replacing renders with cct and run into the same problem that @trioxin1331 has. At some point the game didn't start anymore. But i found a fix, here is a little howto :

Start pac editor and open one custom render from the "custom_typea" folder

Click on "mass extract" and pac editor will extract all custom render files and create a new sub folder for each file.

Now you need a "Virgin" ltag_typea.pac file. (i hope you have a Backup). Open the ltag_typea.pac with pac editor and click extract all. Pac editor will create a new folder named "@ltag_typea.pac". Leave pac editor open.

Go back to the "custom_typea" folder and search for "*.pac". Now Windows Explorer should list all the extracted render pac files. Select all an copy/paste all into the "@ltag_typea.pac" folder. 

Now switch back to pac editor and click on "rebuild". Pac editor will create a new file named "ltag_typea.pac-NEW". Delete/remove the "custom_typea" folder and the "ltag_typea.pac" file. Rename the "ltag_typea.pac-NEW" file to "ltag_typea.pac" 

You need to do the same steps for "ltag_typeb.pac" and "ltag_typec.pac"

• Like 5

19 hours ago, kim666 said:

After @LordJustice17 released his wonderful Comic renders, i started mass replacing renders with cct and run into the same problem that @trioxin1331 has. At some point the game didn't start anymore. But i found a fix, here is a little howto :

Start pac editor and open one custom render from the "custom_typea" folder

Click on "mass extract" and pac editor will extract all custom render files and create a new sub folder for each file.

Now you need a "Virgin" ltag_typea.pac file. (i hope you have a Backup). Open the ltag_typea.pac with pac editor and click extract all. Pac editor will create a new folder named "@ltag_typea.pac". Leave pac editor open.

Go back to the "custom_typea" folder and search for "*.pac". Now Windows Explorer should list all the extracted render pac files. Select all an copy/paste all into the "@ltag_typea.pac" folder. 

Now switch back to pac editor and click on "rebuild". Pac editor will create a new file named "ltag_typea.pac-NEW". Delete/remove the "custom_typea" folder and the "ltag_typea.pac" file. Rename the "ltag_typea.pac-NEW" file to "ltag_typea.pac" 

You need to do the same steps for "ltag_typeb.pac" and "ltag_typec.pac"

Amazing!! Cheers for this is it confirmed as working after? :D:D 

• What is pac editor? do you mean x-packer?
Edited by robbie686

1 minute ago, kim666 said:

Pac editor is a free alternative tool like x-packer. 

Sweet do you have a D/L link? :D

Thankyou @kim666, that seems to work perfectly!!

I'm just having trouble with a few slots (mostly DLC) I think I may have used backup  "@ltag_typeX.pac" from before the updates, does anyone have up to date ones (A/B/C) they would be able to share? 

Edited by trioxin1331

16 minutes ago, kim666 said:

I also had some trouble with the dlc renders, rebuilding these dlc ltag_typea.pac files, fixed that too.

@robbie686 the dl link is in the pac editor thread. 

is this correct? 

hi the x visitor i cant seem to find canadian patriot,, evil diva and other CAW music.. have they not been discovered yet?

2 hours ago, JonasSlasher said:

hi the x visitor i cant seem to find canadian patriot,, evil diva and other CAW music.. have they not been discovered yet?

They probably haven't been identified yet (some identifications aren't correct, too). They should be listed, though (perhaps in other .pck archives if you can't find it in the one you're looking in). You can identify songs by listening to all the tracks in Sound Editor (Right-click then Play and identify the songs. If you do, write the proper name in the name column. When you're done, send your custom_data.xml file to @TheVisitorX so he can update the names for everyone in the next update.

thanks for finding this fix kim666. Fortunately, I have not faced this issue until now and I have replaced all renders except of four currently

7 hours ago, kim666 said:

I also had some trouble with the dlc renders, rebuilding these dlc ltag_typea.pac files, fixed that too.

@robbie686 the dl link is in the pac editor thread. 

I have done A/B/C But have quite a few blank renders now? :( 

All DLC missing apart from 

Nia Jax
Goldberg
Apollo Crews

Edited by robbie686

13 minutes ago, robbie686 said:

I have done A/B/C But have quite a few blank renders now? :( 

All DLC missing apart from 

Nia Jax
Goldberg
Apollo Crews

Yes. There are also 3x3 ltag_typex.pac  files for dlc. You need to do it for them too. But they are not that big.

1 minute ago, kim666 said:

Yes. There are also 3x3 ltag_typex.pac  files for dlc. You need to do it for them too. But they are not that big.

okie dokey il give them a bash to :D fingers crossed.