Sound Editor 2017 3.2.0 / Custom Character Tools 2017 1.0.3 / [LAST UPDATE 08/24]

TheVisitorX

This may have already been answered before but i have an issue when i try to convert a mp3 file with the converter tool, it pops up with: File 0 conversion to wav failed, Please make sure to run this tool with administrator rights,  i mean it was working before then that appeared after i converted  a few files, any insight would be much appreciated. 

Trying to replace announce name Larry Zybsko with Xpac announce ID - 981566319 but still when i select in wrestler selection it says * The living legend Larry Zybysko * and also ring announcement it still says * The living legend Larry Zybysko * - Any ideas here? in game commentary is blank as i set him to a blank slot in Data editor. Or is this something that simply cannot be done?

Edited by robbie686

31 minutes ago, robbie686 said:

Trying to replace announce name Larry Zybsko with Xpac announce ID - 981566319 but still when i select in wrestler selection it says * The living legend Larry Zybysko * and also ring announcement it still says * The living legend Larry Zybysko * - Any ideas here? in game commentary is blank as i set him to a blank slot in Data editor. Or is this something that simply cannot be done?

There's multiple audio files you're gonna have to replace. You can't just replace that one. This year has more since they say the name in the selection. 

7 minutes ago, TheBleedingRed21 said:

There's multiple audio files you're gonna have to replace. You can't just replace that one. This year has more since they say the name in the selection. 

But Iv searched through all the sound files via sound injector run through all Lilian Garcia commentary etc.. I can only find 2 files that need replacing Which Iv replaced with *xpac* and * and xpac *. Still the same. 

There are more than 2. Again, use sound editor... you will find multiple instances of the wrestler being said by LG. I am working on changing XPAC in my game with Jack Swagger, Ill let you know how many I find.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TheBleedingRed21 said:

There are more than 2. Again, use sound editor... you will find multiple instances of the wrestler being said by LG. I am working on changing XPAC in my game with Jack Swagger, Ill let you know how many I find.

I think its because i have just been searching through the known files il have to wade through them myself! cheers :) 

• Like 1

Corrrct lol. While there are quite a few listed, I've found quite a few that's not labeled yet so you just have to dig through them. Goodluck!!

1 minute ago, TheBleedingRed21 said:

Corrrct lol. While there are quite a few listed, I've found quite a few that's not labeled yet so you just have to dig through them. Goodluck!!

Be so amazing if someone went through and Tagged them all! would make things so much easier!! 

Just now, robbie686 said:

Be so amazing if someone went through and Tagged them all! would make things so much easier!! 

Sounds like you have a job to do! Lol. 

26 minutes ago, TheBleedingRed21 said:

Sounds like you have a job to do! Lol. 

ha i dont mind going through and marking the Lilian garcia stuff :) from what i can gather all Ring announce stuff for lilian is in RA_M.PCK

Edited by robbie686

34 minutes ago, robbie686 said:

ha i dont mind going through and marking the Lilian garcia stuff :) from what i can gather all Ring announce stuff for lilian is in RA_M.PCK

No, that would be too easy ;). Some of them are in the DLC files, especially the sounds for the DLC characters. There are a lot of duplicates. The DLC characters are located in the RA_M.pck file and in its corresponding  DLC files.

• Like 1

Just now, TheVisitorX said:

No, that would be too easy ;). Some of them are in the DLC files, especially the sounds for the DLC characters. There are a lot of duplicates. The DLC characters are located in the RA_M.pck file and in its corresponding  DLC files.

Im going through the RA_M.PCK and labeling them :) if someone wants to do another file?

• Like 1

Just now, robbie686 said:

Im going through the RA_M.PCK and labeling them :) if someone wants to do another file?

That would be great and really helpful for all of us! The ids in the DLC and ra_m files should be the same in most cases, just a lot of duplicates.

Just now, TheVisitorX said:

That would be great and really helpful for all of us! The ids in the DLC and ra_m files should be the same in most cases, just a lot of duplicates.

No Probs im quarter through RA_M.PCK Already :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, robbie686 said:

No Probs im quarter through RA_M.PCK Already :) 

Awesome work man. Really would be useful. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheBleedingRed21 said:

Awesome work man. Really would be useful. 

I have completed 2000 out of 6200 think im gonna have a small break ha

• Like 1

Just to let you guys know, I don't think that the 1.0.3 update has been applied. I looked at the version info for the Custom Character Tool and it says it is still at version 1.0.2.

Is there a updated version that I am not aware of? Thanks!

EDIT: Also what should I backup when using the render injector tool in Custom Character Tools. Do I just backup the type a, type b, and type c folders in E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\WWE2K17\pac\menu\assets\wwe17_singleread\texture\ssface. Or should I backup the entire ssface folder. Thanks again for making this wonderful tool.

Edited by Cave Waverider
Moderator Note: Edited post to remove links to unauthorized versions of the tools/bypasses of the creator's adfly links as per request of the tool creator.

Sorry for the generic "Hey, what's the status of?" question, but been away from the modding scene for awhile, and curious about the Howard Finkel audio mod. Any progress on that?

I play 2K17 with all the commentary turned off (and run Steam's audio player with Day of Reckoning 2 music on) but love to hear JUST the announcing in the game. Thanks!

I official hate the voice of Lilian Garcia ha!! about half way through!! 

Edited by robbie686
  • Like 3

@Alexa Blissed OffThe internal update.exe downloads content from the internet, writes something to the disc and reads things from the registry so the heuristics scan of some tools can show it as a virus, yes (or - in this case - it is the malware detection). But that is just a "false-positive". All of my tools are safe to use. If someone don't trust me, he/she doesn't have to use my tools.

I know you mean well, but please don't post direct links of my tools! Especially no direct links to the update server! There is a reason why there is no portable version of CCT.

All download-links are behind an ad-link for a reason. I know they are irritating - I don't like them, too - but... All of my tools are free to use. The ad-links bring some money and support my work. It's not much but it's better than nothing.

The update-tool makes the whole update-process a lot easier (especially for beginners) and faster. No one has to mess around with multiple versions or needs to download anything again. Simly start the update.exe and you always have the latest files.

Custom Character Tools 1.0.3 is the latest version but 1.0.3 brings only changes in the data.xml file. The executable hasn't changed, so it's still 1.0.2.

EDIT: Also what should I backup when using the render injector tool in Custom Character Tools. Do I just backup the type a, type b, and type c folders in E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\WWE2K17\pac\menu\assets\wwe17_singleread\texture\ssface. Or should I backup the entire ssface folder. Thanks again for making this wonderful tool.

Just the ltag_type(a|b|c).pac files, nothing more.

@robbie686 Really great work. It must last forever.. (and needs strong nerves...)

Edited by TheVisitorX
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, TheVisitorX said:

@Alexa Blissed OffThe internal update.exe downloads content from the internet, writes something to the disc and reads things from the registry so the heuristics scan of some tools can show it as a virus, yes (or - in this case - it is the malware detection). But that is just a "false-positive". All of my tools are safe to use. If someone don't trust me, he/she doesn't have to use my tools.

I know you mean well, but please don't post direct links of my tools! Especially no direct links to the update server! There is a reason why there is no portable version of CCT.

All download-links are behind an ad-link for a reason. I know they are irritating - I don't like them, too - but... All of my tools are free to use. The ad-links bring some money and support my work. It's not much but it's better than nothing.

The update-tool makes the whole update-process a lot easier (especially for beginners) and faster. No one has to mess around with multiple versions or needs to download anything again. Simly start the update.exe and you always have the latest files.

Custom Character Tools 1.0.3 is the latest version but 1.0.3 brings only changes in the data.xml file. The executable hasn't changed, so it's still 1.0.2.

Just the ltag_type(a|b|c).pac files, nothing more.

@robbie686 Really great work. It must last forever.. (and needs strong nerves...)

Ok sorry about that. Do you want me to remove the link? Didn't mean to harm your ads either, just wanted a portable solution. I was wondering if those detections were false positives, since my Mcafee, Malwarebytes, and Super Anti Spyware didn't detect anything in the tools. Don't worry, I trust you 100%, it's just that I scan everything I download from the internet. After the massive ransomware attack recently you can't be too careful. Thanks again for the backup info. :lol

Having problems getting the file from the link , provided. All I get is a blank white screen with no download option for CCT.

3 hours ago, 3sectillmidnight said:

Having problems getting the file from the link , provided. All I get is a blank white screen with no download option for CCT.

You have to (temporary) disable your ad-blocker!

TheVisitorX, I cannot find the link for WWE 2K17 Sound editor v.3.0.1, could you please drop the link to me. So I can manage to download it ;)

Cant find it here.... maybe I am looking for the wrong place, but I couldn't locate it there either.

Edited by Cave Waverider
Moderator Note: Removed quote of the entire top post. Please do not quote the entire top post again.