Sound Editor 2017 3.2.0 / Custom Character Tools 2017 1.0.3 / [LAST UPDATE 08/24]

TheVisitorX

Thank you @TheVisitorX!  I'm excited about the auto-name in the ReplacedSound field (it'll save me a TON of time and make it easier to keep track of what I've done) - I tested it out and it works perfectly for injecting .wem files.  But when I try it with .mp3 or .wav files instead of the file name it shows up as song_ED58E5CC every time.  Any idea why it might be doing that?

Also, warning/reminder to downloaders:  The update installs a clean replaced_data.xml and custom_data.xml file.  So if you made any changes to the names make sure to back them up before you install because they'll be overwritten.

6 hours ago, tomwearsglasses said:

Thank you @TheVisitorX!  I'm excited about the auto-name in the ReplacedSound field (it'll save me a TON of time and make it easier to keep track of what I've done) - I tested it out and it works perfectly for injecting .wem files.  But when I try it with .mp3 or .wav files instead of the file name it shows up as song_ED58E5CC every time.  Any idea why it might be doing that?

Also, warning/reminder to downloaders:  The update installs a clean replaced_data.xml and custom_data.xml file.  So if you made any changes to the names make sure to back them up before you install because they'll be overwritten.

Yes you're right. My fault... Lol. That weird sound filename is the name which wwise choses after conversion to wav. I will release a fix for that very soon. 

Edited by TheVisitorX
  • Like 1

Hm, I think what is labelled as Spark 1 might actually be 90s 1. I just injected something into Spark 1 and Spark 1 in the game remains the original while the new music plays in 90s 1 instead.

Edited by Cave Waverider
  • Like 2

Nothing to tell here, see the video and find out why that new feature in 3.0.0 could be "useful"..

I know the quality is bad, try to open it on youtube in fullscreen and change quality to 1080p...

Did you see (or better "hear") it? ^^

A Little hint: 314 was X-Pac in 2K16.

Edited by TheVisitorX
  • Like 4

Sound Editor 3.0.1 has been released. It's only a fix for the wrong "ReplacedSound" bug. Please run the auto-updater to update to the newest version.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, TheVisitorX said:

Nothing to tell here, see the video and find out why that new feature in 3.0.0 could be "useful"..

I know the quality is bad, try to open it on youtube in fullscreen and change quality to 1080p...

Did you see (or better "hear") it? ^^

A Little hint: 314 was X-Pac in 2K16.

Amazing. :) So you found a way to access the 2k16 sounds? How exactly does that work? Just add the X-Pac theme with the IDs/Offsets/etc. the X-Pac theme has in 2k16? Does this also work with 2k15 sounds as well?

Edited by Cave Waverider

1 hour ago, Cave Waverider said:

Amazing. :) So you found a way to access the 2k16 sounds? How exactly does that work? Just add the X-Pac theme with the IDs/Offsets/etc. the X-Pac theme has in 2k16? Does this also work with 2k15 sounds as well?

Yes, extract the wem files and some other data from 2K16 and convert that with SE 3.0.0 to a new sound archive. I have developed that new feature to do exactly that.  Unfortunately we still need Yukes for that, because they left over the calls in the pac file and we need their references to the sounds. But that means, if you build a custom sound archive with SE and add the old themes, they will be there in 2K17. At least the missing ones. It does not work with 2K15, only 2K16. And it still has issues.. But it's interesting that it would work that way. I've tested Ken Shamrock and X-Pac so far.

Edited by TheVisitorX
  • Like 1

Sir, you're doing phenomenal work in sound modding this year!

That's amazing.  Since we know that the game groups them together by the ch number somehow, I wonder if it'll work for announcer and commentary calls too.

3 hours ago, tomwearsglasses said:

Sir, you're doing phenomenal work in sound modding this year!

That's amazing.  Since we know that the game groups them together by the ch number somehow, I wonder if it'll work for announcer and commentary calls too.

I'd assume that it might. That would certainly be great.

9 hours ago, TheVisitorX said:

It does not work with 2K15, only 2K16. And it still has issues.. But it's interesting that it would work that way. I've tested Ken Shamrock and X-Pac so far.

Is it because the sound archive's structure changed so much from 2k15 to 2k16 or is it bacause of the IDs in 2k15 being divided by 10 compared to 2k16/2k17 IDs? I don't have support for the lower 2k15 IDs in the Data Editor right now, but it would be worth a shot to test by adding a 2k15 theme file that's missing and manually setting the old sound ID to the old 2k15 value. But maybe it won't work all.

3 hours ago, kwonnwo said:

Renders only replace?

CCT is only an injecter function

Can I have ch460.pac own render?

You can not add renders. You can only replace renders already in th game. 

I don't know if this is caused by a bug in the game, or by SE, but when I replace The Rock '01's theme, there is no music in the winning animation. It plays fine in the entrance animation, and it plays when I preview the song in Create A Victory. However, when Rock wins the match, the music isn't playing. What should I try and do to debug the problem?

Hey there,  I hope somebody can help me. I´m trying to get the CCT up and running for about an hour now and still can´t manage to do it. 

The tool always says that I have chosen an invalid game path. I´ve already tried different directorys from the WWEk17 Folder, over the Pac folder, the steamapps folder, the steam folder itself. Heck, I even created an empty WWE2k16 folder as the prompt on top of the directory overview says 2k16 directory. 

I tried to find Tutorials on youtube that show the setting up of the file directorys but I couldn´t find one, the all only show how to actually use the tool if everything is being set up. 

I used the seach engine here for this thread and even a google search to get an answer to my problem but just can´t find anything. 

1 hour ago, Borusse92 said:

Hey there,  I hope somebody can help me. I´m trying to get the CCT up and running for about an hour now and still can´t manage to do it. 

The tool always says that I have chosen an invalid game path. I´ve already tried different directorys from the WWEk17 Folder, over the Pac folder, the steamapps folder, the steam folder itself. Heck, I even created an empty WWE2k16 folder as the prompt on top of the directory overview says 2k16 directory. 

I tried to find Tutorials on youtube that show the setting up of the file directorys but I couldn´t find one, the all only show how to actually use the tool if everything is being set up. 

I used the seach engine here for this thread and even a google search to get an answer to my problem but just can´t find anything. 

In CCT under Settings->Settings->Game directory point it to the folder WWE 2k17 is installed in (Default: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\WWE2k17). It's the folder where the file "WWE2K17_x64.exe" resides.

Edited by Cave Waverider
  • Like 1

@TheVisitorX Apparently 90'1 song doesn't work at all. I injected Perkins theme there and on preview in the tool it works but in-game it doesn't. Not on preview or even in an actual match.

6 minutes ago, Legend_killer79 said:

@TheVisitorX Apparently 90'1 song doesn't work at all. I injected Perkins theme there and on preview in the tool it works but in-game it doesn't. Not on preview or even in an actual match.

Inject it to Spark 1. That's actually 90s 1 in the game. Seems it's listed improperly in the XML. Before that, please go through the themes in the game and see where the song you injected into the fake "90s 1" entry appears instead and let TVX know so the .xml can be fixed with the proper names. :)

Edited by Cave Waverider

3 minutes ago, Cave Waverider said:

Inject it to Spark 1. That's actually 90s 1 in the game.

Ah. Alright thanks for the info.

16 hours ago, Cave Waverider said:

In CCT under Settings->Settings->Game directory point it to the folder WWE 2k17 is installed in (Default: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\WWE2k17). It's the folder where the file "WWE2K17_x64.exe" resides.

that´s exactly the folder I chose, but the tool still says that it´s an invalid path. Really weird.

Check the executable name. It must be the same Cave has mentioned. CCT does not check the path,  it does check the right name for the exe in that path.  

Edited by TheVisitorX
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Borusse92 said:

that´s exactly the folder I chose, but the tool still says that it´s an invalid path. Really weird.

Are you certain that's where your game is installed to? Right-click on the WWE 2k17 entry in your Steam games list, click Properties->Local Files->Browse Local Files to bring up the folder Steam sees the game in. If it isn't the same you have set in CCT, set CCT to that.
If it is: Is your Windows account restricted in any way so CCT can't request Administrator privileges? Accessing things in one of the Program Files and other System folders requires Administrator privileges in newer windows versions.
Maybe you could try to create a new Steam Library on a different partition if you have one (Steam->Settings->Downloads->Steam Library Folders->Add Library Folder) and move the game there (Right-click on the WWE 2k17 entry in your Steam games list, click Properties->Local Files->Move Install Folder and choose the library on the other different partition). You might have to reinstall some of your modded files afterwards if you replaced anything.

Edited by Cave Waverider
  • Like 1

Just now, ItzTheRampage said:

@TheVisitorX Any chances for an in depth tutorial for that new stuff ? ;)

I'll try to make one but I'm not sure because there are still some issues with that which I have to sort out first. I'm think about releasing an updated pck file which includes at least all the missing themes from 2K16. But I won't promise anything.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheVisitorX said:

I'll try to make one but I'm not sure because there are still some issues with that which I have to sort out first. I'm think about releasing an updated pck file which includes at least all the missing themes from 2K16. But I won't promise anything.

That sounds just 2Sweet / Sehr geil, freue mich drauf, hoffe irgendjemand findet noch möglichkeiten noch andere sachen zu adden

3 minutes ago, ItzTheRampage said:

That sounds just 2Sweet / Sehr geil, freue mich drauf, hoffe irgendjemand findet noch möglichkeiten noch andere sachen zu adden

Announcements and commentary will most likely not work because they are controlled by the sound.pac file. And Yukes has removed all the old slots from there. But I haven't tested it yet.

Edited by TheVisitorX

1 hour ago, TheVisitorX said:

Announcements and commentary will most likely not work because they are controlled by the sound.pac file. And Yukes has removed all the old slots from there. But I haven't tested it yet.

Apart from the old slots being removed, what else is different from the two sound.pac files from 2K15/2K16 and 2K17? Is the sound pac file what controls the arena effects, do you know? If not, what file is it? Only reason why I'm asking is because there is practically no effect heard in the theme music, and I'd like to restore the 2K14 effects, if possible.

Edited by jakeypearce
  • Like 1