Sound Editor 2017 3.2.0 / Custom Character Tools 2017 1.0.3 / [LAST UPDATE 08/24]

TheVisitorX

Just now, TheVisitorX said:

The newest update does not work with CCT because of changed offsets and exe file. I will release an update in the next few hours.

You are my hero! Now stop all that crazy talk about not continuing this tool! :)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TheVisitorX said:

CCT does not work with newest update because of changed offsets and exe file. I will release an update in the next few hours.

Great news man!

What does this offset changes mean anyway? If I installed, say, Adam rose in slot 700... will he still be there? Or will I have to uninstall him and install him again? How does it affect our already modded game? Thanks.

19 minutes ago, nicomoto2014 said:

What does this offset changes mean anyway? If I installed, say, Adam rose in slot 700... will he still be there? Or will I have to uninstall him and install him again? How does it affect our already modded game? Thanks.

It does not affect already installed superstars/mods. With the exception of the string file which is lost after the update, so that needs an update.

Edited by TheVisitorX
  • Like 1

CCT version 1.0.2, which adds support for the newest update, has been released. Simply run the auto updater in CCT to install that version.

Edited by TheVisitorX
  • Like 6

4 minutes ago, TheVisitorX said:

CCT version 1.0.2, which adds support for the newest update, has been released. Simply run the auto updater in CCT to install that version.

You're the man! Thanks for this!

• Like 1

There will be another update in a few minutes, CAW addresses are wrong, I have to change that.

Edited by TheVisitorX
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TheVisitorX said:

CCT does not work with newest update because of changed offsets and exe file. I will release an update in the next few hours.

well thank god i just thought i was retarded and forgot how to mod lol. thanks for the update man!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TheVisitorX said:

Which theme? Victory music is another entry this year. You have to assign/change both ids (with Data Editor/CheatEngine).

Yes man victory music? how to assign it with cheat engine ? Is there a tutorial? 

Edited by Z3us

4 hours ago, Z3us said:

Yes man victory music? how to assign it with cheat engine ? Is there a tutorial? 

I suggest that you simply use the latest version of the Data Editor for WWE 2k17 to set the victory music for your wrestler in the Moveset editor and install it with the latest version of CCT. If you want to have victory music for additional alternate attires of existing wrestlers or some new wrestlers, be sure to tick the [Victory music Workaround] checkbox in the Data Editor as well.

Edited by Cave Waverider
  • Like 1

@tomwearsglasses has released a new data.xml update (2.2.5) for Sound Editor. It's especially interesting for people who like to change some commentary or announcements.

Changelog from tom:

- Completed the comm_common1_m.pck file
- Added a lot of new entries for the ra_m.pck file (courtesy of Ahmed Anter)

https://mega.nz/#!Z4E12LbI!7g4wEZsviC1QT41Uu3hnYqNwDvmr8CrYmNmSies0g3Y

Big thank you for his and @Ahmed Anter 's work!!!! You're awesome!!

The update can be downloaded - as usual - with the auto update tool!

Edited by TheVisitorX
  • Like 4

@EL_GWhich version do you have? I think you don't have the latest SE version, right? Try to download the latest setup and run the auto updater from there.

Edited by TheVisitorX

16 hours ago, TheVisitorX said:

Working diligently as always! Thank you for the heads up!

• Like 1

Ah, okay. I think you already have the latest version :). CCT version number wasn't updated, because there was no new executable in the latest update. If you can't find any new updates, it should be version 1.0.3. So all good :).

Edited by TheVisitorX
  • Like 1

Finally, Sound Editor 2017 3.0.0 has been released in the main post!!! It is a big update with some fixes, improvements and a big new feature.

Changes in that version

- Fixed crash when playing files while resizing the grid
- Fixed several other crashes in playback function
- Search by Name / ReplacedName is now a "like" search... For example: A search for "berg" finds Goldberg, ... "Page" finds Diamond Dallas Page...
- The injected song (filename) will be stored in the xml file / grid as "ReplacedSound"
- Setup now automatically installs the vcredis.exe

- New feature: You can now create custom PCK file archives. Add only the sounds you want (to replace) - That is helpful for soundpatch creators! It's much faster than inject each sound one by one.

@esbatmusic @tomwearsglasses Maybe a useful tool for you guys!

=> Sounds must have the same id AND you can't add more pck files - I recommend to use patch_06.pck as filename because it's the smallest file.

Handle that new feature with caution!!!There were some issues with that in the past, so please check that out, but always make backups! And please, let me know if it works!

Please download SE again, because there were some new files which needs an updated setup!

Edited by TheVisitorX
  • Like 4

37 minutes ago, TheVisitorX said:

Finally, Sound Editor 2017 3.0.0 has been released in the main post!!! It is a big update with some fixes, improvements and a big new feature.

Changes in that version

- Fixed crash when playing files while resizing the grid
- Fixed several other crashes in playback function
- Search by Name / ReplacedName is now a "like" search... For example: A search for "berg" finds Goldberg, ... "Page" finds Diamond Dallas Page...
- The injected song (filename) will be stored in the xml file / grid as "ReplacedSong"
- Setup now automatically installs the vcredis.exe

- New feature: You can now create custom PCK file archives. Add only the sounds you want (to replace) - That is helpful for soundpatch creators! It's much faster than inject each sound one by one.

@esbatmusic @tomwearsglasses Maybe a useful tool for you guys!

=> Sounds must have the same id AND you can't add more pck files - I recommend to use patch_06.pck as filename because it's the smallest file.

Handle that new feature with caution!!!There were some issues with that in the past, so please check that out, but always make backups! And please, let me know if it works!

Please download SE again, because there were some new files which needs an updated setup!

I'll try that asap. Because injecting one by one the 'silences' is taking forever'. (granted, I'm also doing the Howard Finkel over Lillian pack as well but that could save me a LOT of time for the future.) As usual, a big thanks to you @TheVisitorX

13 minutes ago, esbatmusic said:

I'll try that asap. Because injecting one by one the 'silences' is taking forever'. (granted, I'm also doing the Howard Finkel over Lillian pack as well but that could save me a LOT of time for the future.) As usual, a big thanks to you @TheVisitorX

As I've said. If you need more help, please let me know. My big intention is to make the modding easier for both - users and creators!

1 hour ago, TheVisitorX said:

As I've said. If you need more help, please let me know. My big intention is to make the modding easier for both - users and creators!

Unless you already have the RA all renamed , that'd be way more easy for me then.

@TheVisitorX I just found an issue when changing a theme. So I replaced 80'2 for Jack Gallagher theme and on preview its all good but he comes out with the 80'1 theme instead. Even in-game, if you preview 80'2, it plays Gallagher's but once I choose it, its the 80'1 again.

Yes, 80's and 90's themes have some issues this year but the problem is, I don't know why that happens. Not sure if that's a bug in the game or a bug related to SE.  90's 1 and 2 have the same issue. Sometimes it plays 90's 1 instead of 90's 2 and sometimes it is correct. Not sure if there is a relation between the two sounds. But I think there is. Maybe some kind of "remix. Or the sound is defined twice in another sound file and it "rotates" between the two. But why does that not happen with the default one?

Edited by TheVisitorX

17 minutes ago, TheVisitorX said:

Yes, 80's and 90's themes have some issues this year but the problem is, I don't know why that happens. Not sure if that's a bug in the game or a bug related to SE.  90's 1 and 2 have the same issue. Sometimes it plays 90's 1 instead of 90's 2 and sometimes it is correct. Not sure if there is a relation between the two sounds. But I think there is. Maybe some kind of "remix. Or the sound is defined twice in another sound file and it "rotates" between the two. But why does that not happen with the default one?

No idea since they don't seem a remix of the other, they sound different and on preview, even in-game, he plays the right one but once I choose it, it plays the wrong one. Weird. This might be an issue when replacing these type of themes.

EDIT: Weird, once I press full preview, the right song plays....

Edited by Legend_killer79