Sound Editor 2017 3.2.0 / Custom Character Tools 2017 1.0.3 / [LAST UPDATE 08/24]

TheVisitorX

CCT version 1.0.1 is available via auto-updater!!!

Please run the updater and it will bring you to version 1.0.1 which fixes all the PacPlus slots from 701-802.

• Like 3

TVX, I know you don't get enough thanks here (at least compared to how many "URGENT!!!1!1 PLZ?????" requests you get), so I just want to say "thanks" and that I appreciate your efforts here, and with your other tools. :)

That being said, I'm getting a number of songs to convert to WEM via Sound Editor, and I was wondering how to put in a loop point to the WEM file afterwards (as in, can you or somebody here point me to a proper tutorial, since it doesn't seem as simple as "open in Audition, highlight area, assign Loop") so it loops like the game's default WEM files.

@breakthewallsSend me both files please and I will see what I can do. I haven't had any issues with it, maybe it is your bk2 file. 

@Aguskan. No support for cracked versions! Buy the game! 

Edited by TheVisitorX

My windows smartscreen keeps blocking me from downloading custom character tools 2017. Its weird. This never happened with the 2016 version...........

Why does this happen?

10 minutes ago, amazing-maze said:

My windows smartscreen keeps blocking me from downloading custom character tools 2017. Its weird. This never happened with the 2016 version...........

Why does this happen?

Do you choose Advanced (Or Options, whatever it's called) and Run Anyways?

8 minutes ago, shanafan said:

Do you choose Advanced (Or Options, whatever it's called) and Run Anyways?

I wish. What I get everytime I try to install is this...."don't run" and no other options. What's this? Please help

CCT%20not%20working_zpsie8jl5bc.png

EDIT:

Never mind. When I selected "More info" that lead me to the advanced options. OK...Thanks

Edited by amazing-maze
  • Like 1

@TheVisitorXHope you can help me mate, having a bit of trouble with getting Sound Editor working on my new laptop. Rather, getting the Wwise working properly. It's installed, but I getting the WWise not installed/wrong directory error. I tried pointing it to the Wwise 2014 bin folder but I then get a "File conversion to wem failed, make sure you have the right WWise version" error.

I will send you a link to a slimmed down version of Wwise, which I have created for personal use. Please try it with that version. I have removed all unnecessary things, so it is only ~60MB. No public download here because it violates their rules.

Edited by TheVisitorX
  • Like 1

Just so I don't get lost in the shuffle: can anybody point me to a good tutorial to make the WEM files loop properly before I can make them available for download?

1 minute ago, fullMETAL said:

Just so I don't get lost in the shuffle: can anybody point me to a good tutorial to make the WEM files loop properly before I can make them available for download?

I think nobody knows how that works (and if). There is no flag we could set to tell Wwise that this is a "looped" sound.

Ah, thanks anyway.

Like, I know that in some programs (Audition, various music trackers), you can set loop points for WAV (and possibly OGG, I haven't tested that though) files, or set loop points for MIDIs in various midi programs, which then get recognized in players or programs that recognize loops, which is why I was asking about setting loops for WEM (since the WEMs in the default PCKs already have those loop points apparently).

Just now, fullMETAL said:

Ah, thanks anyway.

Like, I know that in some programs (Audition, various music trackers), you can set loop points for WAV (and possibly OGG, I haven't tested that though) files, or set loop points for MIDIs in various midi programs, which then get recognized in players or programs that recognize loops, which is why I was asking about setting loops for WEM (since the WEMs in the default PCKs already have those loop points apparently).

OK, there is a setting for that in the export settings of Wwise, I'll try to implement that in the next update.

Neato! :)

(For what it's worth, most of my WEM contributions will be for stuff like Tatsumi Fujinami's theme, some mods for the generic songs, etc).

In the meantime you could try the following:

Open:

*sound editor path*\WWise_Template\Actor-Mixer Hierarchy\Default Work Unit.wwu

in a text editor of your choice.

Before:

<Property Name="IsStreamingEnabled" Type="bool">

add a new line with that value:

<Property Name="IsLoopingEnabled" Type="bool" Value="True"/>

Save and try another file conversion.

Please let me know if it's working!

Edited by TheVisitorX

3 minutes ago, Aguskan said:

I have it in Steam

Sure... If you have it, you wouldn't ask that question.. CCT sets that directory automatically IF you have a legit steam version...

Here is another user with the same question and the same result => He uses the codex version!

41 minutes ago, TheVisitorX said:

Sure... If you have it, you wouldn't ask that question.. CCT sets that directory automatically IF you have a legit steam version...

Here is another user with the same question and the same result => He uses the codex version!

I will reinstall 

• pozzum featured this topic

TheVisitorX, I'm having major problems with the new versions of Sound Editor.

Everything was fine, I had an older version that worked great.

I uninstalled and installed the new version (the one right before the most recent release). Set everything up the same. Injected a WEM, and when I clicked Play to preview it, it said in the corner "Error. Couldn't play source file." It says that every time I try to inject. I can preview all other themes normally.

I tried automatic update to latest version-- same issue. I tried uninstalling and clean install-- same issue.

Do you have an older version of Sound Injector available? That was working fine. Or do you have any idea what's going on?

EDIT: Nevermind me, I'm being a moron. I had the exe running as I was trying to inject and I didn't realize it.

Nothing to see here, move along... ::duck and hide::

Edited by Clarityman
Foolishness
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, TheVisitorX said:

I will send you a link to a slimmed down version of Wwise, which I have created for personal use. Please try it with that version. I have removed all unnecessary things, so it is only ~60MB. No public download here because it violates their rules.

Thanks for the help via PM, glad we got the issue solved, thanks again buddy :)

• Like 1