Sound Editor 2017 3.2.0 / Custom Character Tools 2017 1.0.3 / [LAST UPDATE 08/24]

TheVisitorX

Hey guys, I just downloaded SE today so I am assuming it's the latest version. Watched the tutorial video. Followed it all the way. Everything worked. I injected a .wem file I used last year in 2k16. I replaced Italian patriot. I go to it in the game and it works perfectly. The problem is that after winning a match, the .wem I injected is not played, it plays what I think is the original Italian patriot or maybe some generic music. Sorry if this was addressed but I read every post until page 12 and stopped.

4 hours ago, eggie25 said:

90's 1 isn't allowing me to replace music over it. I was able to do so with 90's 2. Do you know what the problem may be?

I have the same problem. I don't know why 90s 1 isn't working, maybe it is the wrong id and there is another 90 file. If i find the issue I will let you know. In the meantime try another one. 

@laddanator. Maybe yes. I will give it try today. 

Edited by TheVisitorX

TheVisitorX, first of all thank you for your work, I have a CAW League and your program to me is extremely useful to keep the various theme song.
WWE 2K17 worked great, with themes edited until recently was released version 1.01, a few days ago, since then, after changing themes with Sound Editor 2017, automatically the game crashes, delete the executable file by downloading it from the server again , effectively destroying the EXE file, and canceling the change of themes ... I do not know if the thing is clear, but it is very strange, I can do something to fix the problem?
Thank you, and sorry if my english is not perfect (I write from Italy).

Lion72 ASW

2 minutes ago, TheVisitorX said:

Did you apply the chunk_cache.bin and cunk_cache2.bin fix again after the DLC update?

cunk_cache2.bin crashes my game on splash screen. If I delete chunk 2 , game runs fine. Just a heads up, I'd try to delete cache2.bin

Question on upcoming CCT, is the game needs to be updated with HOF DLC for it to work? I would like to know if the DLC is required. The last update broke the commentary.

14 hours ago, TheVisitorX said:

I have the same problem. I don't know why 90s 1 isn't working, maybe it is the wrong id and there is another 90 file. If i find the issue I will let you know. In the meantime try another one. 

@laddanator. Maybe yes. I will give it try today. 

Thanks. I just wanted to bring it to your attention.

6 minutes ago, GreenArcher said:

Question on upcoming CCT, is the game needs to be updated with HOF DLC for it to work? I would like to know if the DLC is required. The last update broke the commentary.

Yes, CCT does only work with the HOF DLC update. I've read about that commentary issue but it is easier for me to build CCT on the most recent version.

23 hours ago, TheVisitorX said:

Maybe a filepath or naming issue? Are there any special chars in your files?

I thought maybe that was the case, but I tried it on a one word filename and still experienced the issue. I have no idea whatsoever why it won't let me convert anything.

Could you try another path, something easy like the same directory where CCT is?

Edited by TheVisitorX

40 minutes ago, TheVisitorX said:

Yes, CCT does only work with the HOF DLC update. I've read about that commentary issue but it is easier for me to build CCT on the most recent version.

Thanks. I hope 2K releases a fix for the commentary. 

Besides 90's 1 not working, 90's 2 works in the preview but then once the song is done it changes back to the original. Also, 90's 2 doesn't play the new song at all during game play. It only plays the original. Will let you know if i notice anymore. Add Biker to the list.

Edited by eggie25

TheVisitorX--

Question... when updating Sound Editor from a previous version, do you advise doing a complete uninstall first? Or will using the installer again simply overwrite the old files?

Edited by Clarityman

i have the game fully updated but soon as I add a sound file the commentaors don't finish there lines or say about finishers it really strange its only the finishes that's the problem.

1 hour ago, dunhill1986 said:

i have the game fully updated but soon as I add a sound file the commentaors don't finish there lines or say about finishers it really strange its only the finishes that's the problem.

Nothing to do with SE, it's because of the HOF update!

4 hours ago, Clarityman said:

TheVisitorX--

Question... when updating Sound Editor from a previous version, do you advise doing a complete uninstall first? Or will using the installer again simply overwrite the old files?

No need to use the setup, because there is an auto-updater included in SE since version 2.2.1. Simply run the update.exe.

Edited by TheVisitorX

2 quick things:

1) Is there a way I can Export the songs to something other than WEM or OGG?

2) When I export to OGG and play it in my media player, why is the EQ so weird and loud?

10 minutes ago, fullMETAL said:

When I export to OGG and play it in my media player, why is the EQ so weird and loud?

presumably so it can be heard over the commentary and crowd noise

Makes sense.

When I try to listen to something like the original SmackDown theme, a lot of it gets lost, which is why it had me scratching my head about it.

22 minutes ago, fullMETAL said:

2 quick things:

1) Is there a way I can Export the songs to something other than WEM or OGG?

2) When I export to OGG and play it in my media player, why is the EQ so weird and loud?

11 minutes ago, kevan1700 said:

presumably so it can be heard over the commentary and crowd noise

All sounds are recorded way too loud because otherwise they would be too quiet in the game. It is the same with imported sounds. You have to increase the volume a lot to get them with a "normal" volume in the game.

Edited by TheVisitorX

The tool used to convert wem files only supports ogg. But it is up to you to convert the ogg file to any other file format you like.

1 hour ago, TheVisitorX said:

Nothing to do with SE, it's because of the HOF update!

No need to use the setup, because there is an auto-updater included in SE since version 2.2.1. Simply run the update.exe.

What if I'm still using 2.1.3? Do you recommend I uninstall before installing the new version?

Just now, Clarityman said:

What if I'm still using 2.1.3? Do you recommend I uninstall before installing the new version?

I would uninstall SE before but it is not necessary. The setup routine overwrites all files. But it would be a cleaner way and prevent some issues.

TheVisitorX Thank you for your support! I do have an issue, however. Whenever I add songs that are mp3 and let the converter add them to 2k17, the track itself becomes corrupted in-game, changes to a wave format and will not play. Any suggestions? 

Edited by ICEFIRE

On 3/11/2017 at 5:42 PM, TheVisitorX said:

Could you try another path, something easy like the same directory where CCT is?

What do you mean another path? As in where the .WEM Export Directory is? And you said something easy like where CCT is, but.........CCT isn't out yet? Unless you mean CCT for 2K16? Am I supposed to have CCT along with the Sound Editor for it to work? Overall just confused, sorry.