Sound Editor 2017 3.2.0 / Custom Character Tools 2017 1.0.3 / [LAST UPDATE 08/24]

TheVisitorX

3 minutes ago, TheVisitorX said:

Yep, I've found that in the opposite direction. I've changed that byte of my modded superstar to The Rock's because I wanted to know if the name announcements are somewhere in the pofo file. After that change, the commentary mentioned him as "The Rock" but Lilian did not.

Oh my, it would have been nice if I had known that. More work to do on the Data Editor, will be a mess to get the GUI aligned again. There goes my hours. ;)

I wonder if you set it to say 0 and you make a CAW with whatever name in CAW slot 0 if it will use that one instead if you set it to 0 for that byte.

Are there any other adverse affects? I remember 2k15 didn't play well with it being set differently than the first and third Wrestler ID.

@kim666, if you have some time, would you be so kind and have a look at the Data Analysis thread and see if you know anything else that I've missed on what some of the bytes in the .pofo, .moveset and .team_info do?

That's really interesting. In going through the sound files, I've found a bunch of commentary and announcer entries for JJ Dillon and Rick Martel. I wonder if they have ID's that could be turned on or swapped, or repurposed for mods.

14 minutes ago, List of Jericho said:

what do i download to use the sound converter tool?

From the FAQ on the first post:

What do I need to run this tool?

Sound Injector is a .NET-Application. So you will need .NET-Framework 4.5 to run this application! You will also need a 64bit Windows version up to Windows 10, because the executable was build with 64bit support.

In order to run the "Sound-Converter" tool or to import wav or mp3 files, you will need to have an installed version of Wwise.

Sound Editor does the installation and download automatically if there is no version installed!

If that - for some reasons - doesn't work, here is a download link:

https://www.audiokinetic.com/files/?get=2014.1.6_5318/Authoring_Win32.msi

https://www.audiokinetic.com/files/?get=2014.1.6_5318/Authoring_x64.msi

https://www.audiokinetic.com/files/?get=2014.1.6_5318/Authoring_Data.msi

Please use only that version, version 2015.x or higher does not work!!!

Just now, ZPE said:

From the FAQ on the first post:

no I already have it working I mean, what do you download to convert mp3's to .wems in the sound converter

Just now, List of Jericho said:

no I already have it working I mean, what do you download to convert mp3's to .wems in the sound converter

Wwise which is imbedded into the program (you install that when you first install) - Tools > Sound Converter. You need to set-up the location of the ///bin file folder which is explained in the FAQ as well. If it doesn't work, try manually downloading Wwise files via the links I quoted.

On 2/25/2017 at 10:56 PM, TheVisitorX said:

@RatedRGamalielHave you installed the vcredis.exe? And both wwise files?

Hi, Thanks for answering, i didnt know about the vcredis.exe one, i only installed the three executables from the links you posted

With the upcoming release of SE (2.3.0) it is now possible to create new sound PCK archives. This is helpful if you want to create a new sound archive with only a few files. And it is easier and faster as deleting files from archives or replace files. PCK archives can hold wem and bnk files. The filename needs to have the same id as the other files in the sound archives. And your pck archive needs a name the game still knows, so it is not possible to include more pck files, because the game does not read other files. But I think that it makes some things easier.

xUA7bcCRPz2gtuhZug.gif

There are still some issues which I have to sort out before I can publish this new feature.

Edited by TheVisitorX
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, TheVisitorX said:

With the upcoming release of SE (2.3.0) it is now possible to create new sound PCK archives. This is helpful if you want to create a new sound archive with only a few files. And it is easier and faster as deleting files from archives or replace files. PCK archives can hold wem and bnk files. The filename needs to have the same id as the other files in the sound archives. And your pck archive needs a name the game still knows, so it is not possible to include more pck files, because the game does not read other files. But I think that it makes some things easier.

xUA7bcCRPz2gtuhZug.gif

Unfortunately there are still some issues which I have to sort out before it can go live!

Whoa!  It's amazing how much you've been able to advance this program and 2K audio editing this year!  Thanks for doing all of this.

I'll send you an updated version of the data.xml file today or tomorrow, so you can pack it in with the next version once it's ready.

• Like 1

Yeah, you're right, but... There are still many open questions so I've had to edit my last post. After further testing I wasn't able to use the created pck file. It needs more work. Format is ok, SE and Ravioli Game Tools is able to read the file correctly but the game does not. There seems to be something else which I have missed. I'm sorry. I'll try my best to find the issue but I can't promise.

So the next update will be a new data update only! But I think, even that helps a lot of people (including myself).

Edited by TheVisitorX
  • Like 3

56 minutes ago, TheVisitorX said:

Yeah, you're right, but... There are still many open questions so I've had to delete my last post. After further testing I wasn't able to use the created pck file. It needs more work. Format is ok, SE and Ravioli Game Tools is able to read the file correctly but the game does not. There seems to be something else which I have missed. I'm sorry. I'll try my best to find the issue but I can't promise.

So the next update will be a new data update only! But I think, even that helps a lot of people (including myself).

Anything helps...thanks! :)

• Like 1

Thank you! :) OK, I'm a step further. The game reads my new file, my sort order was wrong... but... It seems to read only certain songs. Really strange issue. 10 songs and 6 songs are working and 4 not. But in SE I can hear them all...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheVisitorX said:

Thank you! :) OK, I'm a step further. The game reads my new file, my sort order was wrong... but... It seems to read only certain songs. Really strange issue. 10 songs and 6 songs are working and 4 not. But in SE I can hear them all...

Still, progress!

Earlier on I tried swapping the names of two DLC files and seeing if the game would still read them.  It didn't seem to work.  Even though they are both file names that the game recognizes, and they contain sound ID's that the game references.  So either something in the game or in the files isn't making the connection.

• Like 1

This is off topic, but pertains to 2K17 sound at the same time. I have a sound.pac from SvR 2006. I'm trying to get the LG entrance announce files to bring over to 2K17. Can anyone help me extract the pac or point me in the right direction for a older tool to do so? 

Figured it out. Files are in a afs format then extracts to a adx format which I can easily covert to wav and so on. :)

Edited by laddanator
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, I CAN I WILL said:

do you we can add songs without replacing

You can't add "new" songs.

Edited by TheVisitorX

4 minutes ago, I CAN I WILL said:

oh then how this new feature work

You can add new songs, yes. But the problem is, the game does not trigger your new songs so it is useless (for now). That new feature is mainly for sound-creators or users who want to create or edit sound archives faster. But there are still the same limitations as before. It's only a first step into building "separate" sound archives for the game.

Edited by TheVisitorX

A new data update for SE from @tomwearsglasses is now available via auto-updater!!

Simply search for updates or run update.exe to download that new data update.

Changelog from @tomwearsglasses:

- Logged the DLC40_Hall_of_Fame_Showcase.pck commentary
- Logged part of Lillian Garcia's announcements in ra_m.pck (thanks to @Ahmed Anter!)
- Logged about 2,500 commentary ID's in the comm_common1_m.pck

Edited by TheVisitorX
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, TheVisitorX said:

A new data update for SE from @tomwearsglasses is now available via auto-updater!!

Simply search for updates or run update.exe to download that new data update.

Changelog from tom:

- Logged the DLC40_Hall_of_Fame_Showcase.pck commentary
- Logged part of Lillian Garcia's announcements in ra_m.pck (thanks to Ahmed Anter!)
- Logged about 2,500 commentary ID's in the comm_common1_m.pck

Wow! I know the pain of weeding through thousands of sounds files, and it sucks! Lol Great job, guys! 

Edited by laddanator
  • Like 2

If you couldn't inject files,  even wem files then it is nothing with wwise.

There are 3 possible reasons:

1. Your game is running and SE can't access your sounds

2. You have a firewall or antivirus running which blocks file access

3. You don't have admin rights 

Please make sure that you have checked all three of them.

Two others:

Check your vcredis.exe and .Net framework. There is a vcredis installer in the main directory. Try to run it.