Sound Editor 2017 3.2.0 / Custom Character Tools 2017 1.0.3 / [LAST UPDATE 08/24]

TheVisitorX

1 hour ago, CR7 JACKHAMMER said:

Is custom character tool is free

My tools are always free to use. You can donate to support my work if you want but you don't have to. But cct does not support pirated versions of the game.  

Edited by TheVisitorX
  • Like 2

My computer wont let me get the latest update. So weird because its not even my virus protection stopping it.....I guess I'm fine with the version I have. I just hope I'm not missing something from this update

23 hours ago, TheVisitorX said:

Wuhuuu :). Great! Thank you!

just to let you know that everything is worked superb !! thx sooo much for your work ! 

• Like 1

Ok, so I've been spending time trying to catalog all of the commentary in the comm_common1_m.pck - with the goal of working toward making all the commentary somewhat searchable.

Unfortunately at this rate it'll probably take me two months just to do this one file.  But if anyone wants to help...or even better tackle one of the other files...here's a spreadsheet which catalogs the tagging structure I've been using:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dWeBuzzj5dpTUEGzclkX2r1OsZn1Diiu8jpVfddVNZM/edit#gid=0

I'll continue to add names and categories as I come across them.  And you'll be able to see it in action with the next data.xml update.

The idea is that if you wanted to say, replace a 2K17 wrestler with a mod, you'd be able to sort just that wrestler's commentary and delete the entries.  For example, if you want to replace Alundra Blayze with Madusa, you could sort the commentary for Blayze and remove (or replace if you were even more ambitious) all the entries, removing all the comments referencing Alundra Blayze.  It also makes it more possible and practical to do more substantial audio modding.

So far I've done all of the patches and DLC files.  @Ahmed Anter has been doing awesome work with the  ra_m.pck file (which has most of Lillian Garcia's ring announcements).  I'm working on comm_common1_m.pck as my next cataloging project.  If anyone is looking for an easy way to contribute, feel free to pick off some entries in one of the other files.  Thanks!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CR7 JACKHAMMER said:

Sir can you please you make a cct for pirated version

I feel comfortable answering this.......NOPE! If you like to play the game, you should buy it. 2K spends a lot of time and money on this game, and it's people like you that mess it up for the rest of us!

• Like 2

Hello folks i shall cut straight to the point, I installed all the software provided in the tutorial and installed wwise 2014.1.6 I also followed the tutorial video on how to setup sound editor, I opened my mp3 in the converter and I got the dreaded can not convert I don't have the right version of wwise(wwise 2014 1.4) I went to the offical website and 1.4 isn't available to download any more can any of you guys give me some help or throw a 1.4 link my way anything to get it working

4 minutes ago, Mr_T said:

Hello folks i shall cut straight to the point, I installed all the software provided in the tutorial and installed wwise 2014.1.6 I also followed the tutorial video on how to setup sound editor, I opened my mp3 in the converter and I got the dreaded can not convert I don't have the right version of wwise(wwise 2014 1.4) I went to the offical website and 1.4 isn't available to download any more can any of you guys give me some help or throw a 1.4 link my way anything to get it working

just download this 2 (if you have 32 bit SO, get the link from the first page of this post)

https://www.audiokinetic.com/files/?get=2014.1.6_5318/Authoring_x64.msi

https://www.audiokinetic.com/files/?get=2014.1.6_5318/Authoring_Data.msi

then setup the path of Wwise bin directory and the wem export directory, thats all, should work

ps: unload your av just in case while doing all this, at least worked for me.

i hope this will help ! 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TheVisitorX said:

Do you use the current version 2.2.3?Try it with a wem file, your Wwise seems to be not proper installed. And make sure that you have admin rights. 

Soon. I'm focusing on it now. 

Obviously I am using the latest version (2.2.3). I tried it with a wem file and mp3. My Wwise version is also obviously v2014.1.6 build 5318.

But it still can't import wem file with Error: Couldn't inject file data.

hey when every time i edit the file my game get stuck in the start up loading screen any ideas why?

Edited by whytroopa

22 minutes ago, whytroopa said:

hey when every time i edit the file my game get stuck in the start up loading screen any ideas why?

Do you just wait, or does it crash? Sometimes the loading screen might hang for 3-4 minutes. Just wait it out ;)

Did you also replace your chunk_cache.bin file?

Edited by shanafan

9 minutes ago, shanafan said:

Do you just wait, or does it crash? Sometimes the loading screen might hang for 3-4 minutes. Just wait it out ;)

Did you also replace your chunk_cache.bin file?

I waited 5 minutes it just stays in the loading screen that your first see before the splash screens and no replace it with what?

8 minutes ago, whytroopa said:

I waited 5 minutes it just stays in the loading screen that your first see before the splash screens and no replace it with what?

WWE 2k17 Startup Crash Fix to get WWE 2k17 to work with mods
Synopsis: This is a download for an empty chunk_cache.bin file to replace the original one in the game directory to fix the crash on startup when you have mods installed. The Game will only work with mods if an empty chunk_cache.bin is installed.

Instructions:
Extract the chunk_cache.bin file included in the downloaded archive and copy it into your WWE 2k17 game folder to replace the much larger original file there (make a backup if you want). Install any mods you like and enjoy the game!
Generally, this has to be done only once, but in case Steam replaces it with the original version, simply replace the original with it again.

Download:
Click here to Download the empty chunk_cache.bin WWE 2k17 Startup crash fix

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, shanafan said:

WWE 2k17 Startup Crash Fix to get WWE 2k17 to work with mods
Synopsis: This is a download for an empty chunk_cache.bin file to replace the original one in the game directory to fix the crash on startup when you have mods installed. The Game will only work with mods if an empty chunk_cache.bin is installed.

Instructions:
Extract the chunk_cache.bin file included in the downloaded archive and copy it into your WWE 2k17 game folder to replace the much larger original file there (make a backup if you want). Install any mods you like and enjoy the game!
Generally, this has to be done only once, but in case Steam replaces it with the original version, simply replace the original with it again.

Download:
Click here to Download the empty chunk_cache.bin WWE 2k17 Startup crash fix

Thanks man works now

Short CCT development-update:

All changes have been made. I'll try to send a beta build in the next few hours. Please don't ask me about access, because I already have enough people to test. Since "Data Editor" development is going well, I have decided to wait with a first public release until Data Editor 2K17 is ready. I think both tools are working great together and it would be better to wait until @Cave Waverider has released his 2K17 version. I'm also waiting for the DLC, because of possible changes. So I'm not sure if a public build will be available before the DLC comes out. It depends how long we have to wait for it.

I'm now focussing on other things, mostly sound related. I have some more ideas which I want to add in SE, for example the creation of custom pck sound archives (which is not really possible, because the pck files which the game loads are hard-coded). It is only an experimental feature AND it doesn't mean that you can add new sounds. But it helps to organize some things.

Edited by TheVisitorX
  • Like 3

I was going through the announcer pack, and listen to each wem to replace names and such, and  2.3 crashed on me. 

UtRCnN.jpg

cGRoyI.jpg

Yep, seems like the bass.dll doesn't like you :/. When does it crash exactly? Unfortunately bass.dll is an external library so I can't do much.

1 minute ago, TheVisitorX said:

Yep, seems like the bass.dll doesn't like you :/. When does it crash exactly? Unfortunately bass.dll is an external library so I can't do much.

No rhyme or reason for the crash. I can click on the first wem, and it will crash, or 15th wem. Lol  Who needs bass anyway! :)

14 minutes ago, laddanator said:

No rhyme or reason for the crash. I can click on the first wem, and it will crash, or 15th wem. Lol  Who needs bass anyway! :)

Ah... the "Hollywood Hogan issue" :(.

Edited by TheVisitorX
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TheVisitorX said:

Ah... the "Hollywood Hogan issue" :(.

I just did a repair to my Netframe 4.5.1, which would repair the bass.dll if it's "broken" so far I've gotten future than ever with no crash.

On 28.2.2017 at 2:43 AM, tomwearsglasses said:

The idea is that if you wanted to say, replace a 2K17 wrestler with a mod, you'd be able to sort just that wrestler's commentary and delete the entries.

Do you know that it is also possible to remove the comments by just editing the pofo?

If you change the wrestler id at Byte 8 to an unused slot, you wrestlers no longer has personal comments.

For example for the Rock you would change 64 to 6D (for example) at Byte 8. Only the announcer will remain.

Edited by kim666
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, kim666 said:

Do you know that it is also possible to remove the comments by just editing the pofo?

If you change the wrestler id at Byte 8 to an unused slot, you wrestlers no longer has personal comments.

For example for the Rock you would change 64 to 6D (for example) at Byte 8. Only the announcer will remake.

Very interesting!

20 minutes ago, kim666 said:

For example for the Rock you would change 64 to 6D (for example) at Byte 8. Only the announcer will remain.

Yep, I've found that in the opposite direction. I've changed that byte of my modded superstar to The Rock's because I wanted to know if the name announcements are somewhere in the pofo file. After that change, the commentary mentioned him as "The Rock" but Lilian did not.