Sound Editor 2017 3.2.0 / Custom Character Tools 2017 1.0.3 / [LAST UPDATE 08/24]

TheVisitorX

Cool!  I'm working on the Hall of Fame DLC 40 file next.

@TheVisitorX - I can merge the data if you want.  Save you some trouble.

@Ahmed Anter - do you mind if add "LG " to the beginning of each of the entries (for Lillian Garcia)?  Since some of the files have announcing and commentary mixed together, I've been putting the initials of whomever is speaker at the front to make it easier to search and sort.

LG = Lillian Garcia

MC = Michael Cole

JL = Jerry Lawler

JBL = Justin Bradshaw Layfield

JR = Jim Ross (there's a couple of files with him in the HOF pack)

Edited by tomwearsglasses

i am having troubles with the converting tool and when i try to open the Wwise v2014 program it appears a little window that says "The application has failed to start because its side by side configuration is incorrect"

Sound Editor 2017 v 2.2.0 has been released in the main post!!!

It is a HUGE new update which contains several bugfixes, improvements and new features! So, please update soon!

@Cave Waverider Your "Replaced Name" column is now in!

@esbatmusic You can now delete multiple rows!

@tomwearsglasses Data has been separated into multiple files.

Changelog

- New XML file structure / separate xml file for shipped and custom data files -> There are now 3 XML files.

1. data.xml - contains all the main data and is maintained and updated by the devs!

2. custom_data.xml - contains only YOUR edited data and will not overwritten when an updates gets released

3. replaced_data.xml - this file is for a new feature in 2.2.0, see below for details

- Added a new column to rename your song you've changed ->  This works similar to the name, but you can specify here the song with which you have the file replaced.

- Added new "mass-sound-delete support" -> Select multiple rows and press "Delete" key to delete multiple sounds!

- Added visual update.exe file -> Execute the update.exe and it searches and installs updates automatically - also data.xml updates

- Added updated data.xml file from @tomwearsglasses

- Fixed: wrong wav import when wwise couldn't convert the source file to wem

- Fixed: wrong search field positioning when window is maximized

- Fixed: SE lists "junk" wav files as wem extension

- Removed: admin rights for execution <--- needs to be tested

Do not forget to backup your data.xml if you have made any changes!!

Edited by TheVisitorX
  • Like 5

59 minutes ago, TheVisitorX said:

It is a HUGE new update which contains several bugfixes, improvements and new features! So, please update soon!

Changelog

- New XML file structure / separate xml file for shipped and custom data files -> There are now 3 XML files.

1. data.xml - contains all the main data and is maintained and updated by the devs!

2. custom_data.xml - contains only YOUR edited data and will not overwritten when an updates gets released

3. replaced_data.xml - this file is for a new feature in 2.2.0, see below for details

- Added a new column to rename your song you've changed ->  This works similar to the name, but you can specify here the song with which you have the file replaced.

- Added new "mass-sound-delete support" -> Select multiple rows and press "Delete" key to delete multiple sounds!

- Added visual update.exe file -> Execute the update.exe and it searches and installs updates automatically - also data.xml updates

A wonderful update, thank you. One more request. Would you please be so kind and add a "Search by ReplacedName" option to the search so we can search for replaced sounds when you find the time? Thank you very much!

Edited by Cave Waverider
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Cave Waverider said:

A wonderful update, thank you. One more request. Would you please be so kind and add a "Search by ReplacedName" option to the search so we can search for replaced sounds when you find the time? Thank you very much!

Yes, I will add that in a few minutes. There is a small problem with my file host which does not support exe files, so I have to find another host... So the next update does not work within the updater.exe. A new setup is needed :(.

9 minutes ago, TheVisitorX said:

Yes, I will add that in a few minutes. There is a small problem with my file host which does not support exe files, so I have to find another host... So the next update does not work within the updater.exe. A new setup is needed :(.

It might be possible to change the file extension, then rar it, thus bypassing the host restriction perhaps to jpg.  All we would have to do is change it back upon download.  Just a thought.  Don't know if they can detect that.

17 minutes ago, Freon said:

It might be possible to change the file extension, then rar it, thus bypassing the host restriction perhaps to jpg.  All we would have to do is change it back upon download.  Just a thought.  Don't know if they can detect that.

Good idea, maybe I will use that as fallback if my new host has something against exe files. For now it seems to work with my test.exe file.

Update 2.2.1 is out. Please download it again.

Changes:

- Fixed update.exe

- "Search by ReplacedName" added

- "Check for updates" added

Edited by TheVisitorX
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, TheVisitorX said:

Changelog

PERFECT! Will update it now and get it done faster :D

3 minutes ago, esbatmusic said:

PERFECT! Will update it now and get it done faster :D

It is still not really optimized so try only a few at once or it could take ages ^^.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, TheVisitorX said:

It is still not really optimized so try only a few at once or it could take ages ^^.

Hm, weird. Whenever I try to import a theme, it says on the left bottom side "Error: Couldn't create backup file". First time this has appeared to me.

2 minutes ago, Legend_killer79 said:

Hm, weird. Whenever I try to import a theme, it says on the left bottom side "Error: Couldn't create backup file". First time this has appeared to me.

Maybe that is because I have disabled the "run as admin" feature. Could you try to run the program with forced admin rights? (Or maybe your disk is full???)

Edited by TheVisitorX

Just now, TheVisitorX said:

Maybe that is because I have disabled the "run as admin" feature. Could you try to run the program with force admin rights?

Yup, that was it. Once I started with admin rights, it all worked fine.

Just now, Legend_killer79 said:

Yup, that was it. Once I started with admin rights, it all worked fine.

That's odd :(. Okay, I will re-enable that feature in the next update. Thank you!

Just now, TheVisitorX said:

That's odd :(. Okay, I will re-enable that feature in the next update. Thank you!

I tried several times without admin rights and it always gave me that issue. No problem man, I'll try some more to see if I get other issues.

1 hour ago, TheVisitorX said:

thinking of it now, is there a 'import multiple at once' way? That'd be helpeful, even if just 2-3 at the time lol. It's getting there , slowly but surely.