Decent Mikey Whipwreck Render/Hi Res pic.

Perfectplex

I don't mind doing all the converting myself but is there any decent high res pics of Mikey Whipwreck worth using as a render?

Seems they're all poor quality, low res or his older bald appearance.

I don't mind if he has dark hair, red hair or a bandanna on I just need a decent image, google images has proven a headache.

I ran into the same issues with pics of pat patterson, Bushwhackers, Bam Bam not wearing that weird gear and Kama Mustafa with a bald head or hat (maybe others but those spring to mind) but Whipwreck is just proven near impossible to find a pic worth using.

This is one I've worked on for ages but can't seem to get it to look right at all, especially the edging.

44d8ccc5ee4fce0a7ea5715cbe25900c.png

Doesn't look TOO bad at first glance but against a dark background the awful edging is very apparent.

Edited by Perfectplex

Thanks Clarityman, however I aren't really keen on that one so much either because of the bleed in effect on the edges, I wish there was the original source of that image available publicly because that would be perfect.

I hear ya, and I see it too. I use it anyway because it's still so much better than the default, and like you said, there seems to be nothing else publicly available.

At least it's better than the software-render type default, and like you, I had little success blowing up any images, it just dilutes the image quality too much.

I used the same image, I applied some effects to it and put it in my game but I've done some more editing this morning as I wasn't happy with it. Think this is as good as I'm gonna get it tbh:

e9i44g.png

Quite a few renders that I think I'm gonna have a hard time with tbh :lol At least I got something half-decent with this one but I have a feeling a few of my renders I'm just gonna have to settle on being shitty.

Cheers, much better, I will just work a little on the tshirt to try and hide some of that compression artifacting, the actual outline and skin parts are much much better than what I had, thanks.

Thanks to you two I was having fun with renders [great job on Disciple's render with the limited high quality pics of him, 4 Life :)], so a bit sad to read this about 2k17 on gamesradar;

The game no longer utilizes real life imagery

CAW makers will be delighted with this one: the wrestler select screen, and loading screens, use close-ups of the wrestlers’ in-game likenesses now, rather than real-life renders. This is important because in previous years there’s been an obvious quality difference when pitting a CAW against an on-disc guy – Braun Strowman vs Dolph Ziggler last year, for instance.

"One of the things we’ve been working towards is to make the characters look so good that there’s no need to have photos," explains Little. "I think we’re approaching that point. And another reason we wanted to push in this direction is for your created superstar. We want them to look just like everybody else [on the roster]."

This also affects the in-match HUD for the better. Where previously your reversal and momentum bars were accompanied by a small image of the wrestler’s face, the latter has now been replaced with a figure which shows off limb, body and head damage – a longstanding element of the series, but one that only flashed up briefly in WWE 2K16. (For instance when you transitioned an arm from ‘yellow’ damage to ‘orange’.)

Edited by BeleeDat

Slight alterations done to 4lifes provided image just to hide a bit of artifacting.

d1baecd393210791a8db14e6fd4a066b.png

I think this is as good as its going to get really and I'm satisfied with the outcome.

• Like 1