Replacing Renders Without X-Packer

Perfectplex

hi perfectplex, did you try sifting through the original misc_01 file in the pac folder. i tried putting zero attires on kevin nash during 2k15 and it deleted out his render which freaked me out, i thought it was the save and when i put back 1 attire for him, his render returned. it was weird. i think the renders might be in that file.

I tried putting 0 attires in a while ago actually to see if you can literally just have a created attire as their one base attire, but it did nothing to the render in this game for me. Also still left me with the one Original attire.

I've tried my newly created render injector and it seems some renders aren't working as excepted, for example: I can't replace William Regal. And Arnold T1 and T2 share the same renders. If I change Arnold T1, T2 also changes. Can anyone confirm that?

Edit: Got it working with a little "hack". Renamed my custom folder to typx_dlc50 and it is working now... Strange that some of them are working without that hack and some not.

Edit 2: Seems like there are some caching issues because sometimes it works, sometimes it does not..

Edited by TheVisitorX

I've tried my newly created render injector and it seems some renders aren't working as excepted, for example: I can't replace William Regal. And Arnold T1 and T2 share the same renders. If I change Arnold T1, T2 also changes. Can anyone confirm that?

Edit: Ok William Regal is working now, my fault but Arnold T1/T2 issue still exists.

I Hope You Will Figure it out i cant help with this stuff maybe other can !

Edit: Got it working with a little "hack". Renamed my custom folder to typx_dlc50 and it is working now... Strange that some of them are working without that hack and some not.

Edit 2: Seems like there are some caching issues because sometimes it works, sometimes it does not..

From what I can gather there doesn't seem to be any difference between the two Arnie renders and they seem to be separate like the rest, could you have possibly accidentally used a duplicate ID code in the main script? so when you are replacing one it is replacing both?

If the problem persists let me know and I will double check everything and have a look at the hex code to try and figure out any odd correlations between the two.

Thanks! But the problem was that I've tried to keep the references in the original ltag file and only overwrite them with the new render pac files. My hope was that there is an order the game loads the files. So I've tried different name schemes (_, zzz, _dlc50). But that didn't work as expected so I cancelled that approach and now it is working fine but without the references. The strange thing was, that sometimes it did work and sometimes it didn't... But yeah :). Oh and it seems that the ltagtypeb render for Arnold T1/T2 is interchanged. T1 = T2 and T2 = T1.

Edited by TheVisitorX

Any update on the tool yet mate? 

He released the CCT update with tool added a few days ago mate, f***cking awesome tool ;)

Edited by 4 Life

• 2 weeks later...

Something has been troubling me since I seen the data base table in the first post specifically the slot/hex and pac/hex columns.

Looking down the list there is clearly a pattern to these numbers for example lets just look at the first few rows between slot 100 and 110

100/6400
101/6500
102/6600
103/6700
104/6800
107/6B00
108/6C00
110/6E00

Now clearly there are a few slot numbers missing from this list and if you look these missing numbers also disrupt the pattern of the hex number but if you apply the same sequence of pattern to the missing numbers it starts to unfold

105/6900
106/6A00
109/6D00

The pattern is pretty clear and it appears once the sequence gets to the letter "F" the next one jumps to the next digit so for example:

111/6F00
112/7000

Using this method you can actually work out the Hex numbers for the missing slots as it increase's using the same method and even further down the list whilst the numbers change and other digits come into play once you've seen the pattern it's easy to decode.

After you hit 9 the next digit in any column becomes A and so forth until you reach the letter F which signifies the end of the code for that column and once you get to slot 297 the code starts over again this time with the addition of 1 in the last column.

So i guess what im trying to ask here is if we can determine the slot/hex numbers for the missing slots and use the same pattern to determine slots for modded superstars then is it possible to create or inject pac files that the game will actually look for and read??

Something has been troubling me since I seen the data base table in the first post specifically the slot/hex and pac/hex columns.

Looking down the list there is clearly a pattern to these numbers for example lets just look at the first few rows between slot 100 and 110

100/6400
101/6500
102/6600
103/6700
104/6800
107/6B00
108/6C00
110/6E00

Now clearly there are a few slot numbers missing from this list and if you look these missing numbers also disrupt the pattern of the hex number but if you apply the same sequence of pattern to the missing numbers it starts to unfold

105/6900
106/6A00
109/6D00

The pattern is pretty clear and it appears once the sequence gets to the letter "F" the next one jumps to the next digit so for example:

111/6F00
112/7000

Using this method you can actually work out the Hex numbers for the missing slots as it increase's using the same method and even further down the list whilst the numbers change and other digits come into play once you've seen the pattern it's easy to decode.

After you hit 9 the next digit in any column becomes A and so forth until you reach the letter F which signifies the end of the code for that column and once you get to slot 297 the code starts over again this time with the addition of 1 in the last column.

So i guess what im trying to ask here is if we can determine the slot/hex numbers for the missing slots and use the same pattern to determine slots for modded superstars then is it possible to create or inject pac files that the game will actually look for and read??

you explained simple decimal to hexadecimal conversion.  64 will always equal 100, 70 will always equal 112 ect.

The real issue is that render names are like 537B3759 which aren't to an easily discern-able pattern

So even though we know 105 = 6900 we don't know what the equivalent render name should be.  Follow?

Cheers for the response Pozzum and yip I do understand what your saying as that was my real concern and answer I was looking for.

Perfectplex has described how easy it is to insert the 8 digit code into the footer and header etc so in that sense one could just generate your own unique 8 digit code for the final stages linking the .dds to the pac files etc so it's not necessarily the code that's the problem it's finding the source that requests that 8 digit code and links it to the slot ID/HEX in the first place that's the issue??

Edited by Dirtnz

Yes, exactly, I do a lot of Hex investigating and have yet to find anything that calls the ID's, they could be hard coded in the main script which means it would be out of reach for hex editing but we shall remain optimistic and keep looking because never say never.

• 2 weeks later...

hi @perfectplex, bray wyatt and bradmaddox have the same TYPE A Code... brad maddox is the wrong one,, bray wyatt owns that Code :) 

Well spotted, Bray Wyatt's is correct.

Brad Maddox Type A = AC72C396

I will fix the list right now, if you or anybody else notices any other mistake please let me know ASAP and I will forward the info onto TheVisitorX for fixing custom character tools reference ID's too.

really awesome work!!!! very much appreciated!.....just now inserted aj styles image in my game!

BGpOMyQ.jpg

Edited by yeshwant

really awesome work!!!! very much appreciated!.....just now inserted aj styles image in my game!

Good work but you can save a lot of time and effort by using TheVisitorX's awesome Custom Character Tools which has implemented this method to do half the job for you and you will be able to add them much faster, you will still need to prepare the renders as DDS files but the tool will skip all the hex work.

Edited by Perfectplex
  • Like 1

If you mean size as in resolution then I haven't tested other resolution sizes but I would stick to the 512x512 and 1024x1024 sizes to avoid problems, also as they are technically textures they are often required to be ^2 resolution.

If you mean size as in file size then yes any size is fine.

Edited by Perfectplex

can i put render of any size? or size should be exact?

They image sizes need to be 1024x1024 for the type a's and b's and 512x512 for the type c's. You also need to size the actual image correctly inside the files or it'll look disproportionate. I wrote a render sizing guide which will help you get started.

If you're lazy like me for type A just change the type B's image size to 824x1024 so it squashes it, then change the canvas size back to 1024x1024 and save as type A :p

If you're lazy like me for type A just change the type B's image size to 824x1024 so it squashes it, then change the canvas size back to 1024x1024 and save as type A :p

Noooooo, the idea is to stretch it vertically as the game squashes it already :p Same amount of steps anyway - change the type B image size to 1024x1275, then canvas size back to 1024x1024. Save. Done.

change the type B image size to 1024x1275

having to change three digits instead of one.

f5fc55033dc7c82ba61eba9cfc9c78d8.gif

my method does the same thing, when you scale the image to 824x1024 it squashes the image, then you change your canvas size back to 1024x1024 (leaving the image squashed).

Either way they're about the same number of steps, although I guess with your method when you rescale the canvas it wont have white borders you have to mask out, I'll give your method a go next time, I think I've got them all done anyway now....except mods, but lets not get into that annoying problem.

Edited by Perfectplex

change the type B image size to 1024x1275

having to change three digits instead of one.

f5fc55033dc7c82ba61eba9cfc9c78d8.gif

my method does the same thing, when you scale the image to 824x1024 it squashes the image, then you change your canvas size back to 1024x1024 (leaving the image squashed).

Either way they're about the same number of steps, although I guess with your method when you rescale the canvas it wont have white borders you have to mask out, I'll give your method a go next time, I think I've got them all done anyway now....except mods, but lets not get into that annoying problem.

:lol They're gonna be too small that way though. They'll be the right aspect, but when you compare them to the original ones they'll be smaller. Also if you're in a 6 man match and some of the renders are placed in the top half of the screen, the bottom of them might be visibly cut off. Whereas, resizing to 1275 you're literally just counteracting the vertical squashing that the game applies. Figured this out by opening Sting's type A and B, and then scaling the whole image of the type b so that the size of the actual image matched the type a perfectly. Then noted down the height, resized the canvas, applied it to a different Sting and compared the two in-game and, perfect result :)

Oh I understand what you mean, but that's what I meant by lazy method, you sacrifice a bit of sizing issues in return for a fast process of just generating a lazy batch of renders :p

a8341ad7a22afd465009ae58c6fd69f3.png

I know, I know, I'm such a lazy sod, I just don't have the time and patience anymore, especially as by the time I've finished doing a full batch I've usually grown bored and change the style completely.

Oh I understand what you mean, but that's what I meant by lazy method, you sacrifice a bit of sizing issues in return for a fast process of just generating a lazy batch of renders :pI know, I know, I'm such a lazy sod, I just don't have the time and patience anymore, especially as by the time I've finished doing a full batch I've usually grown bored and change the style completely.

Fair enough, yeah as I sat it'd take the same amount of time to do it like I do but if you've replaced every single render then it might not matter too much as they'll all be the same size. Sod going back and redoing all those as well :lol