Replacing Renders Without X-Packer

Perfectplex

EVERY TIME I WANT TO OPEN 0001.BPE.UNPACKED IN XPACKER HE GAVE ME ERROR SO HOW I REPLACE RENDERS WITHOUT HEX EDITIOR

I have X-Packer, but tbh I find the whole thing works much smoother without it. If you'd like to extract a render to work on it or whatever then you open your PACH file and hit Decompress All and you should get a 0001.pac, change the file name to 0001.dds so you can edit it in paint.net or whatever.

But I open 0001.DDS IN PAINT.NET HE SHOWS ME THERE WAS AN UNSPECIFIED ERROR WHILE OPENING THE FILE AND I HIT DECOMPRESS ALL BUT THE GIVE ME JUST 0000.BPE AND 0001.BPE HE NOT GIVE ME 0001.PAC SO WHAT I DO NOW PLEASE HELP ME

you cant open 0001.dds with paint.net or ps you need visual studio

EVERY TIME I WANT TO OPEN 0001.BPE.UNPACKED IN XPACKER HE GAVE ME ERROR SO HOW I REPLACE RENDERS WITHOUT HEX EDITIOR

I have X-Packer, but tbh I find the whole thing works much smoother without it. If you'd like to extract a render to work on it or whatever then you open your PACH file and hit Decompress All and you should get a 0001.pac, change the file name to 0001.dds so you can edit it in paint.net or whatever.

But I open 0001.DDS IN PAINT.NET HE SHOWS ME THERE WAS AN UNSPECIFIED ERROR WHILE OPENING THE FILE AND I HIT DECOMPRESS ALL BUT THE GIVE ME JUST 0000.BPE AND 0001.BPE HE NOT GIVE ME 0001.PAC SO WHAT I DO NOW PLEASE HELP ME

you dont need them to inject

Don't use X-PacKer, it gives errors when trying to extract file 0001.

If you want to use X-PacKer you would have to convert the image in Visual Studio to DXGI_FORMAT_BC7_UNORM format which takes longer as it has to render it.

Then inject that image into the 0001 slot in X-PacKer.

It's a longer process and I'd advise just using paint dot net and follow the tutorial.

It seems like a long daunting tutorial but I can assure you it can take less than a minute to convert a png to a single render pac file once you know how.

Edited by Perfectplex
  • Like 1

Nooo you open it in VS first and then use that to save it in a different DDS format, the render files won't open with other programs (I didn't go into detail on that as I thought it was obvious, just me being presumptuous though so apologies for that!). You could also use VS to save it as a PNG which is also nice and quick.

Did you hit Decompress All when extracting the render in X-Packer?

Edited by 4LifeBrother

Don't use X-PacKer, it gives errors when trying to extract file 0001.

If you want to use X-PacKer you would have to convert the image in Visual Studio to DXGI_FORMAT_BC7_UNORM format which takes longer as it has to render it.

Then inject that image into the 0001 slot in X-PacKer.

It's a longer process and I'd advise just using paint dot net.

i had a tutorial on how to replace render with x packer without waiting for it i will wrote it in mine thread if you want!

i had a tutorial on how to replace render with x packer without waiting for it i will wrote it in mine thread if you want!

Save yourself the effort mate, once @TheVisitorX releases his tool/CCT update everyone will be using that I imagine :) Make your DDS, inject with the tool, done.

Save yourself the effort mate, once @TheVisitorX releases his tool/CCT update everyone will be using that I imagine :) Make your DDS, inject with the tool, done.

wow!

wow!

Scroll up the page a bit, there are preview pics and it appears to be a very simple tool :D 

Sure, go ahead, I will update the tutorial with a link to your tut, I just find it quicker to skip X-PacKer in this case for single render files.

But yes the tool should make it quicker, I guess it comes down to preference in tools and techniques.

Edited by Perfectplex

wow!

Scroll up the page a bit, there are preview pics and it appears to be a very simple tool :D 

yes!

Sure, go ahead, I will update the tutorial with a link to your tut, I just find it quicker to skip X-PacKer in this case for single render files.

But yes the tool should make it quicker, I guess it comes down to preference in tools and techniques.

sure and yes!

i am done with tutorial !see my thread!

Guys I Saw Pic Of In Smacktalks Character Renders injector option in CCT BUT I download CCT And There Is Nothing CRI Option

Edited by Rohan Modding

Guys I Saw Pic Of In Smacktalks Character Renders injector option in CCT BUT I download CCT And There Is Nothing CRI Option

its is not yet just a preview to show it will be like that!see mine tutorial in mine thread!

its is not yet just a preview to show it will be like that!see mine tutorial in mine thread!

give me link

give me link

here is the link hope you will understand:http://smacktalks.org/forums/topic/63167-i-can-i-wills-new-erareplace-render-replacment-without-waiting-for-visual-studio/

can you show me a screen grab please.

or use zippyshare to upload the pac file and I will take a look to see what went wrong.

can you show me a screen grab please.

or use zippyshare to upload the pac file and I will take a look to see what went wrong.

I found out what it was, I used windows paint and when I opened it it would automatically surround it with a box. I fixed it by using a different picture editing program.

I found out what it was, I used windows paint and when I opened it it would automatically surround it with a box. I fixed it by using a different picture editing program.

EDIT: nvm, totally misread the post :lol

Edited by 4 Life

The Zip files did not include shade512.dds

You don't need it mate. Just take your type b dds, change the image size to 512x512, save it as your type c dds. As long as the face is central (horizontally) then it'll appear correctly.

In regards to that last post actually, I've spotted a correction that needs doing in the first post about making type c's. The John Cena render there is far too small, the image should just show their face. Examples of unmodified renders:

2cf9ugg.jpg

Literally all you need to do is just use your type b dds render as a base, resize that to 512x512 and you have a type c all ready :) You just have to make sure that the head is positioned in the center of the canvas, horizontally (this is also good practice for your type b as well, for correct placement). If you ripped both a type b and a type c render from the same superstar, then resized the type b to 512x512, both renders would then look exactly the same ;)

Some of my type c's:

11b7onl.jpg

Edited by 4 Life

Thank you for your tutorial! Now that there is an easier way to replace that images, I think I will include that functionality in my Custom Character Tools. I hope you are fine with that ;). Thank you again for finding that out!

It would be an honour.

I tried to make a program in C# but I got side tracked and flustered with it (im a very basic programmer) so abandoned it so if you could do something with it I had in mind just having the header and footer as resource files that can be automatically joined onto the dds image with a simple selection to pick which ID you want to replace.

For example you press on type A, B or C button which then opens up a window to pick your .dds image, checks you have the correct resolution (or just a warning) then it opens up a mini scroll menu to pick the ID you wish to replace (it loads the list relevant to the type you are editing). And in that list it has the default vanilla games name of what the ID belongs to.

If possible a "click here to preview" would be great to compare the before and after would be great if you can load .dds images in dxt5 format.

But anything that cuts down on work is going to help, I'd be happy to see my thread made redundant in return for a tool that does the job.

UPDATE:

Completed ID reference guide and included it inside the zip.

If you want to use another font or font size you will just have to play around with the tab spacing.

It definitely contains every single render but if you spot any mistakes please let me know so I can fix it ASAP.

Thanks! Great idea! That's exactly the way I've planned that feature for CCT :). Only a bit more like the current injectors of CCT. That preview thing is a good idea but I'm not sure if I can implement that for the next version. It's much more work to do. Maybe something for the future...

The same goes for the converter thing. I've had a similar idea but after thinking about it I came to the conclusion that it would be better to manage such a thing somewhere else. Because you still have to create that image in Paint.NET and you save only one step with that. But I will see what I can do :).

By the way, I will do it as you have said. I will "merge" the header, footer and the dds data and create another pac for that / "XXX" the references in the old ltag file. That's the easiest way.

pq3oq7i2.jpg

This Will be awesome!!!!!

• Like 1

hi perfectplex, did you try sifting through the original misc_01 file in the pac folder. i tried putting zero attires on kevin nash during 2k15 and it deleted out his render which freaked me out, i thought it was the save and when i put back 1 attire for him, his render returned. it was weird. i think the renders might be in that file.

Edited by JonasSlasher1994

In regards to that last post actually, I've spotted a correction that needs doing in the first post about making type c's. The John Cena render there is far too small, the image should just show their face. Examples of unmodified renders:

Hidden Content

Literally all you need to do is just use your type b dds render as a base, resize that to 512x512 and you have a type c all ready :) You just have to make sure that the head is positioned in the center of the canvas, horizontally (this is also good practice for your type b as well, for correct placement). If you ripped both a type b and a type c render from the same superstar, then resized the type b to 512x512, both renders would then look exactly the same ;)

Some of my type c's:

Hidden Content

Thanks for helping me